SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sym newbie and old sheep fans club ^^

EzeBiker

Bro, care to share why you prefer Evo 200i instead of GTS200?

How much you get your EVO?

Thanks yeokh! i diecide for hard run in coz i read about how u do hard run in for ur 200i evo. i read thru it when i have time after work! Btw u buy ur bike from mah right? what the freebie they gave u? colour of ur ride?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks yeokh! i diecide for hard run in coz i read about how u do hard run in for ur 200i evo. i read thru it when i have time after work! Btw u buy ur bike from mah right? what the freebie they gave u? colour of ur ride?

"freebies"? Just the usual... box, helmet. Got a raincoat at a discounted price. Color of bike is silver.

Bro, care to share why you prefer Evo 200i instead of GTS200?

How much you get your EVO?

Hmm top factor is cox 200i evo is efi therefore easily to mantain n i just hate d single eye light of gts200, its just me.

& 200i evo is newer and gts200 just too many on road. i think both are the same expect engine, fuel tank and design outlook.

Hope this help, cheers!

havnt buy yet, but will get by end of the month, pray coe go dw!

i was quoted around 8000+ all in.

For all SYMmers, I would recommend using AGIP 10W-40 City Tech Fully Syn.

I have been using so many brands of EO and this AGIP is the best for SYM :thumb:

I can feel the smoothness as compare to other EO.

P/S DOnt ever use Caltex EO on yr SYM..i tried before its freaking noisy!

Thanks for the info . So far i only use Mobil and castrol :) depedn on the Bike shop.

Check with you guys , iif i buy new one from other shop can we go to MAH for servicing since they are the agent? My bikeshop only change eo and nvr check other stuff (reason why i go POWER WHEEL)

Bro, I think 8K is abit too high, early 7K should be more friendly (just my thinking anyway). GTS is very early 7K, so evo (cheaper or more exp?) should be around this range.

Coz to me, if it cost 8K, I rather consider PCX, for the FC and better technology (Honda), but there again, too many electronic can be trouble in the long run. This is also another consideration for evo over GTS, carb is still easier to maintain compared to fuel injection (cheaper).

Cross road for me too, new or 2nd hand, evo or GTS? sigh.....

frm mah. i tot for joyride 200i evo is abt that price?

good if u can enlighten me with a shop with gd price, thanks!

Cheers gd morning sym-ers.

Price of bike also depends on COE.... so it will defer from one month to the next. But there is a significant price difference between GTS and EVO cos the latter has efi.

Bought my evo for $7900 at Mah. Was quoted $7300 for GTS. This was about two months ago.

Cannot really compare PCX with GTS or EVO since the Honda is only a 125 cc bike whereas the Sym bikes are 170 cc.

Or rather, from the perspective of engine capacity, the Honda is actually much more expensive.

Thanks for the info . So far i only use Mobil and castrol :) depedn on the Bike shop.

Check with you guys , iif i buy new one from other shop can we go to MAH for servicing since they are the agent? My bikeshop only change eo and nvr check other stuff (reason why i go POWER WHEEL)

Hi if im not wrong, saw it frm somewhere in the sym cafe saying that if u didnt buy frm mah, they wont service ur bike at all.

Can try future scooter or AC motor in serangoon north?

Cheers

Bro, I think 8K is abit too high, early 7K should be more friendly (just my thinking anyway). GTS is very early 7K, so evo (cheaper or more exp?) should be around this range.

Coz to me, if it cost 8K, I rather consider PCX, for the FC and better technology (Honda), but there again, too many electronic can be trouble in the long run. This is also another consideration for evo over GTS, carb is still easier to maintain compared to fuel injection (cheaper).

Cross road for me too, new or 2nd hand, evo or GTS? sigh.....

I am in ur shoe before, haha.

1st if u want d best cost will b 2nd hand gts200, as i dont think 200i evo have no or few 2nd hand as its quite new, i maybe wrong!

the reson being y i choose 200i evo is coz of the outlook and efi and it newer than gts200 but with all d same goodness of gts200.

i just dont like gts200 outlook and there too much gts on road, abit lik super4. haha!

Pcx is not on my list as it 125cc and it cost more and i dont like the design but it honda, but i heard from alot dealer that taiwan scooter are good coz the taiwan market is all scooter.

ok overall im a very visual person,lol.

price is abt 7.2-7.6 for gts200 and 8-8++ for 200i evo. depanding on insurance and coe!

Cheers

I found a evo 200i around 2 years for around 4k, mileage around 15k is this good buy?

My personal opinions:

1. need major servicing - change belt, rollers, eo, gear oil, dunno what else, est at least $300.

2. tyres almost botak - both cost another $200 est.

So all and all it will cost around $4.5k consider if nothing major go heywire, insurance ($?), transfer fee + road tax (~$100)

So So total cost around $5k.

BTW, anyone have good recommendation on tyres? where and how much?

Looking backward, if new cost around $8k (as quoted by my friend) with insurance, is the $3k saving justified to take the risk?

So evo is actually more expensive than GTS? I always though it was the other way round. :p

The very attractive point for PCX is FC, 45km/l, almost impossible to beat for any other scooters.

Also, although it is only 125cc, but it is very stable and handling is superb (I try it before), I hate it super small fuel tank, but in actual fact, it runs about the same distance to dry as GTS. And it go up to 100km/h no problem with the 14" wheels.

Cannot really compare PCX with GTS or EVO since the Honda is only a 125 cc bike whereas the Sym bikes are 170 cc.

Or rather, from the perspective of engine capacity, the Honda is actually much more expensive.

Theoretically, EFi should have better pick-up and usually top-speed as the mapping for fuel/air is better managed.

Carb can tune for good pick-up or top speed but hard to have both, as the fuel/air mixture will off the optimal setting for either one.

Agree! but top speed & pick-up will b same for both right? as they are running on almost d same thing.

I found a evo 200i around 2 years for around 4k, mileage around 15k is this good buy?

My personal opinions:

1. need major servicing - change belt, rollers, eo, gear oil, dunno what else, est at least $300.

2. tyres almost botak - both cost another $200 est.

So all and all it will cost around $4.5k consider if nothing major go heywire, insurance ($?), transfer fee + road tax (~$100)

So So total cost around $5k.

BTW, anyone have good recommendation on tyres? where and how much?

Looking backward, if new cost around $8k (as quoted by my friend) with insurance, is the $3k saving justified to take the risk?

So evo is actually more expensive than GTS? I always though it was the other way round. :p

I would buy a new bike, as it would give me a piece of mind but provided u are rideing the bike for long and no plan to upgrade lik after 1 or 2 yrs.

if new bike gt any problem u can wheel bk to d dealer and it must b solve by them, but 2nd hand after sale mean gd game.

& u nv know how the ex owner trash the bike.

Theoretically, EFi should have better pick-up and usually top-speed as the mapping for fuel/air is better managed.

Carb can tune for good pick-up or top speed but hard to have both, as the fuel/air mixture will off the optimal setting for either one.

Thanks for the helpful info, learn something new again frm this forum!

frm mah. i tot for joyride 200i evo is abt that price?

good if u can enlighten me with a shop with gd price, thanks!

Cheers gd morning sym-ers.

Ic..bro i can recommend you,can contact me . :cool:

WElcome to join sheep club !:thumb:

Edited by EzeBiker