SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

sym7

hi all, update from my ride, actually quite disappointed with e pickup n speed of S3. Trottle to 7k rpm can only reach 70km/hr n e engine quite noisy liao, guess due to 125cc only. Hope e speed n pickup will improve after run in, may went down to kakit bukit tomorrow to do some adjustment if no rain. Sian.....no ot tomorrow.

It will improve as times goes by. The engine noise is indeed quite noisy but still acceptable for me. My suggestion, dun look at the rpm else you will get dishearten. heee

Dear all, that prick is dropping his one liner **** again at the other s3 thread. What can i say... But its a good method if you guys want to clock more posts. :)

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest adair69

Hi

Just a quick update.

Engine is still running well and the km/l is still looking good even cruising at 1-110 everyday. The rev needle just seems to be forever in the 7-8 position Sym7 so I don't even look at it anymore.

I have had the speedo light go again I'm afraid, it seems to be the only issue I've got recurring with the S3; gonna ask Roy what his suggestion is as I've already had a complete unit change.:(

The stock tyres are still worrying me, as in the wet they are really not performing very well. Will definitely change in about 500-1k.

I saw a black S3 parked and just setting off on Shelton on Thursday about 11 or 12.... looked really nice!

Sym7 Just bought some comply ear tips from Jaben in adelphi to lessen the engine noise a little and they have worked brilliantly, better than having a full set of ear plugs in. Fitted them to my RE0 earphones and just numbs the sound to tolerable levels.:cool:

Hello Everyone,

I am contemplating buying the Daelim S3 or the SYM GTS 200. Besides the price and obvious technological differences (i.e. the Smart Key Ignition), can I ask what you guys have to say concerning a comparison between these two fine scooters.

Also, kindly requesting for any recommendations or suggestions for other scooters with similar design and specifications.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I am contemplating buying the Daelim S3 or the SYM GTS 200. Besides the price and obvious technological differences (i.e. the Smart Key Ignition), can I ask what you guys have to say concerning a comparison between these two fine scooters.

Also, kindly requesting for any recommendations or suggestions for other scooters with similar design and specifications.

Thanks!

Parked beside a nice grey S3 three weeks back at Lavender ICA building carpark....Any one here??

Someone ought to bring the S3 for a Tour Up north and comment!! I'm pretty sure its going to excel!!

hello, knn you, wanna test bike untill go mia ar??hahahhaha

After reading all the posts in this thread, i think it was you i was speaking to bro. I was at CKA KB the big size guy riding GSR 400 LOL. I really² want to get this bike man after all the positive feedback. Just worried wear and tear might be abit harsh with my size LOL. Overall would you guys say its a hardy bike?

Hope buyer doesn't back out for my GSR.

hey bro its me man..... all the best to you that the buyer dont back out..... wait for you otr

hi all, update from my ride, actually quite disappointed with e pickup n speed of S3. Trottle to 7k rpm can only reach 70km/hr n e engine quite noisy liao, guess due to 125cc only. Hope e speed n pickup will improve after run in, may went down to kakit bukit tomorrow to do some adjustment if no rain. Sian.....no ot tomorrow.

dont worry abt it bro..... cause u too used to ur old bike i think.... anyway u can try my bike if you want too to see the diff.....

Hi

Just a quick update.

Engine is still running well and the km/l is still looking good even cruising at 1-110 everyday. The rev needle just seems to be forever in the 7-8 position Sym7 so I don't even look at it anymore.

I have had the speedo light go again I'm afraid, it seems to be the only issue I've got recurring with the S3; gonna ask Roy what his suggestion is as I've already had a complete unit change.:(

The stock tyres are still worrying me, as in the wet they are really not performing very well. Will definitely change in about 500-1k.

I saw a black S3 parked and just setting off on Shelton on Thursday about 11 or 12.... looked really nice!

Sym7 Just bought some comply ear tips from Jaben in adelphi to lessen the engine noise a little and they have worked brilliantly, better than having a full set of ear plugs in. Fitted them to my RE0 earphones and just numbs the sound to tolerable levels.:cool:

hahaha gd choice bro or you folks can try the knn filter... sounds better

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

hi bro, this all depends on ur personal ref..... apart from the engine cap, which is 125 for S3 and 172 for sym. S3 has a higher technology in all aspect....

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

daelim rwr....... come liao!!!!!!!!!

awaits S3..... :thumb:

S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Daystar is in... (scraped on 13/06/2012)

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

hehe, feeling much better after feedbacks from all bros. Well dun need ear plugs at e moment la still can tahan abit. Btw u guys better check tat ur rear tyre needle r facing e rite position b4 moving off as mine kana turn by some idiots to opposite position n it knock against e cover then kana bend already unable to pump air liao. Check with roy n will hv it replace on monday. Sian.....

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

I suggest u get either sym joyride200i or S3 as gts got e exhaust issues. I chose e later cos of e better services n assurance of cka. I nearly brought e joyride if not for all bros's advices here n there r alots of kakis here to share abt our's bike issues, so i give up e sym 172cc n hv to b content with S3 125cc now. U can also check out e kymco models at ubi area, chose wisely bro n all e best.

I suggest u get either sym joyride200i or S3 as gts got e exhaust issues. I chose e later cos of e better services n assurance of cka. I nearly brought e joyride if not for all bros's advices here n there r alots of kakis here to share abt our's bike issues, so i give up e sym 172cc n hv to b content with S3 125cc now. U can also check out e kymco models at ubi area, chose wisely bro n all e best.

Hey sym7, what sort of exhaust issues are there on the GTS? Hmm yes carefully contemplating the price on the S3, have to say that it's a good scooter. But should i worry about it being a 125cc?

Hey sym7, what sort of exhaust issues are there on the GTS? Hmm yes carefully contemplating the price on the S3, have to say that it's a good scooter. But should i worry about it being a 125cc?

If you read thru the thread here, S3 is slow on the pickup but top speed wise, I'm quite confident it will go beyond the 115km/hr. Torque wise, some dragging is expected for a 125cc unless you mod the bike like what firestation did. Good points are self explanatory. the speedo meter, twin muffler, keyless, wave disc, LED headlights, service at CKA etc:)

e exhaust silencer on gts tends to break inside n e bushings wear out very often due to poor design n quality, u can refer to sym thread for more info. As for sidebox, personally i dun think it is suitable for S3. cc wise it's depend on wat ur expectations as kchiong already mention, e higher cc more power but consume more fuel n vice verse.

Hi guys,

Been a while since my last post.. UPDATE time!

Ok, mileage is now about 2000km, and I managed to clock 490km for one full tank.. I find that Caltex 98 gives me better punch and mileage somehow. Any views on different petrol?

This S3 is receiving praises almost everytime I rode the bike, from my peers and even strangers on the road.. Im really glad to have chosen this bike, so easy and comfortable to ride around.

Sym7, im happy that you got the S3, you are the thread founder too!

Next weekend, Im thinking of going up North with S3. Only problem is, im used to driving up at speed of 160kmh in a car, and Im afraid of the rain and the slower speed.. hohoho

Hi guys,

Ok, mileage is now about 2000km, and I managed to clock 490km for one full tank.. I find that Caltex 98 gives me better punch and mileage somehow. Any views on different petrol?

This S3 is receiving praises almost everytime I rode the bike, from my peers and even strangers on the road.. Im really glad to have chosen this bike, so easy and comfortable to ride around.

Next weekend, Im thinking of going up North with S3. Only problem is, im used to driving up at speed of 160kmh in a car, and Im afraid of the rain and the slower speed.. hohoho

Thanks for e supports of all bros here to make this thread lively also...hehe. Btw wat speed r u travelling since clocking 2k, 80km/hr? I think it will b quite tough to go long distance on 125cc, a bigger cc bike will make ur ride more comfortable n safe bro.

Guys, when u do servicing for 500km at cka, wat did e mechs there do or check anythings beside changing engine oil? did they change gear oil also? thinking of DIY it myself le.

Hi guys, new member here.switched from RWR125. still doing run-in. due to work requirement, hv to go 80-90kmh :(

400km in a week already. oh yes, Hi firestation. haha ur nick look familiar.

random question, is there extra charge for disabling sidestand cut off switch?well, i still find it quite handy. hahahaha

Pray for "P-A-S-S" before every ride. Patience, Alertness, Skillfulness, Safe journey. :angel:

Thanks for the advice there! From what i understand Firestation changed the air filter to K&N only right? The rest of the modifications are aesthetic? I am also curious, can one mount Hepco & Becker Side Boxes on the S3?

Its do-able but crazy, H&B boxes are extremely exp new and heavy unless you're thinking of buying the X-Plorer series.. those will cost you close to a Thousand, you buy the boxes, the rack, still need to customize...its not a good option bro

Hi guys,

Wah steady la, Up north trip, will this be S3's first up north trip? Maybe go as a group:thumb:

Hi guys, new member here.switched from RWR125. still doing run-in. due to work requirement, hv to go 80-90kmh :(

400km in a week already. oh yes, Hi firestation. haha ur nick look familiar.

random question, is there extra charge for disabling sidestand cut off switch?well, i still find it quite handy. hahahaha

No bro, no extra charge, it can be done quite fast 30mins..CKA ma, they're quite experienced...

I just went down to see the S3 today and I am quite happy to say that its really great. Will probably get it in the coming month. Doing the sums now plus considering riding gear and accessories.

Nice.....Outdoorchap you're a safety rider, I bet you're gonna buy a Full face too:):)

Originally Posted by outdoorchap

Thanks for the advice there! From what i understand Firestation changed the air filter to K&N only right? The rest of the modifications are aesthetic? I am also curious, can one mount Hepco & Becker Side Boxes on the S3?

Its do-able but crazy, H&B boxes are extremely exp new and heavy unless you're thinking of buying the X-Plorer series.. those will cost you close to a Thousand, you buy the boxes, the rack, still need to customize...its not a good option bro

Hey! Thanks for the heads up! Yep i went down to M-technik yesterday and the chap said i can mount just about anything for the top box. Probably getting a junior 45l with a luggage rack on top plus back rest. I was considering the xplorer for the top box looks good but cant put alot of things, expensive too! But it is hardier and stronger than the junior so still conflicted. As for the side boxes, he said to ride the S3 down and he'll take a look, but with the faring at the back he said it will be difficult to mount. I told him i don't mind if he drills though the faring and attaches the rack... Still kind of puzzled. Any ideas??

Originally Posted by outdoorchap

I just went down to see the S3 today and I am quite happy to say that its really great. Will probably get it in the coming month. Doing the sums now plus considering riding gear and accessories.

Nice.....Outdoorchap you're a safety rider, I bet you're gonna buy a Full face too

Yes i am, thinking of getting the AGV GP Tech 5 Continents. Plus one Xtream series airbag jacket and the vest. Also getting riding boots. But everything is still under research and contemplation. I want to get this right.

One more thing guys, where can I purchase the K & N Air filter that firestation used to mod his S3? how much is it going for and are there better brands than K & N? Also, would you recommend changing the grips to Rizoma? What tyres should i change the stock ones to?

Thanks!!

Edited by outdoorchap

Thats a good choice Junior 45L can fit 2 FF. BUT still heavy, might I be able to suggest you view GIVI Simply E45L, Or GIVI V46 or even the KAPPA boxes. Those are lighter cheaper and serve the same purpose. PLus they have a curved "ceiling" to accomodate the helmets better. The Junior is Rigidly Rectangular...so might not be able to maximize its usage.

Might want to consider getting Yr Rizoma here. http://www.motoworld.com.sg/news.php

Also in regards to your helmet, for that price do consider Shoei or Arai, quality SO SO SO SO much better, my current AGV AirTech is falling to bits....but ok its an AirTech cost me $300, it wasn't the top range so i guess thats why its cushion is degrading, its vents are broken and the paint cracks easily plus the fact that its 2yrs old....:)

hey DivineCreations, thanks for the advice and the comparison. I am concerned about the quality, and the Hepco and Becker seems to be more sturdy. Any comments on this?

I saw the grips on monday, however still hazy about whether it has fast throttle.

Thanks, shall shop around today! Regina is my stop!

hey DivineCreations, thanks for the advice and the comparison. I am concerned about the quality, and the Hepco and Becker seems to be more sturdy. Any comments on this?I saw the grips on monday, however still hazy about whether it has fast throttle.

Thanks, shall shop around today! Regina is my stop!

Definitely more Solid, we're talking about H&B here man:thumb:, you pick it up yrself you will definitely feel the studiness, thats bcoz its German made and we're talking about the country that made the Panzer Leopard Tanks!!......also its meant for rugged use to withstand the elements....Dude serious try getting the V46 price $380 at Mah Moto. Its a very solid Givi box...How much is the Junior 45L now by the way?