SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KYMCO Xciting 300/400/500

surfingballoons24

Anyone installed the SHAD SH45 n faced problem with water seeping into the box during raining? This happened to me more than 4 times already, not sure where the water went in from

N also experienced twice that my hazard light actually came on by itself. First time it happened 2 weeks ago n just now it happened again

http://youtu.be/DgCoSp8s0HA

Rainy season most likely your switch short liao... Usually I would open up the switch to clean it or spray some silicon based cleaner.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah still got it ;)

Conditions: New and Sealed/Unopened in original plastic bag the way I received it from Taiwan

Price: € 25

Shipping cost:

Holland > Greece

With Track & Trace € 19,30

Without Track & Trace € 12

I think inside euro-zone it's not really important to send with Track&Trace but that's up to you.

Will send on same day money arrives.

Other info can do by p.m.

Kind regards Jan

Dr.Pulley / Spy / Cardo / Garmin-Zumo / Agility City 16" / Xciting 400i ABS

'Kymco Tourclub Holland'

Rainy season most likely your switch short liao... Usually I would open up the switch to clean it or spray some silicon based cleaner.

So u got this problem too?

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

@ ghost

after clean-up the hazard-switch, try (from outside) to fill the side's of the switch with some vaseline.

Cheers Jan

b.t.w. never heard before.

'Kymco Tourclub Holland'

@ ghost

after clean-up the hazard-switch, try (from outside) to fill the side's of the switch with some vaseline.

Cheers Jan

b.t.w. never heard before.

Why the vaseline?

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

proofed methode

vaseline is waterproof and avoid that water/moisture can go inside...it's like sealing the opening around the yellow switch.

Just put some vaseline on your fingertip and push it inside between the yellow switch and the black plastic (especially on top) where you can see the printed text "Hazard"

I promise you that your problem never come back ;)

I also think that maybe you don't have to open your switch, just use some compressed air to get all the moisture out of the unit.

Wish you all the luck you need

'Kymco Tourclub Holland'

proofed methode

vaseline is waterproof and avoid that water/moisture can go inside...it's like sealing the opening around the yellow switch.

Just put some vaseline on your fingertip and push it inside between the yellow switch and the black plastic (especially on top) where you can see the printed text "Hazard"

I promise you that your problem never come back ;)

I also think that you don't have to open your switch, just use some compressed air to get all the moisture out of the unit.

Wish you all the luck you need

Thanks for the suggestion but this method will required me to reapply every now n then cos the vaseline will wear out. Rite?

You have to push some vaseline inside, and whipe off the rest.

can repeat about once a year...mainly that's enough, because water can't dissolve vaseline easily

'Kymco Tourclub Holland'

You can also use a water repellent spray, that we use it on a helmet screen, i have use it in a similar problem on the back break switch and i saw good results

I never used water repellent spray on my helmet screen... :D

Ride bike for so many years, never knew there is such a thing. Where can I get it?

I never used water repellent spray on my helmet screen... :D

Ride bike for so many years, never knew there is such a thing. Where can I get it?

I think the shop you bought your helmet they have it for sure, I always use it in winter and helmet's screen is always clear even in hard rain

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 from the future

Hi everybody, can i just check will the seat auto eject upwards after you open ? or you need to manually lift up the seat? i'm new kymco rider and i have this problem.

My bike is still under warranty. Do they cover this problem? suspected the hydraulic or the latch something wrong?

Thanks !

Hi everybody, can i just check will the seat auto eject upwards after you open ? or you need to manually lift up the seat? i'm new kymco rider and i have this problem.

My bike is still under warranty. Do they cover this problem? suspected the hydraulic or the latch something wrong?

Thanks !

Mine will not auto eject, is dangerous to auto eject rite?

It is suppose to raise up slowly. But mine too does not. Some mention before like spray wd40 at the 2 hydraulic. But I can't be bother.

Oh, really. Time to oil my bike

Anyone installed the SHAD SH45 n faced problem with water seeping into the box during raining? This happened to me more than 4 times already, not sure where the water went in from

N also experienced twice that my hazard light actually came on by itself. First time it happened 2 weeks ago n just now it happened again

http://youtu.be/DgCoSp8s0HA

It is an inherent design fault. I kena the same. You go shad web site. They did not mention 45 is waterproof. Only 48. I sold mine and got a 48. 48 is mention as waterproof in the web site. So far so good.

One more thing with 45. The handle will be dangling unless you lock it. So during ride you dunno when the top is going to fly open.

Edited by corrado

It is an inherent design fault. I kena the same. You go shad web site. They did not mention 45 is waterproof. Only 48. I sold mine and got a 48. 48 is mention as waterproof in the web site. So far so good.

OMG, how can like that de. If not water proof, who wants? But 48 is using different base, who would want to buy the base?

Hi all,

I've been riding an XCiting 400i ABS for 2 months now (650 Kms on it). Here it is in "winter mode": :)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/440293IMG78181024.jpg

I wished to suscribe here because of the amount of info available on this scooter !! Great thread !! One thing I have not seen though is the torque values one need to apply for the various screws/nuts around the scooter. Where can I find those ?

@jan,

since looking at this thread, I've been thinking that you adapted an Ermax windscreen for XCiting 500Ri onto your XCiting 400...I now realize that you modified the Ermax windscreen for XCiting 400 to adapt the stock plastic "frames". I like it ! It kind of keeps the original look....could you share more details about how you did that (to get the centering right) ?

I too have the Ermax windscreen in the same colour as yours (light black). Actually, you referred to the smoked colour in an earlier post but I believe you meant light black. I'm 1.82m and the light black is just fine (I hesitated a long time to go for the dark black one but was convinced not to).

With the Ermax windscreen, did you not find that you have to carefully place the mirrors ? they hit the windscreen when trying to manoeuver the scooter in my case so I had to pull them towards me (=> visibility is not great).

I have not modified the scooter now but planning to do so after the running-in: I already have an NGK Irridium spark plug and am planning to go for the Dr Pulley 16gr + Malossi springs....maybe a DNA filter too (any feedback on this ?)

Guillaume

Edited by guillaume31

Welcome Guillaume and congrats on your new Xc

One thing I have not seen though is the torque values one need to apply for the various screws/nuts around the scooter. Where can I find those ?

You can find the complete service manual including torque values onto this topic (somewhere between page 20 and 40)

Infact the url is from my "Google drive" ;)

since looking at this thread, I've been thinking that you adapted an Ermax windscreen for XCiting 500Ri onto your XCiting 400...I now realize that you modified the Ermax windscreen for XCiting 400 to adapt the stock plastic "frames". I like it ! It kind of keeps the original look....could you share more details about how you did that (to get the centering right) ?

Indeed thats Ermax screen is original for Xciting 400.

I would advise you to read all 67 pages carefully and you will find many answer's.

Sorry I don't have extra info on how to drill the hole's, only advise I would suggest is to use the holes from OEM screen as reference.

did you not find that you have to carefully place the mirrors ?

I only move them 1 cm. backwards, my vision is still good (I am also 182cm.)

Right now I have done 12.000km without any problem's...did also a super large trip from 2500km: Amsterdam > Helsinki and 2500km back home without any issues.

Happy weekend all:cheer:

Edited by J@n

'Kymco Tourclub Holland'

Hi

Can post some picture on your Ram Mount? Don't know which base is most suitable. Reservoir one?

I have shifted the mirror to front. Now I can utilise it for Ram Mount.

Please advice. Thanks.

Go to Fb look for this guy call bike James.... Believe he has the best mount available...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk