SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm.. For those doing Prac 1, what happened today was, for a repeat trainee like myself (along with 3 others) we were being made to shift to gear 3, then down gear and stop. And then there were those first time doing Prac 1, those learning the biting point. Along the way, suddenly i saw the instructor bring the 3 others into the training shed to familiarise the route to change up to gear 5, and then they went out to the circuit but i don't recall him calling me, and then those first timers joined me as well. Sometimes, to me it's kind of unclear what the instructors wanted or what their instructions were, or simpy put, what their intentions were.

Anyone here took at least 2 or 3 times to clear Prac 1?

they will not let you progress to the next stage if they think you still need to practice. they will call out by number not name, so just pay attention - they can be sarcastic but they are fair also as far as i can tell lah. and they have an 'evaluation' round, meaning after they teach you and they practice they will see if you can meet their requirements during this 'round' (they won't tell you when they are marking lah). if you did it right they will pass you for that part. if you did it wrong they might ask you to keep going round but won't evaluate you anymore - so if lets say 2 rounds later you managed to do it, they may not progress you since you failed during their 'evaluation round'. thats my impression lah (not based on any factual data)> they are teaching you in a group but evaluating you as an individual.

so in your case they probably thought you need more practice. some people take 2 or 3 or even 4 tries to pass lesson 1 if they are completely from scratch.

Hmm.. For those doing Prac 1, what happened today was, for a repeat trainee like myself (along with 3 others) we were being made to shift to gear 3, then down gear and stop. And then there were those first time doing Prac 1, those learning the biting point. Along the way, suddenly i saw the instructor bring the 3 others into the training shed to familiarise the route to change up to gear 5, and then they went out to the circuit but i don't recall him calling me, and then those first timers joined me as well. Sometimes, to me it's kind of unclear what the instructors wanted or what their instructions were, or simpy put, what their intentions were.

Anyone here took at least 2 or 3 times to clear Prac 1?

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

If u understand, Nang bu ti nang, kui bu ti kui. U dunno what situation i was for the past few lessons i failed.

How do u pass lesson 1, when u cant even shift ur gear up/down?

The way u approached and talked, was really unneccessary. Biting point, it's my wrong to complain about it.

Gearbox? Bro, melayu same melayu tanak gaduh eh. Tpy sarcastic2 smue jgn maen.

Kao pass lessen kao dulu pon cantek.. Banyak Spelling pon no point..

Doesn't help in either way..

Pelan2 kayu.

Pelan2 kayu.

Chillax lah you all. Whats up with being mean and sarcastic?

Give each other a break and peace please!

Yawn!

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

Pelan2 kayu.

Hahahah lu kekek ah bro.

Okay sir, gua pelan2 KAYUH.

mak datok... Kayuh pon boleh salah spell. Papan kayu ah lu bro.

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

Chillax lah you all. Whats up with being mean and sarcastic?

Give each other a break and peace please!

Yawn!

Hahahah, i wasnt being mean nor sarcastic towards him in the first place.

Dunno what i do also like make his life so difficult till must say sarcastically towards me.

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

ok lah. jangan tengkar lah. we take the good and ignore the bad. we are all here to learn - but no one owes us anything here - similar to what was thought during DRT lesson - right of way is to be given, not taken, so helping people to pass is a voluntary action here, learners should not expect to be thought. people who want to share positive teachings may do so, people who have nothing nice to say, we also cannot stop them. just choose which advise you want to take and ignore the rest.

i also had a gear problem with my bike during lesson 3 - i know how frustrating it is. in my case it didn't occur to me that the bike was faulty, i thought i wasn't doing it right. but the instructor told me after the lesson that if not for my gear problem i would have clocked faster timing for my figure 8 - so its probably not the first time people have problem engaging gears on their bikes. i've seen people struggle to get the bike back to gear 1 after emergency brake too... have to half-clutch the bike, but we are not thought this. in the first place, is that normal or bike problem?

and a trick i used was to kinda very slightly lean to the left, so naturally ur left leg will go down. And down gearing is to be done while u are on ur way to stop, just relax and kick ur gear down many times. And when stop alrdy, dun check/double confirm that u are in gear 1, cfm instructor ask u go again >

Hahahah all the best bro!

I think that once i stop, i always tend to check/double confirm that i'm in gear 1, or play around with the gear by changing between gear 1 and Neutral, which i think is an unnecessary step or one of the requirements, that's why always fail? Haha.. Anyway, thanks to those for the tips, now at least the rest knows what to expect.

how do you do this without putting your right foot down? based on what you just said, i think you fail because you put your right foot down is it?

I think that once i stop, i always tend to check/double confirm that i'm in gear 1, or play around with the gear by changing between gear 1 and Neutral, which i think is an unnecessary step or one of the requirements, that's why always fail? Haha.. Anyway, thanks to those for the tips, now at least the rest knows what to expect.

reminder to everyone - during TP test, right foot down is an immediate failure. there is only one occasion when you put your right foot down during the circuit and that is after your e-brake because you need to change back to gear one from a stand-still.

I always tend to stop too early and incorrectly. And that once i already stop, before moving off, i have a habit of playing around with the gear. Well, learning new things is getting me too curious, i guess.

just remember.... when its in first gear the pedal will be super hard. trust yourself. if unsure just keep whacking the pedal down non-stop. then stop with your left foot down. and don't play with the gear because once you stop you are supposed to only have left foot down.

I always tend to stop too early and incorrectly. And that once i already stop, before moving off, i have a habit of playing around with the gear. Well, learning new things is getting me too curious, i guess.

ok something different... i'm studying for my internal RTT eval... always have trouble remembering the following things so writing it down might help me remember...

parking distance prohibitions - 3m (hydrant) 6m (junction) 9m (bus stop)

road lines

- single white line in center means no parking on either side at all times, but can cross the line

- double white line in center means no parking on either side at all time AND cannot cross the line

- single yellow zig zag means no parking at all time on that side of the road except for immediate pick up and drop off

- double yellow zig zag means no stopping at all times on that side of the road

- single continuous yellow line means no parking on that side of the road from 7am to 7pm apart from sundays and public hols

- double yellow line means no parking on that side of the road apart from immediate pick up and let down of passengers

bus lanes

- normal bus lanes are from monday to friday 7.30am to 9.30 am and 5 to 8pm (apart from public hols)

- full day bus lanes are from monday to SATURDAY 7.30 am to 8pm (apart from public hols)

Hahahah, i wasnt being mean nor sarcastic towards him in the first place.

Dunno what i do also like make his life so difficult till must say sarcastically towards me.

I was referring to him being harsh with his words. (;

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current