SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Which is a better choice?

rickyjb01

I am lookin to buy a new bike and would like some opinions and suggestions from fellow bikers. I am torn between the Suzuki DRZ400 and Honda Super Four. Hope to hear tips and suggestions from anyone who has any knowledge of these 2 bikes.

Everything relevant like petrol consumption, maintainance, price and efficiency.

Cheers! :help:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

petrol consumption: quite similar

maintainance: s4

price: s4

efficiency: s4

fun: drz

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Originally posted by rickyjb01@Dec 14 2006, 10:19 AM

oh ok..but den again y is it all bike shops i went to keep saying that DRZ is not a high maintainance bike..?

i never said drz is a high maintainance bike but in the long run, i'm sure the s4 will be more durable and lasting. but having said that, i'm still aiming to get a drz. :thumb:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Having rode the super 4 vtec for 3 years and the DRZ E model for a almost a year, I have a few things to share regarding these two bikes.

First of all, the maintenence for the DRZ would be lower than the super 4. It uses less engine oil than the Super 4. If I remember correctly, the DRZ only needs 1300ml of engine oil. And think about it, its a single cylinder engine, which means it uses 1 spark plug. Super 4 needs 4. DRZ has one big carb, super 4 has 4. How much difference will it be when you do the above servicing maintenence? You do the maths.

For daily usage, I should say the the s4 wins because of the ease of transporting stuff around on it. I can hook up a magnetic tank bag or strap it to the tail seat and off I go. Can't do that with the DRZ. For those who are... erm... vertically challenged, the DRZ would be a little difficult to get on and might prove a little tricky at the traffic lights. I am 1.74m tall and I have to tip toe at traffic lights. But since the bike is so light, there should not be much problem for the average Joe.

The super 4 has a much more comfortable cruising speed at 90kmh and above because the vibration is negligible. In fact, anything below 140kmh would be still comfortable for the super 4. The DRZ is not really meant for highway cruising because it was not meant to go at high rpms for extended periods of time. The vibration, although significant, did not pose a real danger to the bike's handling. It just makes my arms tingle after riding from Jurong to Bedok.

I'm not saying the DRZ can't hit such highway speeds. In fact, I have tried 140kmh before with my friends pacing me on their bikes. The single cylinder engine would just respond beautifully when you twist the throttle open. Hitting those illegal speeds is not hard at all, just slightly more uncomfortable compared to the Super 4.

But what do you expect? The DRZ is a race designed bike meant for off road racing, not for endless highway speed travelling.

For the fun factor, I would suggest you go for the DRZ. The super 4 is plain boring compared to it! I've popped a few wheelies(accidentally) blasting out of red lights and squeezed pass vehicles in sitations where a super 4 would be stuck. The high seating position gives you a much further view ahead compared to the super 4. And the narrow DRZ with the high handlebars make squeezing through traffic such a breeze. I have no fear of my handlebar hitting vehicle mirrors on the DRZ.

Thats all I have gotta say for now. Both bikes are great bikes in their own right, but you have to ask yourself which one is the one for you?

:thumb: