SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

April Fool's Day ride to KL

Hi fellow SBKs

As some of you know, i recently purchased a vfr. One of the main reasons for buying this bike was to ride it home to Malaysia. (my parents live there) This is the first time i'm taking it to KL and first time i'm doing a night ride.

(i've ridden to KL before, but on my phantom, and during the day. I also plan to ride to Malacca (on my vfr) the week before this actual trip to gain more riding experience)

Background

Good Friday weekend is April 2-4. It's also the Formula 1 weekend in Malaysia.

Intention

To not ride alone. It'd be nice to ride with someone, especially at night. I'd expect traffic to be heavy on the NSE.

Details of the proposed itinerary

Date: Thursday 1st April 2010

Proposed time of Departure: After work, approximately 7-8pm

Route: Tuas - 2nd Link - Ayer Keroh (toilet and petrol stop) - KLIA - Damansara Toll

(that's my exit. You can break off and exit where necessary).

Average Speed: 120kmph (just slightly over the speed limit, don't want to road hog. but if there's a car going 150kmph, we'll give way)

Attire: Ideally FF helmet, boots, gloves and your riding jacket, with armour. I recently purchased mine. Also, be prepared for wet-weather. It's been raining cats and dogs lately.

Essentially we should just keep a steady pace. NO RUSH. I'm fine if individuals on this trip agree to go slower.

Lastly, there's a mamak place in bandar utama (near my house). we can chill there once we've arrived (if your final destination is around PJ, etc)

Also, experienced bikers out there feel free to give tips and comments.

THank you

regards

pm me for more details

Confirmed List

bus_wrecker / vfr

TA200 - 10/2007 -

VFR800 ABS - 03/2010

http://www.seantmurphy.com/VFR/cartoon2.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic