SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ktm adv 950/990

dickies

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Cobweb all over this thread...

Got myself a 6 mth old Orange SMT on the 27 Sep and headed for the 3 NCR in Krabi on the 04 Oct.

Running on reserve gas for 26km when i reach Ayer Keroh.

Running on reserve gas for 16km when i reach Tg Malim

On the return trip to Sgp, tried to act smart after refuel at Ulu Bernam and rode all the way to Pagoh.

Running on reserve gas for the last 55km when i reach Pagoh...cruising the last 50km at 110kph.

The feeling of running out of gas anytime soon is not a pleasant thought to have.

Total clocked 275km with 0.5L petrol left in the tank(OMG).

Awesome bike for it's Handling/Suspension, Engine Power, Slick Gearbox, Powerful Brakes, Addictive Exhaust Sound & SM look & light weight.

Negative are high FC, 19L Gas Tank, V Hot Engine/Exhaust.

Ordered a pair of WINGS to remove the exhaust cat to reduce the engine heat further.

Cheers

Edited by SilverBullet
Updates

• 2 weeks later...
Cobweb all over this thread...

Got myself a 6 mth old Orange SMT on the 27 Sep and headed for the 3 NCR in Krabi on the 04 Oct.

Running on reserve gas for 26km when i reach Ayer Keroh.

Running on reserve gas for 16km when i reach Tg Malim

On the return trip to Sgp, tried to act smart after refuel at Ulu Bernam and rode all the way to Pagoh.

Running on reserve gas for the last 55km when i reach Pagoh...cruising the last 50km at 110kph.

The feeling of running out of gas anytime soon is not a pleasant thought to have.

Total clocked 275km with 0.5L petrol left in the tank(OMG).

Awesome bike for it's Handling/Suspension, Engine Power, Slick Gearbox, Powerful Brakes, Addictive Exhaust Sound & SM look & light weight.

Negative are high FC, 19L Gas Tank, V Hot Engine/Exhaust.

Ordered a pair of WINGS to remove the exhaust cat to reduce the engine heat further.

Cheers

What kind of cruising speed you were averaging at? 110kph? SMT looks tempting but the adventure seems tempting too haha

Cruising between 160 to 170 at NSHW... At times over 200 short period of accelaration.

Came over from a BMW GSA and did not want to risk riding a tube tyre KTM Adv set up.

Tube tyre puntures are a PITA(real pain) to repair to get going again. so the SMT fits what i wanted i.e

1. Supermoto style look

2. Light weight with Great handling

3. Good power V twin engine

4. Tubeless tyre on 17in Marchesini rims

5. WP suspension with full adjustability

6. Brembo brakes with ABS(switchable to Off when required)

7. Able to tour in comfort with panniers/boxes

I think either the SMT or the Adv will not disappoint for sure.

Hi bro... Need advise... Im new to this bike... Im not sure wats leaking... Can u beep me at 93652421

Congrats on the new ride but sorry to hear about e leakage problem.

DirtWheel, Mtechnik or Ideal Motors should be able to rectify defect may it be water, coolant or oil leakage.

Best of Luck

Cruising between 160 to 170 at NSHW... At times over 200 short period of accelaration.

Came over from a BMW GSA and did not want to risk riding a tube tyre KTM Adv set up.

Tube tyre puntures are a PITA(real pain) to repair to get going again. so the SMT fits what i wanted i.e

1. Supermoto style look

2. Light weight with Great handling

3. Good power V twin engine

4. Tubeless tyre on 17in Marchesini rims

5. WP suspension with full adjustability

6. Brembo brakes with ABS(switchable to Off when required)

7. Able to tour in comfort with panniers/boxes

I think either the SMT or the Adv will not disappoint for sure.

True. Hahaha tubes are a pain. Converting them to tubeless not cheap also.

What's the valve servicing requirement for these ktm babies? Every 15000 km? I do know the newer models have extended maintenance interval.

Yep...valve clearance check for the 2012 990 SMT are at 15k I.A.W owners manual.

Don't noe abt other KTM models.

U getting one soon right!!!don't wait too long or u will regret not getting one sooner to

enjoy the experience. Go for it Bro...

Hi all riders!!

By any chance if any of you guys are looking into getting good quality GOREtex jackets/raincoat. Please give my product a consideration too.

link : http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/370050-lt-CMO-gt-SALES-OF-GORETEX-APPARRELS-JACKETS-*Not-Common-Brands*

Alot of color choices and not the common brands of raincoat riders are using. Quality of water resistant is as good as NS issued. However, it's of a much thinner layers to suit our hot climate. Mutiple air ventilation zippers on the jacket too for riding during the day to protect from sun. More info please refer to thread or contact us! Thanks and ride safe! Cheers!~~

Yep...valve clearance check for the 2012 990 SMT are at 15k I.A.W owners manual.

Don't noe abt other KTM models.

U getting one soon right!!!don't wait too long or u will regret not getting one sooner to

enjoy the experience. Go for it Bro...

Haha always wanted to own a ktm brudder. But scared of maintenance and spare parts especially since I don't know of anybody personally who owns one so don't know if the story is true. But ktm SMT is definitely fun and fierce, more practical. You got panniers on yours?

It came with a black OEM KTM Alu top box, centre stand, crash bar and touring tall screen with front/rear axle sliders.

Previous owner adjusted the front/rear suspension settings to max hard everywhere and i find the setting very uncomfortable for touring.

Handling was really bad and was like riding a bike with no suspension.

Have since adjusted the setting to my liking and riding style.

I have since added the OEM KTM SMT panniers, on line buy front mud guard extender and the Wings slip on.

Lovin it but a little bit throttle happy for now....cant help it cos the exhaust sound is shiok.....

Agreed the OEM panniers are really small in capacity but it shape and size compliment the bike well.

Just have to plan better what to carry during longer trips.

The Orange SMT at Speedway is sold liao...bought by me somewhere end Sep...unless Ah Tiong have another used SMT for sale.

Anyway all the best to your search bro.

Hi, I'm in the market looking to buy an adventure bike. KTM 990 Adventure is on my list. I would like to verify if the stock version comes with tube or tubeless tires? ..I'm looking at buying brand new (2013 version). Their website don't state if it uses tube or tubeless.

Any owners here can advice? thx.

Hi, I'm in the market looking to buy an adventure bike. KTM 990 Adventure is on my list. I would like to verify if the stock version comes with tube or tubeless tires? ..I'm looking at buying brand new (2013 version). Their website don't state if it uses tube or tubeless.

Any owners here can advice? thx.

tube man. There are online videos that show you how to convert them but need to literally take out the rims out and work on them.

thanks mate.

Tube is really bad. Had a friend on a beemer with tube, and punctured. a pain in the ass to change, and you can't even push the bike without the tyre coming off. The KTM Adventure is a great bike, think they really should change it to tubeless. Seems too troublesome/costly to do DIY conversion after buying bike.

tube man. There are online videos that show you how to convert them but need to literally take out the rims out and work on them.