SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

<Scooter Trip> Cameron Highlands 19-21 Oct 2012

Brembo

Which Dates for the Cameron trip are good for most of us?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dates for the Cameron trip are good for most of us?

• 19th Oct 2012 (Friday) to 21st Oct 2012 (Sunday)
    • 2nd Nov 2012 (Friday) to 4th Nov 2012 (Sunday)
    • 10th Nov (Sat) to 13th Nov (Tues) - (could consider Hatyai if this date confirm)

Hi Brembo

for the date of Oct 26(Fri) to 28(Sun)

do you think it is a good idea ? because 26 is the Hari Raya Haji holiday....

do you think booking of hotel could be a problem in Cameron ?

Hey Foster bro,

I thought about this dates too.

But experience tells me that there will be an exodus of local holiday-makers driving up on 26th and heading down

on the 28th.

The ascend and descend will not be pleasant, we will be reduced to the sandy shoulders all the time.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way cameron highland is not far. to mountain top near 600km. Even travel at 110kph, just closed to 7 hrs with lunch and few shorter breaks in between..Hmmm...possible not to do overnight riding?

Night convoy is ok as long as Lead Bike has big big headlights to spot cows, dogs and monkeys on the highways.

Cooling ride and can see stars. Also will bypass the massive jam if trip is on Haji holiday.

Only need to spend some time near dawn (5am-6am) to really freshen up because the ZZzz monsters are badass, especially for 1st timers.

Is there some place we can lie down and nap, before we head up the mountain in the wee hours of morning? recharge a bit else cold air + no sleep = close eyes while riding. hahaha ..some more scooter seat so comfy, make me feel like on a sofa wanna zzzzz

I wanted to do this the night trip mainly is for those 1st timers who wanted to do thailand next April, a preview of nocturnal riding :)

Nocturnal riding is a little different,

Agreed with David (SW9000) on the ample lights we must have, the stars and the cool temperatures and best of all,

thank goodness escaping the daytime traffic!

But more all other factors, they are more challenging, everywhere is darkness,

u r like riding with the guys but you are like by yourself, alone.

Most of us would inevitably go into what i would described as "semi-fixation-riding" :

in the 1st hour(s) into darkness you could still maintain in the state of normal, longer when the traffic is heavier

gradually after traffic dies down further up north, especially the stretch after KL street lamps ceased and the roads become empty...

our eyes are designed to follow lights, so you probably will focus most of the time, the tail lights of your buddies infront

cus thats about the onli distinct lights available...

your mind will be subconscious on the road happenings but the other big part of it, is either in a blank or racing thoughts.

once these symptoms occurs, there is a possibility fatique sets in and u starts your REMs, fighting with your eyelids to stay open. :lol:

after all these years of riding thru these dark roads, fatique still fights with me but the tour buddies and i always have some ways of mischief (ie test top speed, overtaking, do speed burst etc) along the way to beat fatique, moreover i love to take these durations to sort out my thoughts too.

Of course, it is in my wishlist that our young tourers get to experience it as well...

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

I wanted to do this the night trip mainly is for those 1st timers who wanted to do thailand next April, a preview of nocturnal riding :)

Nocturnal riding is a little different,

Agreed with David (SW9000) on the ample lights we must have, the stars and the cool temperatures and best of all,

thank goodness escaping the daytime traffic!

But more all other factors, they are more challenging, everywhere is darkness,

u r like riding with the guys but you are like by yourself, alone.

Most of us would inevitably go into what i would described as "semi-fixation-riding" :

in the 1st hour(s) into darkness you could still maintain in the state of normal, longer when the traffic is heavier

gradually after traffic dies down further up north, especially the stretch after KL street lamps ceased and the roads become empty...

our eyes are designed to follow lights, so you probably will focus most of the time, the tail lights of your buddies infront

cus thats about the onli distinct lights available...

your mind will be subconscious on the road happenings but the other big part of it, is either in a blank or racing thoughts.

once these symptoms occurs, there is a possibility fatique sets in and u starts your REMs, fighting with your eyelids to stay open. :lol:

after all these years of riding thru these dark roads, fatique still fights with me but the tour buddies and i always have some ways of mischief (ie test top speed, overtaking, do speed burst etc) along the way to beat fatique, moreover i love to take these durations to sort out my thoughts too.

Of course, it is in my wishlist that our young tourers get to experience it as well...

Wow...night riding so interesting...so many things to learn lei...must teach me when I go hor... :angel:

OLD NO GO, NEW NO COME.

i didnt know that 26th is a public hols weekend. so i would take back that indication. anyway, i voted 19 Oct.

time to bring stadium lights lah since so dark.. lol.. maybe add some disco led lights and attach stereo system on bike can blast music all the way.. then wont fall asleep. LOL

how about this? ->

Wow...night riding so interesting...so many things to learn lei...must teach me when I go hor... :angel:

From what u said u must b a very new rider!

newbie u watch n learn ok, oni the experienced ones can attain tat state.

not easy ah... :lol:

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

FINALISED DATE - 19th Oct to 21st Oct

Ignore the poll this time, i realised that most newbies are available on the oct slot.

This trip is mainly for them thus the decision is set on this oct dates.

in a nutshell

- meet and set off from Gelah Patah Petronas about 1130pm on 18th Oct Thursday

- ETA Simpang Pulai Foothill 7 hours est. (depending on our break frequencies)

Those confirmed so far...

1. Me - Tmax

2. Matt Tan - X9 500

3. Momo - Silverwing

4. Rusty - Maxsym

5. Calvin - Silverwing

6. Tabung - Majesty 400

The rest i would like to have their confirmation by this week.

as I need to book the apartments then.

to-be confirmed

1. Gamer - GTS

2. Sam - Burgy 650

3. Lebon - Silverwing

4. Parotae - Downtown

5. Nakano - Tmax

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

Latest Updates

I have blocked 2 apartments at Arabella, at least for the 6 of us who are confirmed.

Will block another one when there are more confirmed participant

There are 3 rooms with at least a queen size bed (or 2 single beds) in them and a living room plus a kitchen.

Thus luxuriously, one apartment can accomodate the following config

1. 3 single riders or up to 6 riders, if they are willing to share beds

2. 3 couples

Last trip i remembered there is one or two mattresses for living room masters.

Cost will be shared among each person sharing the apartment.

Deadline for confirmation is Thursday!

Grouping are as follows (for the time being)

1st apartment

1. Calvin n wifey

2. Rusty n wifey

3. Tabung

2nd Apartment - smoking apartment :lol:

1. Me n Wifey

2. Mao n Wifey

3. Matt n Sandy

Edited by Brembo

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

LATEST UPDATES

Rooms are Booked and Paid for (by me :cry: )

Note: I hope for your understanding but anyone who has to back out from now, still have to pay for share of the rooms

Arrangements for the rooms are as follows

1st apartment

1. Calvin n wifey

2. Rusty n wifey

3. Tabung

2nd Apartment - smoking apartment

1. Me n Wifey

2. Mao n Wifey

3. Matt n Sandy

4. Donny - Living Room Master

3rd Apartment - Tagger's apartment

1. Jacky

2. Richard

3. -empty- (room here for those who still wish to join)

There are options for "Living Room Master" spaces for another max 2 to 3 riders, There will be good mattresses provided.

But please note, for the goodwill of touring, the cost of the rooms will be equally shared, regardless of roomers or not.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

There is a leisure meet up for top up tonight for the participants.

We will be heading to bukit indah (or kulai) via 2nd link.

Non participants are welcome to join.

MEET 1100pm at TUAS SPC

whoever is interested to go can just sms or whatapps me at 96689088 (John)

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

LATEST UPDATES

Rooms are Booked and Paid for (by me :cry: )

Note: I hope for your understanding but anyone who has to back out from now, still have to pay for share of the rooms

Arrangements for the rooms are as follows

1st apartment

1. Calvin n wifey

2. Rusty n wifey

3. Tabung

2nd Apartment - smoking apartment

1. Me n Wifey

2. Mao n Wifey

3. Matt n Sandy

4. Donny - Living Room Master

3rd Apartment - Tagger's apartment

1. Jacky

2. Richard

3. -empty- (room here for those who still wish to join)

There are options for "Living Room Master" spaces for another max 2 to 3 riders, There will be good mattresses provided.

But please note, for the goodwill of touring, the cost of the rooms will be equally shared, regardless of roomers or not.

Donny dont have to be living room master liao. :angel:

He can sleep with me. :lol:

:angry: Road to Endless Destination is still burning. :angry:

1 more week ....Cameron Highlands.......

bro, u got all your stuff ready?

I knew u got your komine hehe, but gloves?

u could also bring your bomber jacket, cus it should be slightly cooler there.

Just hope that the weather will be perfect, cloudy but no rain...

Some places to note:

1.Gunung (Mount) Brinchang. At 6,666 feet above sea level, this is the highest point in Malaysia which is accessible by car.

At the top of the mountain is a radio and television station. Close to the installation is a 15 m high “Observation Tower”.

This is the best place to get a good view of the Cameron Highlands and the neighbouring state of Perak.

(but so far all the times I went to the tower, we were masked by the cold fog :lol: )

2. Boh Tea Centre and Sg Palas Plantation, (follow the main road from Brinchang towards Kg Raja.

After the Equatorial Hotel, look for signs and then turn left into the narrow hill road.

The junction faces a row of stalls selling fruits and vegetables from the Kea Farm and can be easily missed.).

Operated by Malaysia's largest tea company, BOH.

The drive up the hill can be very narrow at stages, so caution should be shown when driving up.

The view from the top of nearby hill at the plantation is well worth the effort of climbing up.

There is this "balcony" which stretch out of the hill so that you could sip your tea and enjoy the view

3. Various plantations like cactus farm and rose farm. probably own-time-own-target for this one

4. Brinchang night market - http://www.cameronhighland.net/night-market.htm

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

Hi John! Leon here! You guys stay safe and have a good trip. If I had leave, this old geezer would follow you but unfortunately am booked solid right through December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Leon Bro! You join me soon alright!

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

one week from now...

Be reminded to do your own due dilligent check and services on your scooters.

this season is expected to be rainy, so have along good rain gears and try to wear waterproof shoes if you have.

We can travel slow but we hate to travel wet...and especially when it wet and cold in the hills!

Bring ample money (not too much though)

est 1500km 2 ways. most of us will probably require at least 3 full tank to reach one way.

use this information to roughly calculate your petrol cost.

There are money changers up the hill (i remember there is the last time)

so still can change some money there.

Those who have not paid to me can pay me during the trip.

Please prepare ringits for me, contact me (96689088) for exact amount.

MEET 2300hr (11pm) on 18th Oct 2012, Thursday, at Tuas SPC

See u guys in 7 days!

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!