SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Import a NOS white Honda VFR800

ah_pug

Hi guys,

after spending quite a bit of time looking for a used VFR800 with OEM panniers, i come across this advertisment:

http://www.doble.co.uk/theBikes/usedBikes/fullUsedBikeDetails.asp?bikeRef=6272

wow, this VFR800 looks stunning in white and black colour scheme with those OEM panniers as standard.

Does any one have any idea was VFR800 in this colour scheme imported locally?

I was toying with idea of self importing this particular example as i was captivated by the colour scheme and those white rims.

Any idea how will the process be and is it worthwhile the effort?

TIA

Kenneth

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that bike is technically a new bike. i expect the total package to be above S$20k, but by how much, i am not really sure.

Anyone know how much does a new VFR800 ABS last sold for locally? If it was about the same price, it could a good consideration.

I would love to get a new VFR to keep for quite a while as i love the overall package of the VFR800 with OEM panniers (V4 sound, sharp looks, single-sided swingarm, underseat exhaust, only lacking a USD fork)

I cannot not say so for the VFR1200 which looks really quite weird to me, and really expensive (last enquired was a cool S$34k for the manual model, no panniers)

• 3 months later...

Hello Hell Angel,

I believe VFR800 production had stopped for some time now.

To have an idea of what you need to do to import the bike from UK to our shores, do check out this blog by a guy who have done it.

http://f800gsrider.blogspot.com/2009/04/self-importing-motorbike-from-uk-to.html

I did consider that, but was put off after considering the effort to benefit trade-off.

Regards,

Kenneth

• 1 month later...