SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] Malaysia : Kuantan

ramen71

Hello all bike brothers,

Happy New year, I plan to make a riding trip to Taman Negara & tasik Kenyir

end of this month but not very sure which route to take.

can anyone give me some advice/tips on which convenience route to follow

(meaning safe & fast way )?e.g from yong peng,segamat or from mersing.(either way pls give detailed route path)

Any accomadation recommendad? which have secure bike parking.

thx

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for accomondation, there are few chalets/resorts there.

Our previous trip, we stay at Kenyir Lake View resort :

http://www.paradise.com.my/new/action.php?kenyirlake=1

The resort package is RM620 for twin sharing (per room) Triple sharing RM780 (per room).

Include 3D/2N Two-bed room, with TV, bath room etc.

Include 5 meals and 1 lake cruise.

You can call to make reservation, the parking is inside the resort compound.

Hope this helps.

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

If you want to get up to Kuantan faster, take the 2nd Yong Peng exit on the toll road, which puts you on the old Seremban Highway (State Route 1). Follow that to Segamat then turn off on Highway 12 in the direction of Kuantan. The turn is just after you go through town.

After about 180 km of high speed travel on a lightly trafficked road, you will hit the old Kuantan - KL highway (State Route 2). Turn right and you will end up in Kuantan. You can follow the routing on the map from the previous thread. The travel time to Kuantan will be less than three hours with this route, going at a good clip. I can do it in four in a car. It is a slightly longer distance, but much faster than going up the coast road from Mersing.

Bob R6

• 4 weeks later...

Mrlau,Bob_graf,

exremely nice scenery in lake kenyir and the ride was very fantastic with high speed trunk road,after kuantan there is another high speed trunk road call jerangau-jabor which will lead u all the way to Agil and kuala berang,it's save almost 1 hour journey compare to cukai/dungun road,furthermore lesser traffic and straight road on some section..

• 2 weeks later...

I guess its the new road that they built. I saw that when I was driving to Perhentian in June 06.

I went to Tasek Kenyir once in National Day 1998, leading a group of 12 riders. Haven't been there since.

Originally posted by ramen71@February 01, 2007 06:01 pm

exremely nice scenery in lake kenyir and the ride was very fantastic with high speed trunk road,after kuantan there is another high speed trunk road call jerangau-jabor which will lead u all the way to Agil and kuala berang,it's save almost 1 hour journey compare to cukai/dungun road,furthermore lesser traffic and straight road on some section..

Any photos to share ...? :cheeky:

Usually I ride on the coastal road, the Cherating stretch is quite nice. Cukai is famous with stuff crab, did you try ?

Btw, how is the highway construction ? Hope it can link up all the way to Kuala Berang, can cut at least 2 hours.

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late posting.. we miss out the jerangau-jabor high speed trunk road and heading towards coastal road which was very tiring with slow ride due to traffic conjuction ,further more along the way from dungun to kuala berang road construction is going on at the whole stretch of the road which was damn tiring again as travelling at slow speed,the journey took us approximately 8 hrs...but on the way back was fun with jerangau-jabor and kuantan high speed trunk road which took 6 hrs to reach jb..