SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Typical mods and repairs pricing for runners! Old birds pls contribute!

tsingwei

Hi all riders, I bought my ST200 in Mar 2010. Recently went to change tires at SunRise at Kallang, the mechanic said my rear brake pads are going to wear off soon and adviced me to change so I agreed. After brake pads changed, whenever I brake, there is this squeaky high pitch yi yi sound...so embarassing. Went back to shop twice and mechanic just use air gun to blow at the brake disc area n spray some contact cleaner. It solves the problem at first but the next day this yi yi sound comes back. Can anyone advice me the solution? Btw, I need to do my 10000km servicing and change front brake pads. What should I change for this 10000km servicing and which shop can recommend and cost? Thanks all riders...be safe...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all riders, I bought my ST200 in Mar 2010. Recently went to change tires at SunRise at Kallang, the mechanic said my rear brake pads are going to wear off soon and adviced me to change so I agreed. After brake pads changed, whenever I brake, there is this squeaky high pitch yi yi sound...so embarassing. Went back to shop twice and mechanic just use air gun to blow at the brake disc area n spray some contact cleaner. It solves the problem at first but the next day this yi yi sound comes back. Can anyone advice me the solution? Btw, I need to do my 10000km servicing and change front brake pads. What should I change for this 10000km servicing and which shop can recommend and cost? Thanks all riders...be safe...

what is the brand of the brake pads

squeaky sound when braking is normal for new brake pads i guess. jus gotta let it season. esp ebc brand. 10k do full service? belt, roller, etc. eo can use fully syn already if im not wrong. cost shld be from $160-$200. see u go for stock parts or aftermarket parts.

hey guys. im a newbie here..just got my gilera runner vxr 06...

i wud like to ask, what is the top speed of the runner?

now still running in..so cannot tarik...

i saw loads of gillys out there...very fast..

what do i have to do to be like them...

thanks....

Bro, check here http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/170648-Gilera-VXR-accessories-n-modifications. inside all about modification u can do to make ur runner fly. hahaha. most impt mus have $$$!

squeaky sound when braking is normal for new brake pads i guess. jus gotta let it season. esp ebc brand. 10k do full service? belt, roller, etc. eo can use fully syn already if im not wrong. cost shld be from $160-$200. see u go for stock parts or aftermarket parts.

I don't think it's normal to have squeaky sound till brake pads are season. When I get my brand new bike and last time my vrx 06 changed brake pads, the brakes don't have this squeaky sound...tks

not too sure then. cos if u read a few post earlier, one bro stated that he used ebc brake pad got screeching sound. change to malossi after awhile have also. have to blow away de dust to get rid of the sound. but it doesnt last long. sound will come back agn. For me i using daytona brake pad. only occasionally very seldom will screech.

hey guys can help?

i just got my runner. need to know abt the normal servicing. i know full servicing is ard 10000km will have to change belting all that. for normal servicing wat needs to be done? i know that will be ard 5000km. and wat do u normally need to maintain on runners? i heard abt the water pump too. wat do u need to do for that? thanks!

May 2009 class 3

Aug 2010 Class 2B

Apr 2012 Class 2A

Aug 2013 Class 2

Rides:

(Past)Honda NSR SP, Honda NSR RR, Gilera Runner VXR, Honda XR400SM, Honda Super 4 spec 1, Yamaha R6, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Gilera Runner ST200, Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC, Yamaha Tmax 530

oh so its normal servicing as other bikes ah? like eo, spark plug. ok thanks for ur help!

May 2009 class 3

Aug 2010 Class 2B

Apr 2012 Class 2A

Aug 2013 Class 2

Rides:

(Past)Honda NSR SP, Honda NSR RR, Gilera Runner VXR, Honda XR400SM, Honda Super 4 spec 1, Yamaha R6, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Gilera Runner ST200, Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC, Yamaha Tmax 530

I full service my ST200 for $178 this include:

1. Original Piaggio Genuine Kelvar Belt

2. Original Piaggio Genuine Rollers

3. Original Piaggio Genuine U-shoe

4. Maxima Sooter Oil 10w40 Engine Oil

5. Oil Filter

6. Gear Oil

7. Spark Plug

8. Cleaning of transmission

9. Including workmanship

++++++++++++++++++

Air filter sponge $15