SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

African Twin Lovers,here the specs

chrisonance

thanks for the info, btw, what's the fuel consumption for your africa twin?

i've test rode both the varadero and the africa twin... both seems around the same in handling wise... but vara is more powerful... but heard that the fuel consumption is very high....

really cant decide on which one to take.... cos both around the same price rite?

btw, i saw a FV Africa Twin, selling at 13.8k, is it worth? mileage around 36,000km

really cant decide... cos if buy varadero, will grumble of the fuel consumption... if buy AT, will grumble of the power... btw, talking about the power... any idea what's the 0-100km for both varadero and the africa twin? can't seem to find it in the specs in the net....

any riders got any advices on what should i get?

i'm currently searching for info on fazer 600 and 1000 as recommended by will-liu.,... any one got any informative websites to share?

thanks!

Hi.

I am an AT rider for 6 months. Bought it brand new at $17.5K OTR, could be cheaper now.

Most of the AT in town are fill with accessories. So the price will varies.

FR or FS plate year 1999 or 2000 with accessories will cost around $10K

+/- $1K

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2d6cd8142136cb95aba44ed5e42a3095/fac40e15.jpg.thumb.jpg

Kangoo Lovers, Do visit KangooClub.co.nr after surfing this forum. :)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... true... when i test ride both the AT and the vara, although both only need to slightly tip toe... but like you said... forward or reverse the bike very difficult.... but come to think of it... last time when i ride a xr200, when seating on the bike... also very difficult to go forward or reverse... :)

maybe AT/ Vara riders can advice? do all of you have long legs? how do you move the bike?

thanks!

tried an AT last week, need to tip toe when i sitting on it...

very difficult to do forward or reverse....

its seat too high for me... think i cannot ride an AT liao... :weep: dont like the insecure feeling ( tip toe when at rest )... emergency time sure cannot support the bike... :pity:

sianz....

anyone know what is the seat height for translap 650... can find it in singapore? saw a dominator before, is it good? looks smaller & lower than AT....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2d6cd8142136cb95aba44ed5e42a3095/fac40e15.jpg.thumb.jpg

oh ya, and one more thing....

some pple on the net says that the AT is under power... almost same as a super four... but when i test rode the AT, i think its more powerful...

AT riders, can advice? is the AT not as powerful as i think it is? err.... for eg... can the pickup of the AT beat a super four easily? cos i'm currently riding a super four.... and dun wanna end up with only a slight increase in the power...

thanks alot! :)

• 2 weeks later...
>>AT lovers

AT_Asia had relocated to it's new home http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AT_Asia/

Safe Riding!! :pity:

Oei oei you register the at_asia name at yahoo first, I wanted to register one hehe..you confirm it's new home or not? Temp home lah..hard to see the messages leh, this yahoo group. Anyway, I think this Christmas Thursday no meeting right? Most of the people are away, then it's Christmas also..

:cheer: :cheer:

Guest Dee Kay

hmm... i dun tink ur piston rings worn out since there is no reduction in ur eng. oil n i assumed tat there is no white smoke comin out of ur exhuast rite? go n check ur timing... might be out n tat will cause a reduction in power bcos e firing sequence is out.. 180km/h is e top 4 all ATs includin mine except tose modded. :smile:

Hi sir,

Just a thought : being a V twin at 180km/h will the whole bike experience quite a bit of vibrations? What's a nice comfy cruising speed on the N/S expressway?

And any probs for you when "squeezing" through taffic jams?

Guest Dee Kay
bro... everybody some how or rather wants an image including you and me or else why do we trim our hair... shave etc... i got myself an AT cause of several reason.. its comfortable especially touring.. economical as singapore roads is not for speed. fuel consumption is low including maintenance. anyway its an endurance bike lah... i'm looking forward to a trip to kl or maybe thailand...

Hi sir,

maybe you can elaborate a little on the economical riding costs based on what you spent (or a normal AT) in a year or regular riding. (Approx 24000km per annum.)

Thanks in advance for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my class 2 licence. The itch is really great to upgrade from my humble Phantom 200.

Was reading up on this model, the famous African Twin XRV750Y. Unfortunately it almost appears that this model is going out of production. Not many official Honda website has information about it.

Was curious about its specifications.

Question 1

If it is a V-twin based engine, does it require as many spark plugs like Honda's Deauville 650 (4 spark plugs or 2 for each cylinder).

Question 2

Is the fuel “delivery system” EFI (Electronic/Engine Fuel Injector) or carburetted (the old version). Apologies if I seem confused with the terms.

Question 3

I understand that the seat is a little small. Thus a pillion would need to squeeze if a box is installed. Any solutions?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

- Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."

- Rebecca St. James

• 1 year later...

hi all would like to knw hw many AT rider had their tank change to 43 or 53 ltr tank? hw much does it cost to change one?

The only easy day is the day before yesterday....

1998-1998 Aprilla Replica 125

1998-1998 Yamaha RXZ

1998-2000 Aprilla Extrema 125

2000-2001 Honda CBR400RL

2001-2002 Honda Raider

2001-2002 Honda XR250

2002-2006 Honda CB400 SpecII

2006-???? BMW 1150 GS

Originally posted by Galainx@Aug 5 2005, 06:41 PM

hi all would like to knw hw many AT rider had their tank change to 43 or 53 ltr tank? hw much does it cost to change one?

So you've decided to get yourself an AT over a Vara huh bro?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/rahmatese/3dflags_fra0001-0001a.gif

Originally posted by chrislayer@Aug 5 2005, 08:06 PM

So you've decided to get yourself an AT over a Vara huh bro?

still nt sure getting one or nt... :confused: but will save $$ first... just in case..hehehe.. u? got one liao?

The only easy day is the day before yesterday....

1998-1998 Aprilla Replica 125

1998-1998 Yamaha RXZ

1998-2000 Aprilla Extrema 125

2000-2001 Honda CBR400RL

2001-2002 Honda Raider

2001-2002 Honda XR250

2002-2006 Honda CB400 SpecII

2006-???? BMW 1150 GS

more or less decided on Africa Twin...been viewing a few private sellers already..but most of them are selling the black AT..I prefer the red/white/blue one...heheheh

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/rahmatese/3dflags_fra0001-0001a.gif

Originally posted by chrislayer@Aug 6 2005, 03:22 PM

more or less decided on Africa Twin...been viewing a few private sellers already..but most of them are selling the black AT..I prefer the red/white/blue one...heheheh

Black also not bad....easy to maintain bcos not need to wash up so often.:cheeky:

Varadero Adventure Rider Asia

Look for Josevin...he is selling is bike ...cheap cheap..

FS black AT 4 sale.Comes wif tank bra,hepco & becker mainstand,givi e36 side panniers,tall wind shield.Just serviced,new clutch plate,new fuel pump.going at $8500.

Varadero Adventure Rider Asia

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ATwin@Aug 6 2005, 11:16 PM

Look for Josevin...he is selling is bike ...cheap cheap..

FS black AT 4 sale.Comes wif tank bra,hepco & becker mainstand,givi e36 side panniers,tall wind shield.Just serviced,new clutch plate,new fuel pump.going at $8500.

that one sold already lah.....too bad I only knew about it on Sat.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/WingZer0/Interceptor/TailLight-1.jpg

Originally posted by ATwin@Aug 15 2005, 09:51 PM

Yes...the bike is still selling like hot cake.......maybe u still got chance to got another one..

Still one of my fav!!!

Wonderful masterpiece... :lovestruck:

:thumb:

:shy: cHrIsOnAnCe :makeup:

:box: OnE tHaT s|tS oN PoRcH sW|Ng :cheeky:

:lovestruck: aPaRt By E mOOn N sTaRs :lovestruck:

:smooch: LoOk|nG @ skY tH|NkInG :dozed: oF CB1000/Fz1000 !!!:smooch: