SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Which maxi scooter to get?

Simonfwm

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bros. only concern is silverwing mostly are 05 to 08 year...in terms of price which is same or higher than max sum and joymax, the latter seems to be more worth it. How is the reliability and maintenance cost for silverwing compare to sym?

if you would wish to settle for a low budget yet powerful scooter with a variation of upgrades. settle for the vxr 200 runner... the upgrades available in the market has many options. just my 2 cents

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

but ultimately will depends what you are looking for in the bike.

I had my swt400 for 4 years, no major issues, not much stuff to "zeng"

but its a honda, parts are well made and good quality too

Any got lobang for used silverwing at dealer? Coz need loan and installment..looking at between 8000-8500k. Hope someone can advise. Seems most would opt for silverwing to Sym.

Get a new Silverwing la..

2007 - 2008 Honda Phatom 200

2008 - 2010 SYM GTS 200

2010 - ???? Honda Silverwing SW-T400

I don't mean to discriminate but coming from a rider who has ridden both..... Go for the Swing if you have the $$$. The maxsym is nice but in terms of smoothness, lifespan overall quality..... The Swing wins hands down.

Rode a swing for 2 years and rode a maxsym for 1 year and I gave the Maxsym a good amount of chances to prove to me its worth but it doesn't come close to the Swing. I gave the MaxSym THE BEST, serviced her very very well but she just can't match up to the Honda. So right now I'm in the process of procuring a Swing again LOL

Jun 06 - Aug 06: Honda Phantom TA200 FV13**Y

Aug 06 - Oct 07: Yamaha RXZ FR41**U

Oct 07 - Nov 09: Honda CB400 Spec 3 FBC10**B

Nov 09 - Mar 11: Suzuki GSR400 FBC73**C

Mar 11 - Apr 11: Piaggio X9 Evo FX 42**U

Mar 11 - Jan 14: Honda Silverwing 400 FBC 53**J

Dec 13 - May 14: Toyota Wish SJU 48**L

May 14 - Jul 15: Maxsym 400i FBJ 36**G

Aug 15 - Current: Honda Silverwing SW-T400 FBG 29**R

I bought a 2005 sw last month and renewed the COE. Rode quite a few bike before this and boy is this bike smooth and comfy.If you pillion your wife she will love it too.

So far so good. No issue for parts, maintainance is low and the local SW community are pretty active in SBF.

How about Suzuki burg an 400an?

how will you be using your bike ? etc touring, work, carrying heavy stuff

they are build for different purpose

Mid Size Touring bike from cheapest to expensive

SYM Maxsym 400

Kymco Downtown 350i

Kymco xciting 400i

Piaggio x10 350 ABS/ATC

Suzuki Burgman 400an

Honda Silverwing FJS 400

City Riding from cheapest to expensive

SYM GTS Joyxmax 300i

Aprilia SR Max 300i

Vespa GTS 300i ABS/ATC

Have narrow down to a 2011 sym joymax, and a 2004 silver wing...any suggestion?

try to get a 2012 SYM Joymax if you can, its a better and more refine machine compare to the old one

1. Bigger front wheel

2. Bigger front & rear disc brake

3. Bigger CC & more refine engine

4. Higher HP

5. Higher Top Speed

6. Better looking bike

Have narrow down to a 2011 sym joymax, and a 2004 silver wing...any suggestion?

Silverwing definitely better but more ex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

Thanks bro ghost and hondaoftroy, just cannot understand why a 2013 sym joymax is same price as a 2004 silverwing...2004 silverwing still selling at 8 to 9k wor...11 yrs old bike already..

Do some research first before u commit. Find out their maintenance cost n compare. In case u not aware, there is not local agent for SYM if u need official support. I heard my friend went to JB to service his bike, all these u must b prepared for it

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

Pros

1. Parallel Twin Engine (smoother engine at higher speed)

2. DOHC

3. PGM Fuel Injection

4. Higher Power - 37.5 hp @ 8000rpm (best power in the 300~400cc cat)

5 Higher Torque - 37.8Nm @ 6500rpm

Cons

1. Expensive

2. very heavy, dry weight already 250kg

3. higher maintenance cost (2 spark plugs, more engine oil, oil filter )

The honda silverwing will give you more pull and smoother and comfortable ride in long distance travel.

the honda engine is build to last should be no problem lasting 10 to 20 years with proper maintenance

but expect more wear and tear along the way for and older bike esp for those over 100k mileage.

The Sym Joymax 300i is a relatively new bike (redesign from the frame up) has to go thru the time test to prove its worth

but on the specs / features to cost wise it's one of the lowest running cost bike

It will do everything the silverwing can or even better

Pros

1. better power to engine capacity ratio - 29.5 hp @ 8000rpm (for a only 278cc engine)

2. good torque for 2 person riding below 100km/h can go up to 150km/h but engine tends to stress and vibrate alot at above 130km/h

3. very good FC - 32km/L compare to silverwing 25km/l (although very good for a 400cc)

4. one of the cheapest cost of ownership in the mid size scooter cat

5. very agile for a mid size scooter, no problem squeezing in between traffic.

6. cheaper insurance & road tax

Cons

1. no oil filter

2. dun think engine can last more than 10 years without some minor overhual (but no problem if you're getting a 2 to 3 years bike)

Edited by hondaoftroy

Do some research first before u commit. Find out their maintenance cost n compare. In case u not aware, there is not local agent for SYM if u need official support. I heard my friend went to JB to service his bike, all these u must b prepared for it

Mah @ Serangoon is the local Distro for SYM and there is another PI agent for SYM parts at serangoon road there can't rem the name

common parts no problem but if you wanna service your bike at Mah have to book in advance they always very busy.

I usually buy my parts from them and send to bike shop to do or call up the bike shop to prepare the parts before I head over to do the maintenance.

and one good thing about sym is you can go JB and do your bike there as they have the same model there also should be around 20 to 30% cheaper

Go take a look at Piaggio X10. It will make the rest look antique ;)

Btw, no issue with city use or squeezing thru traffic. No problem keeping up with the kup kias during traffic jams.

The new downtown 350 is nice too, with lots of new tech.

Silverwing is good. But the look of the dash is so previous century. There wasn't any major update for a long time.