Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Can Singaporean Buy and Use Motorcycle in Malaysia?


whazisnehm
Go to solution Solved by adesmond2,

Recommended Posts

Hi Gang,

Can you help please. Tried searching for an answer and getting different answers. The assumption is that the person is not intending to ride that motorcycle into Singapore. 

Questions:

1. Can a Singaporean buy a used/new motorcycle in Malaysia in thier name?

2. What if the Singaporean only has a social visit pass. Is this still possible 

3. If yes so far, can this Singaporean ride this Malaysian owned motorcycle into Thailand? 

Thanks in advance. Hoping someone has gone through this and can share.

 

 

Edited by whazisnehm
Spelling error
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • whazisnehm changed the title to Can Singaporean Buy and Use Motorcycle in Malaysia?
1 hour ago, whazisnehm said:

Hi Gang,

Can you help please. Tried searching for an answer and getting different answers. The assumption is that the person is not intending to ride that motorcycle into Singapore. 

Questions:

1. Can a Singaporean buy a used/new motorcycle in Malaysia in thier name?

2. What if the Singaporean only has a social visit pass. Is this still possible 

3. If yes so far, can this Singaporean ride this Malaysian owned motorcycle into Thailand? 

Thanks in advance. Hoping someone has gone through this and can share.

 

 

1) can with full cash

2) Yes possible.

3) Might have issue unless you have a house in Malaysia. Bike need to register at an address and the address need to be under your name.. so your "log/registeration card of the bike" is all the same. 

 

Never gone thru, but did have the same tots as you and did some digging around previously.

Main question - do you have a house in Malaysia that's currently has someone staying? *Cannot be a empty house.. else 100% bike stolen while no one is at home..

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
1 minute ago, whazisnehm said:

Thanks a bunch! 

This is indeed very helpful. Appreciate your kind reply.

Don't own a house in Malaysia, considering renting one. You're very right about that empty house. Thanks for the heads up. 

I didn't have a house as well.. 

Did considered to buy one for retirement then buy one kup + 1 class 2 (later on).. but after some research with my Malaysian friends.. give up the idea.. 

if no one stay on a daily basis, another Malaysian can just "moved" in if you are not around for extend period of time.. then proclaim as theirs if neighbours know them instead of you.. can get very very problematic.. 

even if not move in.. hearsay, your house could get dismantled until left with "bare walls".. so.. nvm ba.. LOL.. occasionally go in stay hotel.. can already.. LOL..

Unless have a Malaysia wife then diff story from there.. :) 

  • Thanks 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, whazisnehm said:

Hi Gang,

Can you help please. Tried searching for an answer and getting different answers. The assumption is that the person is not intending to ride that motorcycle into Singapore. 

 

 

Questions:

1. Can a Singaporean buy a used/new motorcycle in Malaysia in thier name?

 

 

2. What if the Singaporean only has a social visit pass. Is this still possible 

3. If yes so far, can this Singaporean ride this Malaysian owned motorcycle into Thailand? 

 

 

Thanks in advance. Hoping someone has gone through this and can share.

 

 

Hello,

Been thinking of doing the same myself but not am not Singaporean, and also don't have a house in Malaysia.

However I saw that some guys from New Zealand bought kapcais in KL and rode them to Bangkok - so should be possible. See their vlog / channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVaWriiQ5gM&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCDPOmUh3c

 

I don't know what address they used or how they did the paperwork though. They also had the bikes disassembled at the end of their journey in Bangkok , brought some parts home (like the engine) but I believe they gave the frames to the locals there, so no idea if they did any paperwork at the end e.g. declare exported etc

Edited by Junglizt1210
add additional link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, Junglizt1210 said:

Hello,

Been thinking of doing the same myself but not am not Singaporean, and also don't have a house in Malaysia.

However I saw that some guys from New Zealand bought kapcais in KL and rode them to Bangkok - so should be possible. See their vlog / channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVaWriiQ5gM&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCDPOmUh3c

 

I don't know what address they used or how they did the paperwork though. They also had the bikes disassembled at the end of their journey in Bangkok , brought some parts home (like the engine) but I believe they gave the frames to the locals there, so no idea if they did any paperwork at the end e.g. declare exported etc

I saw that video as well.. unknown who and how they managed to buy one.. might be bike shop under table sell.. buy under bike shop name but anything the original owner liable and etc.. But again.. as a next door neighbour.. dun do anything unofficially.. else next time might have issues crossing the border.. 😂

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, Junglizt1210 said:

Hello,

Been thinking of doing the same myself but not am not Singaporean, and also don't have a house in Malaysia.

However I saw that some guys from New Zealand bought kapcais in KL and rode them to Bangkok - so should be possible. See their vlog / channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVaWriiQ5gM&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCDPOmUh3c

 

I don't know what address they used or how they did the paperwork though. They also had the bikes disassembled at the end of their journey in Bangkok , brought some parts home (like the engine) but I believe they gave the frames to the locals there, so no idea if they did any paperwork at the end e.g. declare exported etc

Thanks, Man. Yeah, don't understand how they did it, but suggests it's possible. 

 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:58 PM, adesmond2 said:

I saw that video as well.. unknown who and how they managed to buy one.. might be bike shop under table sell.. buy under bike shop name but anything the original owner liable and etc.. But again.. as a next door neighbour.. dun do anything unofficially.. else next time might have issues crossing the border.. 😂

Yeah, Bro. May be possible under table. I wonder how they got into Thailand. Yup, best to go legal route. If I ever do this, will update this thread. But not anytime soon. Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • DAIS_ShellBAU2024_Motorcycle_SingaporeBikesBanner_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...