SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Urgent mechanic needed !!!!!!!!!

Hi guys i would really need your help if your got any friends that is a mechanic which is not from shop , because I just got into a accident and i need to do abit of paint on the sides and my fuel keep leaking . please do me a favor ! I need someone to check it out for me ! thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why a mechanic who's not from a shop?

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

means he is on a tight budget i guess......its ok to be on a tight budget...we all are....but i believe a mechanic cant do much with paint scratched from the sides of your tank....perhaps u just need to diy by findin similar coloured paint,sand paper the area lightly n spray it on....

as for the fuel leaking....leaking from where?..the fuel cock?....bottom of carburator.....or from the area of tank when the tank slide against the road?....or just a loose fuel hose?

if tank is leaking from the sides from the sliding against the road....I would suggest u diy ...get apoxy adhesive from any shop....the one wic you put two pieces together n mix it up for metal.....drain ur tank.....u can use those $1plastic aquarium pumps into a big bottle until empty....den put the mixed epoxy on the affected area and reli cover it .....use a bit of water to smooth it to the sides of ur tank w a comb so smooth out any holes...den leave it to cure for 48 hrs....den pour back ur petrol....n see if it still leaks....if yes redo again over ur earlier epoxy sides....must wait for it to cure if not the petrol wld eat tru ur epoxy sides....

hope ur enjoy ur diy journey...cheers...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Sorry - I didn't think of that. But if you're on a tight budget, forget about the scratch for now. Focus on the fuel leak - that's a fire and health hazard! If you can find the source of the leak, get 2-part epoxy, available at most hardware shops (and even my favourite Good Price Centre) and patch it back first. If possible, get the automotive kind. Available at Home-Fix or similar DIY shops.

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Hi guys i would really need your help if your got any friends that is a mechanic which is not from shop , because I just got into a accident and i need to do abit of paint on the sides and my fuel keep leaking . please do me a favor ! I need someone to check it out for me ! thanks!

You should go to a garage proper man.

It may not be cheaper to get a freelancer

• 7 months later...