SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

I have never come across 3months warranty for a new bike given that the benchmark warranty is at least 1yr or 10,000km whichever comes first (my S3 is 2yrs and unlimited mileage warranty). This only makes the brand/model look bad as people might think its unreliable. What about the agent Mah? They give 3mths warranty too? If Mah gives 1yr and LS being the dealer offers 3mths then its ridiculous and senseless.

Have you been to see/test ride S3 at CKA? You should give a try before you consider the two models.

i did a check with e shop again n was told tat there is 1 yr warranty of engine parts from e agent, e 3 mths warranty is given by them personally, quite confusing le. Anyway i hv already shortlist e 2 bikes i 1 to get, S3 or evo. Will make decision after i view e S3 nxt wk. Saw another new model from kymco, downtown125i retail at 8.6k also but dun like e design.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i did a check with e shop again n was told tat there is 1 yr warranty of engine parts from e agent, e 3 mths warranty is given by them personally, quite confusing le. Anyway i hv already shortlist e 2 bikes i 1 to get, S3 or evo. Will make decision after i view e S3 nxt wk. Saw another new model from kymco, downtown125i retail at 8.6k also but dun like e design.

Very confusing indeed on the warranty issue, make sure its written black and white if you were to get the bike. For Daelim, all customers are given a warranty servicing booklet that documents servicing history, ease of mind.

Latest 125cc scooter in market currently, Honda PCX (around $8000), Kymco downtown ($8600), and Daelim S3 ($8600). Out of these 3 models, Honda is of course the more reputable brand but the design and size of the exhaust and wheels kinda make the outlook missing somewhere? I saw Kymco downtown on the magazine, front looks fierce at first glance, kinda similar to S3. Engine and technology wise, S3 in my opinion, outshines both of them with DOHC engine, smart ignition, car-like speedometer, sports muffler, braking system.. and not forgetting the after-sales service. You may say I'm riding a S3 so I tend to be bias against others but since we are comparing apple to apple, come to think of it, the S3 is worth every penny don't you guys think so?

Im doing about 1200km now. Could definitely feel the ride and throttle performance better and smoother. I have however, experienced something unusual 2 days ago when I was riding in the heavy rain along the highway. I could feel a jerking momentum but only for a split second, could it be water getting in contact with the air filter? Firestation, how is the ride coming along so far?

Im doing about 1200km now. Could definitely feel the ride and throttle performance better and smoother. I have however, experienced something unusual 2 days ago when I was riding in the heavy rain along the highway. I could feel a jerking momentum but only for a split second, could it be water getting in contact with the air filter? Firestation, how is the ride coming along so far?

I feel it too at times, coupled with a slight power loss for a split second despite constant throttling. Gotta bring it up to CKA when doing my 2nd servicing.

Guys, will like to kn wat is e weight of S3? n is it using original bracket for e backbox n how big is e box tat can b mounted? lastly is e mounting very stable as my box tends to b shaky on my current bike due to self make bracket. Thanks n regards.

Edited by sym7

Guys, will like to kn wat is e weight of S3? n is it using original bracket for e backbox n how big is e box tat can b mounted? lastly is e mounting very stable as my box tends to b shaky on my current bike due to self make bracket. Thanks n regards.

Weight is 159 and they are using the original bracket with sizes of box for you to choose from. I chose E45 givi. Due to wear and tear, its inevitable that box will be shaky down the road. I do ask my pillion not to exert too much weight onto the box. :)

Weight is 159 and they are using the original bracket with sizes of box for you to choose from. I chose E45 givi. Due to wear and tear, its inevitable that box will be shaky down the road. I do ask my pillion not to exert too much weight onto the box. :)

Thanks for e reply bro, btw wat grade of fuel u guys pump for ur S3? 92,95 or even 98? I pump in 92 on my gts as recommended for taiwan bikes, notice not much of difference when using higher grade so save some money. Any comments abt it bros?

Guest adair69
Hi Adair, it seems that i can only achieve 26km/l (315km/12 litres) on my 2nd refill after travelling 320km. I did the refilling the moment the fuel indicator started blinking with one bar left and i travelled for another 10km to the kiosk. My mileage as of now is around 630km. What is the proportion between rev and speed in your case? For example, mine is 7 rpm to 80km/hr constant. Just wanna know whether you guys are experiencing the same.

Hi Kchiong

On the revs / kph its around 7 at 80kph.... 8 or so at 100, and for a short period Yesterday 8.25 at 110 Kph. I actually don't really ever see the revs much lower than 7 and any higher than 8.25. Its very close to your reading I think (I'm around 68kg)

The Km/l are just getting better and better...

90% of my ride is Expressway with 10% normal CBD stop start traffic. To really get an accurate feel for the km/l, I make a note of the mileage when I fill up, keeping the record of the amount of litres I put in. The next time I fill up (doesn't have to be completely empty) I do the same. I can then calculate the amount of fuel consumed against the Km recorded. The reason I do this, is as I never am quite sure if I've filled to the top. Once you get around 4 or 5 of these you can really get a fix on the average (I blame my Accounting training for this behaviour!)

Currently running on 98 Ron I'm now sitting at average 35.42! I'm probably not very aggressive on the throttle, the run in at no more than 80kph, and the straight runs with no stop start is likely all helping, but also the Ron I have always found helps the "Jap" designed engine run more efficiently. Hope this helps:)

I had the power interruption on the bike in the rain, I gave feedback to CKA on its first service. If I were to take a guess I believe its the Side stand electronic cut out getting wet and providing a short to the engine. Next time I'm at CKA in line with a few others I'm going to get the sensor removed to see if this changes it. Ronnie said that they would look at all connectors and likely seal them against water ingress, I think that's likely where the issue lies.

Hi Kchiong

On the revs / kph its around 7 at 80kph.... 8 or so at 100, and for a short period Yesterday 8.25 at 110 Kph. I actually don't really ever see the revs much lower than 7 and any higher than 8.25. Its very close to your reading I think (I'm around 68kg)

The Km/l are just getting better and better...

90% of my ride is Expressway with 10% normal CBD stop start traffic. To really get an accurate feel for the km/l, I make a note of the mileage when I fill up, keeping the record of the amount of litres I put in. The next time I fill up (doesn't have to be completely empty) I do the same. I can then calculate the amount of fuel consumed against the Km recorded. The reason I do this, is as I never am quite sure if I've filled to the top. Once you get around 4 or 5 of these you can really get a fix on the average (I blame my Accounting training for this behaviour!)

Currently running on 98 Ron I'm now sitting at average 35.42! I'm probably not very aggressive on the throttle, the run in at no more than 80kph, and the straight runs with no stop start is likely all helping, but also the Ron I have always found helps the "Jap" designed engine run more efficiently. Hope this helps:)

I had the power interruption on the bike in the rain, I gave feedback to CKA on its first service. If I were to take a guess I believe its the Side stand electronic cut out getting wet and providing a short to the engine. Next time I'm at CKA in line with a few others I'm going to get the sensor removed to see if this changes it. Ronnie said that they would look at all connectors and likely seal them against water ingress, I think that's likely where the issue lies.

Tks for the explanation on the FC. I've used Shell 98 and V-power, the latter does not exhibit any increase in performance. May stick to 98 or even try something lower for eg shell 95. And yes, at this point of time, the FC improves guess i was too anxious and paranoid

As for the sudden drop in power, I've experienced this in a clear bright day (never in the rain or on the expressway though), at slow speed in the range of 20 - 40 km/h. While cruising at low speed for eg in a carpark. I experienced a sudden slight drop in power but within a split second, it becomes normal. For info, my side stand function was already disabled. o_O

Guest adair69
Tks for the explanation on the FC. I've used Shell 98 and V-power, the latter does not exhibit any increase in performance. May stick to 98 or even try something lower for eg shell 95. And yes, at this point of time, the FC improves guess i was too anxious and paranoid

As for the sudden drop in power, I've experienced this in a clear bright day (never in the rain or on the expressway though), at slow speed in the range of 20 - 40 km/h. While cruising at low speed for eg in a carpark. I experienced a sudden slight drop in power but within a split second, it becomes normal. For info, my side stand function was already disabled. o_O

Mmm, I wonder if that drop in power is an ECU issue, I know there was a fuel pump issue earlier on one of the bikes..?

Hope its just a small glitch for you, will see if I get the issue too.

hi guys, im back sort of busy with my bike and me..... the bike has not much of issue now for me.

i did my 110 with around 25percent throttle, no dragging involve escalate slowly. fuel consumption wise .... is a bit high as i mod certain parts of my bike. will be adding some more led lites to my bike, more for safety reason when i go touring. also added two speaker and an amp for amusement purpose... did my first service two days back... nice to have new EO flowing inside my bike... had this power loss when the servicing was almost due. the problem stop after the EO change....

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

daelim rwr....... come liao!!!!!!!!!

awaits S3..... :thumb:

S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Daystar is in... (scraped on 13/06/2012)

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

hi guys, after going thru pros n cons, i hv put pen on paper today for S3 n will b collecting in 3 days time. Well i decide on S3 over evo200i cos i felt that cka offer better service n support than mah n its agents. Moreover i got all u guys to share abt e issues of e bike where e evo site is a no show. As for e outlook n tecnology of S3, i'm quite happy abt it. Thanks for all e advices u guys hv given me. Cheers!

Btw will e erp unit obstruct e meter view when fixed in e center of steering bar? As roy suggest most ppls fix there. Will also fix a headlight cut off switch on tat area, any1 any comments?

congrats bro. no issues on the erp ****. will only block the lower reading area. as for head lite , it is better with the switch so we can have control over it. its better to turn on the head light after we start the enginge. congrats anyway ........ happy riding and ride safe

hi guys, after going thru pros n cons, i hv put pen on paper today for S3 n will b collecting in 3 days time. Well i decide on S3 over evo200i cos i felt that cka offer better service n support than mah n its agents. Moreover i got all u guys to share abt e issues of e bike where e evo site is a no show. As for e outlook n tecnology of S3, i'm quite happy abt it. Thanks for all e advices u guys hv given me. Cheers!

Btw will e erp unit obstruct e meter view when fixed in e center of steering bar? As roy suggest most ppls fix there. Will also fix a headlight cut off switch on tat area, any1 any comments?

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

Welcome to the family. Btw, you may want to disable the side stand function as what you did to GTS

gd advice........ by the way when u folks wanna meet up for coffee???

Welcome to the family. Btw, you may want to disable the side stand function as what you did to GTS

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

yup will disable e sidestand sensor as i park on sidestand most of e time. Any other useful accessories to add on beside headlight sw?

hmm, i didnt add anything except for rim sticker and handle grip coz i prefer everything to be in stock condition. Maybe few years down the road after wear and tear may consider changing the air filter and mods which firestation has done. dun want to waste money now since everything is new :thumb:

hmm, i didnt add anything except for rim sticker and handle grip coz i prefer everything to be in stock condition. Maybe few years down the road after wear and tear may consider changing the air filter and mods which firestation has done. dun want to waste money now since everything is new :thumb:

Bro, for e first few servicing labour is free but hv to pay for e oils rite? Wat kind of oil they using, semi or fully syn? N lastly wat e recommended petrol grade to use, 92, 95 or 98? Any difference when using higher grade? Thanks n regards.

Bro, for e first few servicing labour is free but hv to pay for e oils rite? Wat kind of oil they using, semi or fully syn? N lastly wat e recommended petrol grade to use, 92, 95 or 98? Any difference when using higher grade? Thanks n regards.

Correct. For the 1st servicing hv to buy 2 bottles coz the engine oil needed is 1.1 litres. Subsequently only need to buy 1 bottle. 1 bottle costs 26.50 plus. I cannot recall whether is semi or fully syn. sigh.. my memory is failing. Other S3 bros, pls advise.

I tried Shell v-power, shell 98 and currently shell 95. Cannot feel any difference le..

Dear all, ytd night around 12 am was driving along sembawang park and saw one white S3. Who was that??

for fuel, i felt that esso was better..... tried all from shells but cant feel any diff... engine oil over at cke is fully synth. hey kchiong wat u doing in the middle of the nite at sembawang park????? go catch monkey ar??hehehe

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

hi guys, im back sort of busy with my bike and me..... the bike has not much of issue now for me.

i did my 110 with around 25percent throttle, no dragging involve escalate slowly. fuel consumption wise .... is a bit high as i mod certain parts of my bike. will be adding some more led lites to my bike, more for safety reason when i go touring. also added two speaker and an amp for amusement purpose... did my first service two days back... nice to have new EO flowing inside my bike... had this power loss when the servicing was almost due. the problem stop after the EO change....

After reading all the posts in this thread, i think it was you i was speaking to bro. I was at CKA KB the big size guy riding GSR 400 LOL. I really² want to get this bike man after all the positive feedback. Just worried wear and tear might be abit harsh with my size LOL. Overall would you guys say its a hardy bike?

Hope buyer doesn't back out for my GSR.

Jun 06 - Aug 06: Honda Phantom TA200 FV13**Y

Aug 06 - Oct 07: Yamaha RXZ FR41**U

Oct 07 - Nov 09: Honda CB400 Spec 3 FBC10**B

Nov 09 - Mar 11: Suzuki GSR400 FBC73**C

Mar 11 - Apr 11: Piaggio X9 Evo FX 42**U

Mar 11 - Jan 14: Honda Silverwing 400 FBC 53**J

Dec 13 - May 14: Toyota Wish SJU 48**L

May 14 - Jul 15: Maxsym 400i FBJ 36**G

Aug 15 - Current: Honda Silverwing SW-T400 FBG 29**R

hi guys, just collected my S3 today, nice grey colour. They fix in such a way tat my erp unit can only read when ignition is on n e headlight sw kind of weird tat when on, e panel indicator for headlight on but no headlight n vice verse, u guys also same same? Btw quite comfortable n easy handling, saw another guy there also buying S3, will see more of it otr soon. Ride safe everybody.

Edited by sym7

hi all, update from my ride, actually quite disappointed with e pickup n speed of S3. Trottle to 7k rpm can only reach 70km/hr n e engine quite noisy liao, guess due to 125cc only. Hope e speed n pickup will improve after run in, may went down to kakit bukit tomorrow to do some adjustment if no rain. Sian.....no ot tomorrow.