SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Super 400

Voodoo1010

Hi, fellow Honda bikers out there. I intend to get a 2ndhand Honda Super 400 but I have been out of the bike scene for 10 yrs. My previous bikes were Honda CB500, CB 750, 750K series, Kawa Z900, Kawa Z1R, Suzuki GS 425CC and also a Suzuki GN 125. I am getting confused with VTEC, Spec I, II, blah, blah, blah. Budget 4-6K. What is the most reliable Honda Super 400 series in the mkt now? My first place of visit would be Looi's Motor. Heard about Mah Motors too but after svc not so good leh, after you hv bght the bike..hahaha..sounds familiar? I don't mind buying fm an owner if the condition is good. Anybody out there have any good advice on the models & bike shops? I still hate cars, road too jammed with pesky housewives rushing their kids to schools during morn' peak hours. I am still very much a 'bike' man of the 80's.http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/images/smilies/icon-angel.gif

Class 2

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi voodoo

if you don't mind buying from direct seller / owner

try the sales threads page here - http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

or

http://www.singaporebikes.com/classifieds/

otherwise you can try scouting the different shops, here's the different shops listed here - http://www.singaporebikes.com/shopdirectory

in very simple explanations, think of the different VTEC's 1, 2, 3 and the latest one Revo as different year models

of course they have slightly different specifications on the variable valve timings opening at different RPM's and also the overall outlook

most different is the revo which is EFI

happy bike hunting & ride safe :)

Grounded... :/

Tks a lot for the info Antartica. This morning I happened to bump into a Yamaha FJR (1300 cc) rider staying same block as me. He's in his 60's about 5ft 6. Told me that the FJR 'heats-up' quite fast if kena traffic jam. I was actually looking at one to purchase in Dec 10 but after hearing this...might hv 2nd thoughts. I know the super 4 VTEC is reliable and will take my time to scout for a good one. No rush, this is only a warm-up (after long lay-off) for myself before i buy a brand new bike late this yr.

Class 2

If you wanna one with great fuel efficiency, tt would be version s. I can run mine for avg of 25 km/l. Actualli im letting go of mine cos upgrading to a class 2 bike. It comes equiped with upgraded parts. Unfortunately, I'm unable to post it on the forum. Willing to share with you on the bike details though if you don mind

What do u mean 'unable to post in the forum'? U kena banned or what? I am looking for an S4 Spec 1 or II but will take my own sweet time until I find an OK one. I am also planning to get a brand new Class 2 bike end of this yr. I am CL 2 25 yrs ago. This S4 is only to get back my bike sense after laying off for many yrs.

Class 2

If you wanna one with great fuel efficiency, tt would be version s. I can run mine for avg of 25 km/l. Actualli im letting go of mine cos upgrading to a class 2 bike. It comes equiped with upgraded parts. Unfortunately, I'm unable to post it on the forum. Willing to share with you on the bike details though if you don mind

Went to Looi's Motor and saw a few bikes and quite interested. Firstly, if u can email the pix to my email acct it would be [email protected]

Colour, year, nos of owners, COE end date, how much?

Anything done to the bike to enhance your sale etc. My decision date is this

Wed, 30 Mar. 31 Mar am going to Looi's motor to get my vroom...:angel:

Class 2

• 2 weeks later...
wanna buy USED 2 side box givi v35 or kappa k33 with rack.

pls pm me :thumb:

hi daniellovestodance any pics for the v35?

is it compatible with the wing rack?

if dun wanna post here can email me at ianclai (at) gmail dot com

Grounded... :/