SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA RD 350 LC TONG - The Legend

YEN96

Lately, LTA and TP officers are on the lookout for illegally modified pipes on our rides. As long as they find it loud and have additional welding marks, your bike will be subjected to compulsory inspection at any centres island wide where there is a possibility of other items on your bike failing as well and some undesirable summons. How do I know? 1 of my friend failed his inspection despite his pipes being quiet but had some unprofessional weld marks in a few places at the belly area. And now there's a few (LTA) cameras installed at the inspection bay and to top it off they also take a few shots of the pipes from different angles. My friend had to borrow a good, uncut set from a bike shop before returning to pass the inspection 2nd time round. I also had the pleasure of their strict scrutiny as I went prepared but was warned on my slightly excessive smoke on the right side. Had pictures taken like a photo shoot. Now there is absolutely no way to cut and weld even for the simplest reason of removing carbon build up. I suggest you guys look for a good pair of pipes for the long haul because nobody wants to pay 'gov' our hard earned money. And don't bother going to your MPs for help. Doesn't work anymore. If you guys still insist on modified pipes at least try to keep it within the permissible decibel limit and get a professional welder/grinder to do a good job on your priceless, hard to get and no more in production pipes! Ride hard, ride smart!

Edited by Rzboy

• 4 weeks later...
Lately, LTA and TP officers are on the lookout for illegally modified pipes on our rides. As long as they find it loud and have additional welding marks, your bike will be subjected to compulsory inspection at any centres island wide where there is a possibility of other items on your bike failing as well and some undesirable summons. How do I know? 1 of my friend failed his inspection despite his pipes being quiet but had some unprofessional weld marks in a few places at the belly area. And now there's a few (LTA) cameras installed at the inspection bay and to top it off they also take a few shots of the pipes from different angles. My friend had to borrow a good, uncut set from a bike shop before returning to pass the inspection 2nd time round. I also had the pleasure of their strict scrutiny as I went prepared but was warned on my slightly excessive smoke on the right side. Had pictures taken like a photo shoot. Now there is absolutely no way to cut and weld even for the simplest reason of removing carbon build up. I suggest you guys look for a good pair of pipes for the long haul because nobody wants to pay 'gov' our hard earned money. And don't bother going to your MPs for help. Doesn't work anymore. If you guys still insist on modified pipes at least try to keep it within the permissible decibel limit and get a professional welder/grinder to do a good job on your priceless, hard to get and no more in production pipes! Ride hard, ride smart!

you can get the inspection centre to approve the welding mark and noise which i just did for my rd125lc... hopes it help

you can get the inspection centre to approve the welding mark and noise which i just did for my rd125lc... hopes it help

Can you explain and elaborate on this bro? I'm sure a lot of 2 stroke riders including myself are unaware of this. My friend had to go the 2nd time with stock pipes to vicom in bukit batok . Thanks bro.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi guys,

im look for the original cdi for a yamaha rd250F aircooled. obviously hard to find. but maybe one of us fellow old birds have a secret stash lying around.

nippon denso 070000-038

Saw was one RD250F in the car park of an industrial building in the Kalang area, had 400 Daytona Special decals on the side cover, this yours?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

at least 3 units up for sale n still are in Carousell...

its juz whether u willing to 'bite' the pricetag or not... :)

hope dis helps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi there, i am also riding a RD350LC, looking for a temperature sensor sender for the bike. Anyone know where i can get a replacement or similar?

The temperature sender is the same across a few yamaha model. Suggest you check with yamaha parts dealer. Good luck.