SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

New, stricter emission standards for motrocycles

Keynes

I chanced upon these 2 old articles.

The first talks about EURO IV compliant for new motorcycles registered from 1 Jan 2018 onwards. I heard that all air-cooled engines cannot meet Euro IV standard (which is a relatively big step from Euro III). Means no air-cool engine for Singapre from next year onwards??

SINGAPORE: Emission standards for new motorcycles will be tightened to meet the latest Euro 4 standards, announced Environment and Water Resources Minister Masagos Zulkifli on Tuesday (Apr 12), at his ministry’s Committee of Supply of Debate in parliament.

“Motorcycles are significant contributors to carbon monoxide and ozone. We need to raise their emission standards in step with improvements in technology,” the minister said.

The new standards will be introduced in phases. They will apply to large motorcycles above 200cc from January 2018 and for those of 200cc and below from January 2020.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/emission-standards-for-new-motorcycles-will-be-tightened-mewr-8097768

The second talks about tightening of the emission standard for motorcycles registered after 1 Apr 2014, means existing motrorcycles to meet certain emission standard, although it did not state what standard (Euro I, II or III). My scooter met Euro III WHEN NEW but now don't know. I am not if it can pass the annual inspection now.

Currently, the exhaust emission standards for petrol vehicles and motorcycles only specify limits for carbon monoxide emissions. From April 1, 2018, carbon monoxide limits will be lowered for newer petrol vehicles (registered from Jan 1, 2001, and from April 1, 2014) and motorcycles (registered from Oct 1, 2014).

New hydrocarbon limits will be introduced for all petrol vehicles and most motorcycles.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tighter-emission-standards-petrol-vehicles-april-2018

Any bros or sis got any further info on this?

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
every thing is stock just fail emission how?

As long as it's in original condition or even with a legal exhaust with cert, then u won't have problem with emissions issue. The Euro 4 requirements are for those bike registering from 1st Jan 2018.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre