SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

hi, my sp150 have serious leaking of petrol when on side stand. Within a day, half a tank of petrol is leaked away. Any idea of this problem? I have went to bike shop, they serviced the carburetor, and also ask me to switch the fuel valve to Off mode when is stationery. I have tried it yesterday and going to monitor further. But i have concern will there be more problem if i constantly need to adjust my fuel valve?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the leak from? check the below

1) check tank, fuel pipe, joint any problem? such as crack, deteriorate ( unlike, but just check)

2) leak if from carburetor, mostly the float is not functioning.. service the carb should help, but float spoiled the problem is not gone.

3) Also the needle that stop the flow need to check in good shape.. again carburetor related, mechanic should know.

I believe your problem is solved.

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

Where the leak from? check the below

1) check tank, fuel pipe, joint any problem? such as crack, deteriorate ( unlike, but just check)

2) leak if from carburetor, mostly the float is not functioning.. service the carb should help, but float spoiled the problem is not gone.

3) Also the needle that stop the flow need to check in good shape.. again carburetor related, mechanic should know.

I believe your problem is solved.

Hi, Thanks for the advise. after switching the fuel valve off, the petrol leakage have stopped. but i still can't figure out the root cause, shall go to another bike shop to try servicing it.

Change fuel valve. Not expensive.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I went to another motorshop, the uncle suggested me to change the carburetor, which i did. No more petrol leakage though fuel valve is on. But my bike is having tough time kick starting after the change. Even need to attempt choke start. The RPM tend to drop to 1 and die off.

The fuel leak after the petrol cock means your carb leak or any tubing after the petrol cock.

Why need to change ENTIRE carb?

You either replaced the carb gasket or the over flow valve in the carb ,to address the leak from the carb.

No wonder the moto tiams are doing a 'carrot chopping' business.

Your bike has more than carb problems. You have a air leak somewhere , which causes your 2T engine to stall and rpm to be erratic.

The fuel leak after the petrol cock means your carb leak or any tubing after the petrol cock.

Why need to change ENTIRE carb?

You either replaced the carb gasket or the over flow valve in the carb ,to address the leak from the carb.

No wonder the moto tiams are doing a 'carrot chopping' business.

Your bike has more than carb problems. You have a air leak somewhere , which causes your 2T engine to stall and rpm to be erratic.

Hello, i have tried following: on the fuel valve overnight, and there's no leakage of fuel. think i will go back and request the uncle to help me do some tuning for the carb

• 2 months later...

Hi All, help needed. Im unable to kickstart my bike. Condition: managed to kickstart the engine once, but engine will die off less than a min though on choke. And unable to kickstart thereafter. Aside, the neutral light is dimmed or black out when i attempt to on the headlight. Is it battery flat or overflow carb?

Hi All, help needed. Im unable to kickstart my bike. Condition: managed to kickstart the engine once, but engine will die off less than a min though on choke. And unable to kickstart thereafter. Aside, the neutral light is dimmed or black out when i attempt to on the headlight. Is it battery flat or overflow carb?

like battery flat caused by magnet coil or rectifier.

prepare call tow truck or get a battery ride bike shop ASAP.