SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Query: How do you differentiate between GSR400 and a GSR600 just by having a look?

Hey Guys,

I am from India and have joined this forum today only.

I am really new to the big biking scene here and had a query?

So here is it is:

How can I differentiate a Suzuki GSR whether it is a 400CC model or the 600CC model just by having a look at it or by examining it?

I came across a person here in my area who is selling Suzuki GSR in a very cheap price and he says it is the GSR600 but I came to know that there is a 400CC version also available for a bit cheaper price than the 600 one.

I am interested to buy the bike. Now I am really a rookie and really have no idea of bikes, hence could anyone please clarify my query?

The obvious solution will be to see the invoice details of the bike but you see it is a possibility that those papers are fake ones and only thing remaining that can be done to assure is to examine the bike personally.

So could anybody give me pointers to that???

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heyos.

Welcome to Singapore.

Well, easiest way to check is the left-side engine cover (the coil cover, so to speak).

600cc is pure naked. Only the metal cover.

400cc has a plastic 'safety' cover on top of the metal cover.

You can join us at the GSR 400/600 thread in this section. Pages 281-282 has a collection of all information several owners have gathered for both 400 & 600.

Heyos.

Welcome to Singapore.

Well, easiest way to check is the left-side engine cover (the coil cover, so to speak).

600cc is pure naked. Only the metal cover.

400cc has a plastic 'safety' cover on top of the metal cover.

You can join us at the GSR 400/600 thread in this section. Pages 281-282 has a collection of all information several owners have gathered for both 400 & 600.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I started going through the pages.

Meanwhile could you please let me more about the difference that you pointed out? Pardon me for my ignorance but I am not very good at pointing out the parts at a glance. Any screenshot might also help out.

Edit: I got the details I am looking for.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3440299&postcount=14065

Thanks a lot for the help. I will be using this thread a progress on my deal for GSR.

Latest Update: Yippie, I have picked up the GSR600 2007 :) It is black matte and silver combination color scheme.

Though I haven't ridden it much yet but I am already enjoying whatever bit of riding I did. The refinement of the engine is simply amazing.

Great!

Welcome to the club.

Post over at the GSR thread and you can join in our outings to learn more abotu us and the bike.

Where are you staying?

I am from India, Pal. Can't join you guys for the ride but yeah online I will be with you guys :D

• 1 year later...