SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Feedback abt YBR

Smack76

I think it is the piston whacking something. But that sound is always there, its just that the sound got stronger. If wash carb how much ah? And take out and clean the engine?

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought for a hundred plus ...:cheers:

Wah so ex! Anyway, I went to drill my P-Plate through my windscreen. Till now, no one ever bothered to steal my P-Plate. If i just replace the windscreen how much? I was thinking atfer i remove the plate i put a transformers sticker or replace windscreen.

Also, how do i repair the side panel peg? Mine was already broken when i got it. Is there a way to weld it to the side panel back? Oh yeah, what colour green are those Kawa Ninja bikes? Lime green or darker lime green? Was thinking of painting my YBR that colour. Thanks. :)

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

I think it is the piston whacking something. But that sound is always there, its just that the sound got stronger. If wash carb how much ah? And take out and clean the engine?

Perhaps shld be piston ring worn out ... Im more into 2stroke bike as my YBR is a transport bike .. hehe .. tat time i wash my carb its ard 15 bucks ... clean engine ?? wat u mean clean engine ?? u mean piston and cylinder heh ??

Be humble on the road at all times coz u'll neva noe wen u need any rider's help...

Wah so ex! Anyway, I went to drill my P-Plate through my windscreen. Till now, no one ever bothered to steal my P-Plate. If i just replace the windscreen how much? I was thinking atfer i remove the plate i put a transformers sticker or replace windscreen.

Also, how do i repair the side panel peg? Mine was already broken when i got it. Is there a way to weld it to the side panel back? Oh yeah, what colour green are those Kawa Ninja bikes? Lime green or darker lime green? Was thinking of painting my YBR that colour. Thanks. :)

the kawa color lime green eh .ooohh ... lime green YBR ?? cool heh .. Replacing windscreen shld be much cheaper ... I dun get wats the side panel peg ..

Be humble on the road at all times coz u'll neva noe wen u need any rider's help...

For 4 stroke bike dun attempt to wash/clean/service the carburator unless the timing haywire or hesitation during riding other than that i leave it the way it is. I always use 10ml of FP60 for every 1000km of travelling on the road. It clear excess carbon and sludge build up than stick to the Valves and around the piston head.

2008-Spark 135 & Kawasaki KLE500

For 4 stroke bike dun attempt to wash/clean/service the carburator unless the timing haywire or hesitation during riding other than that i leave it the way it is. I always use 10ml of FP60 for every 1000km of travelling on the road. It clear excess carbon and sludge build up than stick to the Valves and around the piston head.

Mind explainin y i shldnt wash my carb ?? Mayb i wld gain more knowledge .. Sometimes i wash my carb to get rid of the access water tat lays in my float bowl .. Coz sometimes water do seeps in and it stagnants in the float bowl ... Tats wat i noe yah ..

For 2t bike you can service regularly, as for 4 stroke, no need because there is nothing much to clean as it appear clean always, unless u felt a hesitation when open throttle. Once before i itchy backside i sent my bike for carb serv, when done i felt that the feeling is different, getting from bad to worse. Its either the mechanic not doing the job well or the original setting is gone.. The best for 4 stroke bike that i practice till today just wash the carb once every two years but if the timing and idling still ok, then i wont do anything. For 2 stroke bike i service the carb once every 3 month.

Simple conclusion, if nothing wrong dun meddle with it.

For 2t bike you can service regularly, as for 4 stroke, no need because there is nothing much to clean as it appear clean always, unless u felt a hesitation when open throttle. Once before i itchy backside i sent my bike for carb serv, when done i felt that the feeling is different, getting from bad to worse. Its either the mechanic not doing the job well or the original setting is gone.. The best for 4 stroke bike that i practice till today just wash the carb once every two years but if the timing and idling still ok, then i wont do anything. For 2 stroke bike i service the carb once every 3 month.

Simple conclusion, if nothing wrong dun meddle with it.

I totally agree .. Sometimes we hav sendiments from low quality gas tat gets trapped in our fuel line or float bowl .. Same goes to water seeping in the float bowl too .. So tat leads to hesistation and jerkking of the bike ... :cheers:

Wah guys! Today when i wanna start bike, electric start doesnt work! It been going on for days so i just ignore. I went ride to buy food, then when come back, the electric start was slow and squealing then died. So i kick start nothing wrong. While riding off behind a car, i realise that if i throttle, then my headlights become stronger. It becomes dim when i hit my brakes.

When i reached home, i tried the electic start again. Cannot sia. So i decided to try to push start. Wah so easy to push start my bike. Don't even need to dismount. I just need 2m can start already. Then when i wanted to dismount, something happened.

I dropped my bike sia! Really drop! First time sia! My shoelace got caught with the brake pedal and i was holding on dearly to my bike, slowly letting it down until i cannot hold. Wah, like want to cry sia! Lucky it went down soflty. The only damages were a bent front brake lever, a bruised shin and a bruised ego. People were watching me sia. Haha.

Anyway, regarding my rough engine making a "tak tak" sound, and my headlight and electric start problem. What could be the causes of these problem? Bike can start normally if kick start, but early in the morning, electric start cannot make it. My bike RPM also so weak. Take me like 10 mins of riding to reach 1.8k rpm. I need so advice guys! Thanks.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

No i have not checked my starter motor. Another point to note is that when i am stationary at traffic light, i hit my hit starter, sometimes the thing doesnt even turn at all and the lights dim alot. Its starting to look like the old bikes where the headligh will flicker slightly with the engine on, but will be full once i revv up the engine. I never did have this problem before.

And regarding the stationary bike drop, just not my day. I like to wear street soccer shoes when i ride and the long shoelaces got caught. Just my luck man. :(

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Check ur battery, If you have a Voltmeter would be better. Check the voltage of the battery. Usually it is 12.5 for normal below than that its weak.Need to charge at bike shop but would not last long, its better you replace with a new one.. Use the Dry cell

But when i bought my bike 3 months ago the shop changed a new battery for me. Could it be battery faulty again? I am afraid it my be the magneto.

EDIT: I just opened my side panel and cleaned the battery connectors and the wires with a hard toothbrush. I still experience the same thing. My bike can only electric start once, or cant electric start at all. Oh and my battery is already a dry cell. I dont see a "Battery water level" mark anywhere. Help me.

Edited by crazydj

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

hello guys, might be changing to a YBR soon.

was thinking, if the headlight is able to change to other kind of headlight like box or round ones? which concludes to taking out the whole headlight casing right?

simple student.

http://preview.shareapic.net/preview5/016947797.jpg

kopi on the rocks :)

was thinking, if the headlight is able to change to other kind of headlight like box or round ones? which concludes to taking out the whole headlight casing right?

YUp, as the size is different and also the mounting.

YUp, as the size is different and also the mounting.

hmm ok but i do not have to change the meter unit as its 2 indiviual items right?

only the signals if im not wrong? can change to fat bar too?

simple student.

http://preview.shareapic.net/preview5/016947797.jpg

kopi on the rocks :)

Is yours 2nd hand ybr when u bought it ??

Second hand bro. Today going to mech to find out what's wrong. Super Sian. But not really a big issue la. As long can start i happy liao.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

hmm ok but i do not have to change the meter unit as its 2 indiviual items right?

only the signals if im not wrong? can change to fat bar too?

Yup, base on what i see the model of the bike, the meter and headlight is two separate components.. If you intent to change then you got to plan where to hide the wiring as will kena water during rain.. Fat bar can change but the riding posture will be different already.

The headlight is already rectangular in shape. If you manage to find a headlight casing which can fit that is. And you also need to install separate signal lights because its integrated into the YBR head. I recently just saw a YBR with an RXZ head. Very pretty.:thumb:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Yup, base on what i see the model of the bike, the meter and headlight is two separate components.. If you intent to change then you got to plan where to hide the wiring as will kena water during rain.. Fat bar can change but the riding posture will be different already.

I can confirm this. You can remove the head and still ride with the instrument panel intact. You just need to protect your wiring. So if you ever decide to ride without a head, it would look like those RXK minus the head with one rectangular headlight.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]