Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Track Day in Singapore - 24 Sep 2006 (Sun)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pgmivnsr@Aug 29 2006, 07:37 AM

Hi, Thks to all my cub brudders for the interest,

 

Latest Info:

 

Participants eligible for this track day are for those riders who holds the SMSA license.

 

Safety requirements are the same as per race day: Suit, Boots, Gloves, Full face helmet. No worn tyres, brakes working.....

 

Modifications for bikes is same as per race day.

 

Location will be revealed soon as the arrangements are already on the way.

 

I apologise to those who have put names but cannot participate.

 

Really thks for the interest.

even race day in kallang is ok wif amoured jacket n pants.. but boots is a must to use racing boots.. #43 rides x-1 from eck thye hv been using armoued jacket for 2 races...

 

hope peter can bring down the requirement..

 

 

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Link to post
Share on other sites

haiz... than me cannot go liao no track suit than in my whole life will never have a chance to try liao :cry: :cry: hope peter will bring down the requirement :weep:

There is someone out there for me

I know there is someone out there

I know she is waiting so patiently yeah

Can you tell me her name?

(Somebody tell me her name)

This life-long search is gonna drive me insane

How does she laugh?

How does she cry?

What's the color of her eyes?

Does she even realize I'm here?

Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?

Where is this beautiful girl?Who is she? Who is she?

Who is gonna complete my world?

(J. Roman & Soluna 'Where are you')

Link to post
Share on other sites

like tat... we go ourself lor... ( those who dun have the rest...)

no choice... see u guys and take care...

EVERTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END.

IF ITS NOT ALRIGHT, ITS NOT THE END.

 

WHEN GUYS TALK TO GIRLS ITS CALLED FLIRTING...

WHEN GIRLS TALK TO GUYS ITS CALLED FRIENDS...

 

Year 2008 - 13/07/20010.... (Suzuki 750)

16/07/2010 - Present .... (Suzuki 1300)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

actually if got someone who really wish to go down mayb can save up abit den get a budget suit with the minimum protections i jus found a budget suit for less dan $400 think pretty a good buy

 

but i think the restrictions are abit over lei... hope they will lower the limitations abit so as to promote the sports and increaase the personnel participating... and the respond will be good as well ah

 

just my 2cents hope they can take into considerations lo...

http://www.mototriti.gr/jpg/mtr/390/NEWS/1809093.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

where did u find this 400$ budget suit.. at where? full suit or wat?

 

n yea la.. y need racing license when u are here trying to promotoe motorsport? promote to who? ppl who already noe the sport n tried?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4760/presentation1re8.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgmivnsr@Aug 29 2006, 07:37 AM

Hi, Thks to all my cub brudders for the interest,

 

Latest Info:

 

Participants eligible for this track day are for those riders who holds the SMSA license.

 

Safety requirements are the same as per race day: Suit, Boots, Gloves, Full face helmet. No worn tyres, brakes working.....

 

Modifications for bikes is same as per race day.

 

Location will be revealed soon as the arrangements are already on the way.

 

I apologise to those who have put names but cannot participate.

 

Really thks for the interest.

Whar is a SMSA License?

What's your definition for worn tyres?

Durian gloves can anot? haahaaa

 

 

 

 

 

kidding/....

#ChalkBoardSG

-Don't let dreams juz be a dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Benguin46@Aug 29 2006, 03:19 PM

n yea la.. y need racing license when u are here trying to promotoe motorsport? promote to who? ppl who already noe the sport n tried?

I agree... why do you need racing license to participate on track day?

it should be open to public...

#ChalkBoardSG

-Don't let dreams juz be a dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgmivnsr@Sep 5 2006, 01:47 PM

Hi, To all interested participants:

 

I know that you guys are enthusiastic bout this track day. Pls rest assured that once everything is finalised, I'll post them up here.

 

Thks for the patience.

thanks a zillion.. inform us as soon as possible...

i'm sure many are VERY interested.

#ChalkBoardSG

-Don't let dreams juz be a dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Interested Participants:

 

Details are out. Track day is confirmed. Below are the details:

 

Date of Track Day: 24th Sep 2006 (Sun)

 

Fees: $80 SGD

 

Eligible Participants: SMSA Race License holders only.

 

Registration Date / Place: 11 Sep - 22 Sep at 1072, Serangoon Road. Singapore 328178. Operating hours: Monday ~ Saturday 0900 ~1700hrs. Pay to Mr. Peter Tan / Ms Tan Siaw Yan

 

More details like location ... etc will be revealed during registration.

 

 

Thks a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgmivnsr@Sep 6 2006, 06:47 PM

Hi, Interested Participants:

 

Details are out. Track day is confirmed. Below are the details:

 

Date of Track Day: 24th Sep 2006 (Sun)

 

Fees: $80 SGD

 

Eligible Participants: SMSA Race License holders only.

 

Registration Date / Place: 11 Sep - 22 Sep at 1072, Serangoon Road. Singapore 328178. Operating hours: Monday ~ Saturday 0900 ~1700hrs. Pay to Mr. Peter Tan / Ms Tan Siaw Yan

 

More details like location ... etc will be revealed during registration.

 

 

Thks a lot.

sorry to say this but i think the price is way too steep..

race in kallang cost 100 bucks track day shld be 50 from my point of view..

 

and for participants why must they hold a racing licence...its a track day not race day...

 

it would be a waste of money just to pay 180 for first timer.. den at the end of the year have to renew the licence unless smsa can come up with something..for

 

e.g register on the 15 sept 2006 membership ends 14sept 2006..duration on a year instead of renewin it at the end of the year..its would be a waste of money for us rider...

 

 

just askin for the benefit of others...

 

 

no pun intended..

 

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by skazuz@Sep 7 2006, 01:24 AM

sorry to say this but i think the price is way too steep..

race in kallang cost 100 bucks track day shld be 50 from my point of view..

 

and for participants why must they hold a racing licence...its a track day not race day...

 

it would be a waste of money just to pay 180 for first timer.. den at the end of the year have to renew the licence unless smsa can come up with something..for

 

e.g register on the 15 sept 2006 membership ends 14sept 2006..duration on a year instead of renewin it at the end of the year..its would be a waste of money for us rider...

 

 

just askin for the benefit of others...

 

 

no pun intended..

 

cheers

skazuz

Hi, Skazuz, thks for the concerns. I shall try to answer your enquires to the best of my abilities.

 

The reason to make this only for SMSA members is because we wanna make more activities only exclusive to SMSA members and license holders.

 

We know that in the past, SMSA bike members don't have much activities organised for them, thus end up paying for membership and only riding in races which are not many in each year. This are some of the concerns raised by members thus we are here to make it happen, if not super good, but at least we try and open up the road for the future.

 

Why only for SMSA members only? We have lots of members holding SMSA racing licence racing regularly. Of course we wanna give the other riders who are not members a chance to ride hard yet safely, but definately we have to give priority to our members first to be fair.

 

I do know that to ride in places like PG or Sepang do not require a rider to have a racing license, but to conduct a track day in SG is not a everyday thing and we have lots of levels to go thru and approve first before a track day can be held. Definately, we'd wanna give priority to our SMSA members first in order to be fair to them. We have members who have been racing for many years or maybe just started, so for the benefit of all our members, priority would be given to them first.

 

We really wanna promote motorsports in a correct way to others or to the public. But due to the limitation of participation this round, we decide to give it to our members first. We'd not hesitate to conduct another round of track day in the future to our members and non members if the response this time is good and everything goes on smoothly.

 

Really thks a lot for the patience to read my reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgmivnsr@Sep 7 2006, 07:58 AM

Hi, Skazuz, thks for the concerns. I shall try to answer your enquires to the best of my abilities.

 

The reason to make this only for SMSA members is because we wanna make more activities only exclusive to SMSA members and license holders.

 

We know that in the past, SMSA bike members don't have much activities organised for them, thus end up paying for membership and only riding in races which are not many in each year. This are some of the concerns raised by members thus we are here to make it happen, if not super good, but at least we try and open up the road for the future.

 

Why only for SMSA members only? We have lots of members holding SMSA racing licence racing regularly. Of course we wanna give the other riders who are not members a chance to ride hard yet safely, but definately we have to give priority to our members first to be fair.

 

I do know that to ride in places like PG or Sepang do not require a rider to have a racing license, but to conduct a track day in SG is not a everyday thing and we have lots of levels to go thru and approve first before a track day can be held. Definately, we'd wanna give priority to our SMSA members first in order to be fair to them. We have members who have been racing for many years or maybe just started, so for the benefit of all our members, priority would be given to them first.

 

We really wanna promote motorsports in a correct way to others or to the public. But due to the limitation of participation this round, we decide to give it to our members first. We'd not hesitate to conduct another round of track day in the future to our members and non members if the response this time is good and everything goes on smoothly.

 

Really thks a lot for the patience to read my reply.

no prob bro.. i absoultely understand..

 

i myself is a member of SMSA..

 

just askin for the benefit of others...

 

so guys hope the oraganiser have try his best to answer you guys...

 

 

btw ur doin a great job for making this track day happen..appreciate it bro...

 

hope to see more trackday in the future...

 

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by skazuz@Sep 7 2006, 10:40 PM

no prob bro.. i absoultely understand..

 

i myself is a member of SMSA..

 

just askin for the benefit of others...

 

so guys hope the oraganiser have try his best to answer you guys...

 

 

btw ur doin a great job for making this track day happen..appreciate it bro...

 

hope to see more trackday in the future...

 

cheers

skazuz

Hi, Skazuz,

 

Thks a lot for the compliments. We just wanna do our part & best of our abilities for the passion of the sport.

 

I just hope that u guys understand the difficulties & constraints that everybody have here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest updated Info for track day dated 090809, 0845H.

 

Limited Participants:100 participants only

 

Fees: $80 per person

 

4 classes of bikes (Max only 25 participants for each class):

 

Supermotard (4 Stroke Only), 2 Stroke Cub, 4 Stroke cub, Spark 135

 

Location: Turf City (Pls ask for details for exact location of track day when signing up)

 

Registration Date: 11 Sep - 22 Sep

 

Pay to: 1072, Serangoon Road. Singapore 328178. Operating hours: Monday ~ Saturday 0900 ~1700hrs. Pay to Mr. Peter Tan / Ms Tan Siaw Yan

 

Pls sign up early to avoid disappointment!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgmivnsr@Sep 6 2006, 06:47 PM

Hi, Interested Participants:

 

Details are out. Track day is confirmed. Below are the details:

 

Date of Track Day: 24th Sep 2006 (Sun)

 

Fees: $80 SGD

 

Eligible Participants: SMSA Race License holders only.

 

Registration Date / Place: 11 Sep - 22 Sep at 1072, Serangoon Road. Singapore 328178. Operating hours: Monday ~ Saturday 0900 ~1700hrs. Pay to Mr. Peter Tan / Ms Tan Siaw Yan

 

More details like location ... etc will be revealed during registration.

 

 

Thks a lot.

Hiaya....

i was really looking forward to it...

but nvr.. i understand the difficulties..

i have a few question:

where and how do i get an SMSA License?

for first timer's its S$180?

I renew my license yearly, so how much would it cost?

#ChalkBoardSG

-Don't let dreams juz be a dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jap_muska@Sep 8 2006, 10:55 AM

Hiaya....

i was really looking forward to it...

but nvr.. i understand the difficulties..

i have a few question:

where and how do i get an SMSA License?

for first timer's its S$180?

I renew my license yearly, so how much would it cost?

Pls look at this thread: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126852

 

 

Hope it helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jap_muska@Sep 8 2006, 10:55 AM

Hiaya....

i was really looking forward to it...

but nvr.. i understand the difficulties..

i have a few question:

where and how do i get an SMSA License?

for first timer's its S$180?

I renew my license yearly, so how much would it cost?

its 40 bucks yearly and its consider cheap if really love racing why not join the memebership.. i'm sure u'll get hooked after te track day...

 

i know its a big investment for first timer.. but this is an expensive sport so u gotta bear wif it.. maybe u gotta spend for about 1.5k for boots,gloves,suit,helmet...

 

once u get these stuff its gonna be smooth sailing..

 

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by a@Sep 9 2006, 12:39 AM

don mind i say $80 for track way too ex,without any prize money or trophy for winner.

:cheeky: good luck evryone who taking part in these event.:thumb: cheers

i agree wif ya this its ex but wat can we say..as least these organiser are trying their best to put up something for us.. at least appreciate it...

 

nthing comes cheap in sg..

 

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by a@Sep 9 2006, 12:39 AM

don mind i say $80 for track way too ex,without any prize money or trophy for winner.

:cheeky: good luck evryone who taking part in these event.:thumb: cheers

i agree wif ya this its ex but wat can we say..as least these organiser are trying their best to put up something for us.. at least appreciate it...

 

nthing comes cheap in sg..

 

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...