SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Info] Cambodia

neoseeker

Originally posted by YZFx@May 03, 2007 07:36 pm

i dont know... but confrim it is whisky... as i read this story of his from his book...

izzt so?

how do u know izzt WHISKY in it..............? as izzt only said in the book?

as the Petrol i saw there is in Green n Yellow in Colour la?

as there r lot of ppl selling petrol by the roadside unless izzt a open patch of road, so izzt will not be to hard to find Petrol but there r sure to have ppl selling petrol in those small town.....

YzFx, maybe u can go there n try to ride there as izzt good place to ride form Phnom Penh to Siem Reap u can fly there to rent XR 250 US$10....... n maybe u can try abit more place.......

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by YZFx@May 03, 2007 07:36 pm

i dont know... but confrim it is whisky... as i read this story of his from his book...

izzt so?

as there r lot of ppl selling petrol by the roadside unless izzt a open patch of road, so izzt will not be to hard to find Petrol but there r sure to have ppl selling petrol in those small town.....

YzFx, maybe u can go there n try to ride there as izzt good place to ride form Phnom Penh to Siem Reap u can fly there to rent XR 250 US$10....... n maybe u can try abit more place.......

My Webpage

Originally posted by shoei_com@May 03, 2007 09:56 pm

izzt so?

My Webpage

u r right... it was written in the book.... so i would believe what the book says... i mean... y would the publisher wanna publish something which is not true?? it will affect their name for doing so.... and in fact, i qouted the story from the famous LONELY PLANET.... which is a well know publisher for travelling... for facts... for truth....

right??? well... i believe what the book says... anyway... not really that important har... its juz for the sharing purpose...

well... ride in cambodia... y not?? sure sounds fun to me... :smile:

Originally posted by YZFx@May 05, 2007 11:31 am

u r right... it was written in the book.... so i would believe what the book says... i mean... y would the publisher wanna publish something which is not true?? it will affect their name for doing so.... and in fact, i qouted the story from the famous LONELY PLANET.... which is a well know publisher for travelling... for facts... for truth....

right??? well... i believe what the book says... anyway... not really that important har... its juz for the sharing purpose...

well... ride in cambodia... y not?? sure sounds fun to me... :smile:

ok, OIC.....

:smile:

Guys, need your help on this...

what bikes can i rent when over at cambodia? the insurance / price / ride... any details on them??

also any recommended routes to take? i'm thinking of taking a one-way flight to phnom Penh, rent a bike or take a train to Battambang, and proceed to Siem Reap. and then depart back to singapore from Siem Reap.

Appreciate help... :smile:

Originally posted by fatpigsociety@May 17, 2007 01:52 pm

Pauche,

do you still have the maps and such for your trip to cambodia? total how many days travelled??

total cost as well??

thanks.. :cheeky:

hi, i rely mainly on my GPS for navigation. nevertheless, u can order the Gecko map online as that is the best road map ever produced.

for more in-depth details, pls refer to this page

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Originally posted by fatpigsociety@May 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Thanks alot pauche.. =)

will checkout all the sites listed in your blog..

hope to plan a good trip up either backpack or ride......:cheeky:

Fly there if you only have a week to see Cambodia. Rent a bike for about US$8-15 per day, but try to avoid going to Sihanoukville as there are some police roadblocks at the main roundabout as reported by fellow bikers. That roundabout is super huge, with 7 exits and it links the different ares of Sihanoukville together.

The law in Cambodia states that only people with a valid local licence can ride/drive a local vehicle. So even if you have an International Driving Licence, it's useless in Cambodia.

But if you have at least 2-3 weeks to spare, ride there with your own bike to explore different areas in Cambodia. You save more time with your own transport and you do not need to rely on bus timings or taxi to bring you around. Town/city maps are readily available at hotels/pubs. Alternatively, get a Gecko map from online websites. Mine was loaned from a friend and I had returned it to him months ago.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

• 1 month later...
Humm, funny enconter... I would save the money and just buy cooking oil for the tank, and keep the whiskey for myself then.

Cooking oil can double-up as engine oil in emergency i heard. But as petrol, dun tink so.

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Road Conditions

Poipet to Sisophon (Route 5, 51km, 1hr) - This section is surfaced but quite rough in spots. A lot of big big potholes that will keep your speed below 50km/h.

Sisophon to Siem Reap (Route 6, 105km, 2hrs) - The first 75km is unpaved road, some are paved, while some are loose sand with plenty of red dust. Lots of broken bridges are under construction. Meanwhile, you need to divert quite a number of times. The last 30km is broken tarmac roads with plenty of potholes.

any updates on the road conditions at the present moment...

how long it take for SG registered bikes to cross the Aranyaprathet - Poipet border?

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi Pauche,

am planing to ride up to Cambodia. Where did you purchase your bike insurance for Cambodia? What other documents do I need to get through the custom? Is it the same documents like Thailand? Please advise. Thanks.

Fly there if you only have a week to see Cambodia. Rent a bike for about US$8-15 per day, but try to avoid going to Sihanoukville as there are some police roadblocks at the main roundabout as reported by fellow bikers. That roundabout is super huge, with 7 exits and it links the different ares of Sihanoukville together.

The law in Cambodia states that only people with a valid local licence can ride/drive a local vehicle. So even if you have an International Driving Licence, it's useless in Cambodia.

But if you have at least 2-3 weeks to spare, ride there with your own bike to explore different areas in Cambodia. You save more time with your own transport and you do not need to rely on bus timings or taxi to bring you around. Town/city maps are readily available at hotels/pubs. Alternatively, get a Gecko map from online websites. Mine was loaned from a friend and I had returned it to him months ago.

Hi Pauche,

am planing to ride up to Cambodia. Where did you purchase your bike insurance for Cambodia? What other documents do I need to get through the custom? Is it the same documents like Thailand? Please advise. Thanks.

travel insurance can get at border. try to bargain if u find it ex. just bring ur log card let them photocopy, not a prob for me to enter and exit

any updates on the road conditions at the present moment...

how long it take for SG registered bikes to cross the Aranyaprathet - Poipet border?

if u got the proper forms, within an hour.

if u go without form, 2 hours.

road is perfect, but too many insects