SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines for the I.T.inerary forum (Updated on 22 Nov 2009)

redbeacon

Rules and Regulations for the I.T.inerary forum

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8125/sbfitinerary.jpg

Hi and welcome to the I.T.inerary forum.

This is the place where bikers like you and I can come to with regards to Technology and I.T. - whether it's a question that you have, an answer that you know of, or any I.T. related news, tips, or a new tech product that piques your interest that you would like to share here.

While we don't usually set immediate ground rules to prevent people from starting a new thread or to reply to an existing one, we still will operate with a set of rules, regulations, and guidelines. Most of them apply to SingaporeBikes.com forums as a whole but nevertheless, it is imperative that you abide by all rules, regulations, and guidelines listed in the following sections below if you intend to visit and make use of this forum for posting new thread topics/replying to thread topics.

The rules, regulations, and guidelines for this forum are as follows:

1.What you are allowed to do:

Only when it is related to Information (I.T.) or Electronic (gadgetry) technology, or computing in general:

(a) Post a new thread topic.

(b) Reply to a thread topic with a comment/statement as long as it is related to the thread topic. In other words, not changing the subject when you reply.

© Send a private message ("PM") to either redbeacon or PaLmEr if you are unsure whether when you intend to perform either procedures (a) or (b), its contents may contravene any rules, regulations, or guidelines set here, or if you have any other doubts.

2.What you are not allowed to do:

With regards to Information (I.T.) or Electronic (gadgetry) technology, or computing in general, you go ahead and:

(a) Post a new thread topic with its contents that is/are not related otherwise.

(b) Reply to a thread topic with a comment/statement that is unrelated to the thread topic itself.

© Actively promote any form of copyright infringing material or content in your thread topic/reply to a thread topic. Examples include, but are not limited to:

(1) Software piracy

(2) Pirated material or content or any reference(s) to it, and/or

(3) The "cracking", "hacking", "reverse engineering" of software or an Operating System if we cannot verify that its license is Open Source.

(4) The "disruption" of technology services through malicious means.

(d) Include any form of content (a file; a link to a website) that contains any form of malware.

(e) Include any form of objectionable content in your thread topic or in your reply to a thread topic.

(f) Use this forum for any form of solicitation or advertising - i.e.: to promote I.T. services, or to recruit people.

3.What we, the Moderators of I.T.inerary, will do:

(a) Have the right to edit, move, or remove thread topics or posts when deemed necessary.

(b) Scrutinise external website links and attachments included in any post or thread.

© Will also moderate this forum and users based on the SingaporeBikes Forum (SBF) General Rules & Regulations. For your reading convenience, these will be listed in the following few posts (scroll down to see).

(d) Serve warnings, infractions (aka demerit points), or ban members from the SingaporeBikes Forum if they contravene any rules, regulations, and guidelines set here and/or in the SingaporeBikes Forum (SBF) General Rules & Regulations.

(e) Furnish information to any governing bureaus, authorities, or the Police any copyright infringing material or material that are deemed objectionable by them, along with the user's online details when demanded by them. Please refer to Section (d), under "Offenders may be slapped with the following penalties:" in the SingaporeBikes Forum (SBF) General Rules & Regulations document for more information and definition of this Clause.

==========

With that said, I hope it's not too hard to comply with the rules, regulations, and guidelines stated here. Again, if you have any questions or doubts, or if you have any suggestions, do send any of these moderators a Private Message, and either one will respond to your inquiry or enquiry. Your moderators for the I.T.inerary are:

redbeacon , PaLmEr , Andy

Likewise, members like you can also help us Moderators by using the report post button http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif to report to us any thread topic, post, or a user that you may find contravening to the rules and regulations set here.

We hope all of you can cooperate and make this forum a resourceful place for us to visit.

With regards,

Your friendly neighbourhood I.T.inerary Moderators.

======================

1st Revision: 14 August 2009, 09.18pm

2nd Revision: 22nd November 2009, 3.00pm

Changes:

• Clause 2© changed - With this modified clause, its control and how it's applied to posts and members associated with it are now relaxed. This lets users include textual references to material deemed copyright infringing by the authorities - but only for what the moderators here define as "legitimate activities" such as being informative or to educate others on its inner workings. Materials like this however is thus still subject to scrutiny and/or approval.

***append next and future revisions here***

Edited by redbeacon
Amendments to some clauses and additions of some more.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guidelines for the I.T.inerary forum.

The guidelines for posting in this forum is the same for any other forums.

Please visit the following link to read up on the site-wide Posting Guidelines:

Posting Guidelines

Please also refer to this document which pertains to selling/trading items in the SingaporeBikes Forum:

Garage Sales Act

SingaporeBikes Forum (SBF) General Rules & Regulations

Quoted below is the agreement that all forum users accepted when signing up for an account in this forum.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Although the administrators and moderators of Singapore Bikes Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Singapore Bikes Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Singapore Bikes Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

The following guidelines for Posting in SBF will apply (but is not restricted to)

1) Categories of prohibited threads/postings

a) Racism/Anti-religion.

b) NEW TCSS or post-clocking threads (existing ones will remain)

c) Threads which glorify post-clocking.

d) Threads asking an individual to enter.

e) Defamation against any party.

f) Duplicated thread (e.g. Nee Soon, Yishun, Nee Soon Central, Nee Soon South etc).

g) Thread topic contains nicks of SBF member(s)

h) Query/question where the answer has been obtained.

i) Threads containing sensitive or classified information

j) Anti-government/political contents

k) Greetings (Good morning/afternoon/night/Hi/Hello etc)

l) Flame wars.

m) Boh liao threads that are not constructive but serve as a clock posts and offtopic comments thread.

n) Threads that link to blogs or websites for the purpose of flaming, posting critisms, negative comments to any particular individual/individuals.

o) Reference or referals to any other external bike forums

p) Spam and/or unauthorized advertising.

q) Nudity or obscene material.

r) New threads or posts by banned or suspended errant members using clone accounts.

2. Membership

a) Each individual is and will only be allowed ONE (01) account in SBF. Any individual found having more than one member account (clones) in SBF will have the accounts banned. All subsequent clones will similarly be banned on sight.

b) Sharing of a single account between multiple individuals is strictly prohibited. This is to encourage responsible posting by our members.

c) Nicknames of an offensive / political nature will either be removed or the offending member will be asked to provide another nickname which is non offensive in nature.

d) Person(s) who have previously been banned for offences commited and register a new nickname will also have their new nickname(s) banned on sight. The ban applies to the PERSON, not just a virtual nickname.

3. Member Avatars & Signatures

a) Each member is allowed to have ONE (01) image not exceeding 640 x 480 pixels in his/her signature. Image size must not exceed 100KB (KiloBytes) for the benefit of mobile users and users on slower connections.

b) Strictly NO advertising is allowed in the signature column. An exception is made for the following users: Advertisers, CMO. PMO

4. Posting Guidelines

a) The main language of communication in SBF is in ENGLISH. Other languages are allowed, but not exclusively in other languages other than ENGLISH. Exceptions are made for existing specific threads like "S4 Melayu Riders" and such.

b) Post clocking is strictly frowned upon. Offenders will be penalised.

Offenders may be slapped with the following penalties:

a) Infraction issued to member. 3 strikes and adios, you are out.

b) For more serious offences, a Moderator Preview status may be issued to the member. Postings from the errant member will have to be previewed by a moderator before it is visible to the public.

c) Being Banned (Banished) from SBF. Any attempts by the same person to register another nickname will similarly be banned on sight.

d) For serious cases where the Police is involved, the forum management may be required to furnish information to assist in their investigations. IP addresses are traceable. So are you. Be safe, not sorry. Please post responsibly.

The moderators reserve the right to edit the following:

a) Inappropriate thread topics.

b) Substitution of profanaties/words with suitable replacements.

A Few Guidelines for a pleasant visit to SBF

Respect for each other

- Please respect each other so there will be few, if not no problems. Respect other users, moderators & administrators without any political , social or any other kind of difference. We are afterall, human. Quote: "Respect to be Respected"

*** DISCLAIMER ***

Neither SingaporeBikes.Com (SBF), it's Administrators (admin) nor Moderators (mods) will not be responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message or infomation, and will not be responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this forum or its management. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by using the "REPORT POST" button on the bottom left of each post. Admins & Mods have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, by posting, and through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of any person's privacy, or otherwise violating any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum. You also agree not to hold liable SingaporeBikes.Com, its administrators and/or moderators for any information posted on this forum.

First release: 29th June 2005

Last revised: 6th Mar 2009

Above list is by no means exhaustive and is subjected to changes without prior notice.

In most cases, the moderators' decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.

The rules may appear to be very strict, but ultimately the rules are here to protect our own members.

It is to encourage responsible posting by our members.

Nobody likes to be in a forum where unnecessary flame wars rage daily like some other forums.

SBF Management reserves the right to amend the forum rules at our own discretion.

If a thread is deemed to be closed/deleted in error, kindly inform the respective moderator(s) of that section via Private Message (PM)

• 8 months later...

Greetings all,

The I.T.inerary forum serves the needs of bikers that want to start topics or to chat about I.T. in general, or to use this forum to seek assistance with their computing issues, or even assist others with computer issues as well.

We would like to remind you that this forum is not a portal for advertising or any form of solicitation or employee search, regardless of whether it's related to I.T.

Such threads and posts like these that are found here and that they do not comply with the rules and regulations (read all about them here) will be removed without prior notice.

Thank you all for your understanding and thanks for making the I.T.inerary forum a good and resourceful one-stop shop for like-minded biker tech experts, tech aficionados, and help seekers alike.

redbeacon

representating the I.T.inerary moderating team

Updated: Friday, 16th April, 0230hrs

Edited by redbeacon

• SBF unpinned this topic