SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Some advice needed

air_super4

sorry for opening a new topic,

hi guys, i am scouting for a shadow ace, and recently i found 1 which is in good condition but price wise seem to be on the high side.

is FQ**** for $4000 machine price ex?

and wat is the mkt price for shadow ard this plate

thx for helping :cheeky:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend, the value of the bike boils down to how much a buyer percieves that the bike is worth and how much he like the bike how much he is willing to part with for the bike of his dreams.

1. Condition of engine.

a) hear how the bike sounds when bike is cold, warming up and warmed up

b) listen to how the engine sounds when its idling and when u high rev it.

Also listen to how the engine returns to idling speed after you have high reved it.

c) bring the bike for a short ride to have a feel of the engine to see whether it is smooth or not. listen for any loose parts or funny sounds.

2. History of bike.

a) Look at the log card. Usually the fewer owners the better. Coz pple wont keep a problematic bike for long.

b) Try to find out if bike has been involved in any accidents minor / serious coz this will affect the reliablity of the bike's struture (frame)

c) take mileage travelled into consideration as well

3. Exterior condition of the bike

a) Everyone loves a pretty and shiny cruiser

b) It also tells how much the owner takes care of his bike. Usually clean bike means caring owner who sayang his bike.

c) Look out for rust around engine area and if owner had concealed scratches or dents with stickers.

4. Accessories

a) Accessories like crash bar, boxes, windshield, performance modds are not cheap and they do enhance the looks of the bike

b) Accessories are NOT cheap, thus, they add to the value of the bike as well

Finally, a 10 year old bike that has been sayang-ed by the owner will defiantely run better that a 3 year old bike that has been whacked by the owner.

Go for the bike of your dream, dont buy a cheaper bike and end up regretting your decision. Cheers.

learning to be a better rider.

paid $3800 for my shadow ace. plate FRXXX. but 150,000 km. 5 owners. have a had minor problems with brake (fixed $100). currently having issues with coolant pump (quoted $600+). But I have had it repainted as the body is in good condition.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5778/853/1600/Myshadow.jpg

Originally posted by dreamwalk@Oct 8 2006, 11:28 PM

My friend, the value of the bike boils down to how much a buyer percieves that the bike is worth and how much he like the bike how much he is willing to part with for the bike of his dreams.

1. Condition of engine.

a) hear how the bike sounds when bike is cold, warming up and warmed up

b) listen to how the engine sounds when its idling and when u high rev it.

Also listen to how the engine returns to idling speed after you have high reved it.

c) bring the bike for a short ride to have a feel of the engine to see whether it is smooth or not. listen for any loose parts or funny sounds.

2. History of bike.

a) Look at the log card. Usually the fewer owners the better. Coz pple wont keep a problematic bike for long.

b) Try to find out if bike has been involved in any accidents minor / serious coz this will affect the reliablity of the bike's struture (frame)

c) take mileage travelled into consideration as well

3. Exterior condition of the bike

a) Everyone loves a pretty and shiny cruiser

b) It also tells how much the owner takes care of his bike. Usually clean bike means caring owner who sayang his bike.

c) Look out for rust around engine area and if owner had concealed scratches or dents with stickers.

4. Accessories

a) Accessories like crash bar, boxes, windshield, performance modds are not cheap and they do enhance the looks of the bike

b) Accessories are NOT cheap, thus, they add to the value of the bike as well

Finally, a 10 year old bike that has been sayang-ed by the owner will defiantely run better that a 3 year old bike that has been whacked by the owner.

Go for the bike of your dream, dont buy a cheaper bike and end up regretting your decision. Cheers.

thx buddy, the condition of the bike is in very good condition like the engine and chrome of the bike.

just tat some ppl told me the bike is over price while some say it is not.

so i wan to confirm my doubt b4 putting in a few thousand into it :cheeky:

any advice any1 thx alot.

Originally posted by air_super4@Oct 10 2006, 09:16 PM

thx buddy, the condition of the bike is in very good condition like the engine and chrome of the bike.

just tat some ppl told me the bike is over price while some say it is not.

so i wan to confirm my doubt b4 putting in a few thousand into it :cheeky:

any advice any1 thx alot.

I think an FQ Shadow is probably worth less than $3000 now. One way to check is to find out the rate from bike shops. If the guy is selling at or above the rate from bike shops, it is definitely too high.

These are the previous sales of Shadows:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....30040&hl=shadow

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....opic=114442&hl=