SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sym newbie and old sheep fans club ^^

EzeBiker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sym fc is about 25km/litr+- is it normal..? I saw some ppl said stm gts 200 about 30km/litr?! Anybody know..? And how about running in..? I change the engine oil at 300km and 600km, now is about 800km . After 1000km do i need to change again..? Good starting question for the new thread :thumb:

Next engine oil change should be 3000km -- at least that's what my EVO 200i manual says. I actually skipped the 1000 km "servicing" cos it only consists of a few checks, some of which you can easily do yourself, eg tyre pressure. Note that the transmission oil also needs to be replaced every 5000 km.

Next engine oil change should be 3000km -- at least that's what my EVO 200i manual says. I actually skipped the 1000 km "servicing" cos it only consists of a few checks, some of which you can easily do yourself, eg tyre pressure. Note that the transmission oil also needs to be replaced every 5000 km.

Next eo change at 3000km i abit scare. Hehe think i chnage a 1000+k hehe

Wa bro, whats is the different between normal and evo? I nv see before?! now you still running?

Next eo change at 3000km i abit scare. Hehe think i chnage a 1000+k hehe

Wa bro, whats is the different between normal and evo? I nv see before?! now you still running?

It's the "i" that actually marks the difference between GTS200 and 200i. The former has a carburetor whereas the latter makes use of an electronic fuel injection system -- so, no carburetor.

I am a newbie, just like you. My odometer now reads about 1200 km.

Read the manual carefully. The last two pages give details of when you should send your bike for service and what should be done at each service.

It's the "i" that actually marks the difference between GTS200 and 200i. The former has a carburetor whereas the latter makes use of an electronic fuel injection system -- so, no carburetor.

I am a newbie, just like you. My odometer now reads about 1200 km.

Read the manual carefully. The last two pages give details of when you should send your bike for service and what should be done at each service.

Then bro how much $$ different 'i' and not 'i'? And usually your traveling speed is how much??

The price difference is about $600.

I am not really into travelling at high speeds and feel comfortable cruising at 80 km/hr along the expressway most times. On our city streets, the speed would be much slower, of course. A regular uncle.... ha, ha.

Hehe not really uncle la. Is a safe speed. i also travel at 80-90 very comfortable speed:) sometimes going out with friends the ride sp or s4 want to chasing them, very siong sia. My sheep screaming like hell. Lol think we find some SBF scooter member go out tgt better. Lol organizer a food trip :cool:

wow you guys really follow the manual :) ....what i know , for me change eo after 2k non -synthetic and 3k for Full Synthetic .... major service around 15k -17K (Belting etc) . Always ask them to check battery just incase . Change Tyre before my 1st inspection() . Servicing > I go to Power wheel at Tampines . Dont forget to check Brakepad too since we use brake often for Autobike..... Ride safe .....

Hi, just thinking of getting a 2nd hand EVO or GTS, any advise for lookup , eg engine, leak, vibration, etc?

Also, can new sheep owner advice me what items come with it when collecting your sheep? don't quite like to be cheated on 'this don't have, that don't have' nonsense.

Thank you.

Edited by deepblur

wow you guys really follow the manual :) ....what i know , for me change eo after 2k non -synthetic and 3k for Full Synthetic .... major service around 15k -17K (Belting etc) . Always ask them to check battery just incase . Change Tyre before my 1st inspection() . Servicing > I go to Power wheel at Tampines . Dont forget to check Brakepad too since we use brake often for Autobike..... Ride safe .....

Hey bro, thanks for you sharing the information for us( new sheep) :cheers: what brand eo you recommend?

How long are you being riding gts..?

Edited by EzeBiker

I am still doing my engine run in and plan to go servicing at 800km. Basically beside change oil wat usually they do? Kindly advice or any recommendation on wat to do. I am riding gts200.

Bro, if want change eo change the eo special for scooter one. I try normal and special for scooter one. Really got different :thumb:

Hi, just thinking of getting a 2nd hand EVO or GTS, any advise for lookup , eg engine, leak, vibration, etc?

Also, can new sheep owner advice me what items come with it when collecting your sheep? don't quite like to be cheated on 'this don't have, that don't have' nonsense.

Thank you.

Hi bro, welcome to join sheep club lol.first thing important is, "how long you want to ride" for me cause i decided to ride this black sheep for few yrs so i getting new one:) if you interested in new gts i got lobang. I got a friend work at MAH private( direct agent company) they wouldn't cheats you all small small things, maybe with some free gift :cool:

Hey bro, thanks for you sharing the information for us( new sheep) :cheers: what brand eo you recommend?

How long are you being riding gts..?

3yrs :) ...... power wheel > castrol semi-syn $12 :) .... one more thing ,pls check your coolent once a while especially after 11/2 year if you nvr topup before:) ... get mechanic to check spark plug and change if needed . GTS200 great bike , . so far no mod and my battery still can last till today .

How is the offer about, maybe you can share more info pls.

Hi bro, welcome to join sheep club lol.first thing important is, "how long you want to ride" for me cause i decided to ride this black sheep for few yrs so i getting new one:) if you interested in new gts i got lobang. I got a friend work at MAH private( direct agent company) they wouldn't cheats you all small small things, maybe with some free gift :cool:

How is the offer about, maybe you can share more info pls.

Like sym gts 200 machine is $4700 +coe$1600(currently)+ iu $150+insurance( depending your age) + GST= 7000+ on the road. Get from MAH private better, cause got anything he is the agent of sym.:thumb:

I not sure what are the free gift mah will given, maybe helmet or something :)

For all SYMmers, I would recommend using AGIP 10W-40 City Tech Fully Syn.

I have been using so many brands of EO and this AGIP is the best for SYM :thumb:

I can feel the smoothness as compare to other EO.

P/S DOnt ever use Caltex EO on yr SYM..i tried before its freaking noisy!

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/14045926/640/14045926.jpg

Hi Ill be joining real sym soon! We can all share abt running in and service-ing! I think i will b doing hard run in, train him(200i evo) to b fit from start, haha.

Be sure to read this article because it tells you how you should run-in your bike properly. Note that the advice contradicts what the manual recommends. So you have to decide which is the right method for you. I followed the advice of the article and so far, everything's fine with my bike.

Be sure to read this article because it tells you how you should run-in your bike properly. Note that the advice contradicts what the manual recommends. So you have to decide which is the right method for you. I followed the advice of the article and so far, everything's fine with my bike.

Thanks yeokh! i diecide for hard run in coz i read about how u do hard run in for ur 200i evo. i read thru it when i have time after work! Btw u buy ur bike from mah right? what the freebie they gave u? colour of ur ride?