SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MY riding experience in SSDC

Birks

Hi,

I'm posting this to share my experience to all those newbies who intend to take their class 2b lesson at SSDC

Because as a newbie myself and without friends to go with me, it can be quite scary. looking like a lost child lol.

and this will also serve as a form of diary for me next time haha

i work in a camp and the nearest driving center was at ssdc hence the choice even though i stay at little India. i stay-in on the days i need to have lessons

Hearing my friends talk about the Pract lesson got my blood boiling again to try riding again

( i enrolled at BBDC before i enlist at 2011 dec,i passed my RTT just before the rules for mandatory BTT for bikers.so i was like the unlucky batch and because i have minor Colour blind i was really afraid to take the PDL eye sight test - at that time i was staying at cck)

SO on this crazy day after work Jul 11 i went to SSDC AMK branch and registered for 2b.

i paid in total $102.30 which includes enrollment fee +defensive theory 5-7+2b theory lesson +i booked my BTT on 5 Sept .

close to 2 months, yeap thats how long it took.

You will be issued a log book, basically a report book which states which lesson you have taken. When u first go to SSDC proceed straight to lvl 3 to get your insurance slip before going for any lessons.

Keep this book safe, and when you're depressed u failed a lesson look back at your records- that serves as a form of motivation for me lol( more to that when i'm in pract lessons)

25 Aug the first day i took my theory lesson

Lesson 1 and 2 at 6.10pm and 8.20 pm respectively.

Shitty thing that happen. i was late by 20 mins! Couldn't enter the first lesson or more like my balls ran away, i don't dare to try entering the room.But when i took my second lesson did i realize most instructor gave a 20-30 min allowance. - so wasted.

So i went to the canteen located at first floor to have my dinner, ( don't expect any fancy food, drink store seems expensive to me anyway)

Waited and waited through till 8.20! my official first lesson Theory lesson 2.Located at lvl 4. Keep turning right from the lift u will enter a hall way and see a white board. the board will state which lesson is at which class room. Coolest part there? there is a outdoor smoking corner.

Going through the lesson i realized its more towards common sense. My logic was to at least show some respect to the instructor , that's why u struggle to stay awake.(I've already learnt this before in BBDC)

Lesson ended at 10pm-

After the lesson i went to check with the counter ladies, since i already booked my BTT why do i have to attend the lesson.Counter lady told me, yupp you're not required to attend all the lessons to take BTT( BIG MISTAKE,technically what she said wasn't wrong, BUT you need to attend all 4 theory lesson BEFORE u can even attempt RTT trial practice and trail test BEFORE you can book your RTT)

End of my first experience in SSDC

i'll post more when im free

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at it from the car license sence...

BTT = Basic Theory

RTT = Advance Theory :) (waiting time is about 6-8 weeks also....)

And i think if you pass your BTT you can take your circuit practical lesson (1-4). you only need your PDL when you take your practical lesson 5 onward which takes you out to the public roads.

You can also buy a set of the arm and knee guards from the counter if you don't want to share the common used ones.

Have fun :)

• 1 year later...