SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Superfour (400,750,1000 or 1300?)

chrisonance

Superfour (which cat?)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Superfour (which cat?)

• CB400Cc is enou for me liao....
    • CB750Cc best for me.... ....
    • CB1000Cc that my fav.....
    • CB1300Cc twin exhaust sure a head turner ...

everybody is getting superfour... some of my frnds says power deliver is not enough...

how about 750Cc or CB1000?? if u wan something unique (try twin exhaust cb1300?)

any diiff???comments???

how come no pple buy CB750 n all riders r getting CB400???

Superfour rider ---

would u all like to have a CB750/1000/1300 since superfour is so common..???

comments

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:shy: cHrIsOnAnCe :makeup:

:box: OnE tHaT s|tS oN PoRcH sW|Ng :cheeky:

:lovestruck: aPaRt By E mOOn N sTaRs :lovestruck:

:smooch: LoOk|nG @ skY tH|NkInG :dozed: oF CB1000/Fz1000 !!!:smooch:

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about 750Cc or CB1000?? if u wan something unique (try twin exhaust cb1300?) any diiff???comments???

how come no pple buy CB750/1000 n all riders r getting CB400???

comments

cb750 is non existence here. :pity: only the cb seven fifty(very ah pek looking) is available but it's a hopeless bike i heard. power restricted, top is 160kmh

cb1000 also hard to find. mostly old.

1300 can find but road tax is expensive :giddy:

i would like to have the cb1300 if the price of the bike drop further. a very torquey bike tough.

pos·er (pozr) n.

A Sportbike rider who habitually pretends to be something he is not and only care about how they appear to the public as their bikes are nothing more than props to get them noticed by girls or even teenage boys which they want to impress with fictional tales of all the hardcore riding they do.

cb750 is non existence here. :pity: only the cb seven fifty(very ah pek looking) is available but it's a hopeless bike i heard. power restricted, top is 160kmh

cb1000 also hard to find. mostly old.

1300 can find but road tax is expensive :giddy:

i would like to have the cb1300 if the price of the bike drop further. a very torquey bike tough.

cB750 non existence???? i find a few in seprate bike motordiam leh.... CB1 is old but plenty of torquey just like the CB13(twin exhaust).

CB750 is not the night hawk bike u know ... it is the superfour shape with a bigger engine n bigger fuel tank...

once again CB750 really bad bad bike is it???

i know you are talking about the newer CB750. Even so, they are used mostly for despatch jobs. I've seen a few in shenton area and it was used by the rider to do despatch. Nevertheless it is still a good transport bike which gets you from point A to B. But if u want more "oomph", then get the CB1000 or CB1300. If u r budget conscious, get the CB400 super four.

http://carblueprints.info/design/images/logos/triumph-logo.png

I think the reason only the 400cc super4 is popular in SGP because the bike is not that spectacular, especially when compared to bikes like FZ600/FZ1/Hornet 600/Hornet 900 etc. Even if you take the 750/1000 to compare, the frame is still the same heavy ass steel setup with similar suspension.

I got to use the FZ600 at Ubi when I took my class 2 recently, damn, it was lighter/nimbler/better suspension/more power than my super4 by a whole lot. It doesn't even cost that much more (someone quoted 14.5k OTR in Bike specs and review).

Logical choice will be to get the lighter/sportier/better handling Hornets or Fazer if they want something like a super4 type of bike.

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11161/yamaha.jpg<span style=\'font-family:impact\'>I go 60 nia

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-1478.jpg

For Sale: Arai Gunmetal gray side cover for RR4, right side (Still in packaging)

http://www.modernbikes.com/bikepics/honda-cb750.jpg

this the one rite??? this is the cb seven fifty, like someone saaid, a point a to point b bike. :pity: poor bike but then again, depending on your riding style.

the other one (couldn't find pic)is a sport bike for race. built simlarly to it 's original version way back to the early 80s. that bike is like the RVF 750, for race and not for sale. :sweat: :pity:

pos·er (pozr) n.

A Sportbike rider who habitually pretends to be something he is not and only care about how they appear to the public as their bikes are nothing more than props to get them noticed by girls or even teenage boys which they want to impress with fictional tales of all the hardcore riding they do.

http://hayabusa.bikepics.com/hon-cb750-81-bikepics-27736.jpg

the sport cb750 non existence i'm toking about is similar to this one. this one is produced way back from the early80s i think. real retro.

pos·er (pozr) n.

smokin, thanx for all yr help n troubles to answer my doubts.....

i think i will drop my idea of buying useless CB750.. any other class two road bike to recomend beside hornet 600/900 Fazer 600/1000 CB1/1300 n bandit 1200,ST & vmax.... ?????

smokin, thanx for all yr help n troubles to answer my doubts.....

i think i will drop my idea of buying useless CB750.. any other class two road bike to recomend beside hornet 600/900 Fazer 600/1000 CB1/1300 n bandit 1200,ST & vmax.... ?????

what do you think of big traillies??? african twin, vardero.......

judging from the bikes u listed, i think u are not the sporting bike fan. :D however if u are touring on and off, u might wanna try sport tourers like the blackbird, interceptor vfr800(droolzz), with fairings, there will be lesser windblast and will make the ride less tiring.

ok, these are some of the bikes on my wishlist, blackbird, diversion 900, fazer1000, varaderoo 1000, african twin, bmw gs1150, st11, interceptor vfr800, deauville.

choose a bike that suits your riding style. tour or not. race or not :lol: or just means to an end for transport. have a bit of patience in choosing one rather than to rush one in then later regret.(it happens to me :cry: )

pos·er (pozr) n.

what do you think of big traillies??? african twin, vardero.......

judging from the bikes u listed, i think u are not the sporting bike fan. :D however if u are touring on and off, u might wanna try sport tourers like the blackbird, interceptor vfr800(droolzz), with fairings, there will be lesser windblast and will make the ride less tiring.

ok, these are some of the bikes on my wishlist, blackbird, diversion 900, fazer1000, varaderoo 1000, african twin, bmw gs1150, st11, interceptor vfr800, deauville.

choose a bike that suits your riding style. tour or not. race or not :lol: or just means to an end for transport. have a bit of patience in choosing one rather than to rush one in then later regret.(it happens to me :cry: )

dun worry smokin i will choose slowly... seem like fazer6 is a good choice.... )(detuned R6 engine) .. somemore 14.5 OTR... :smile:

as for big trallies i love AT but this mean machine comes with a hefty price tag of 18500.... Vstrom n TDM r nice bike also.. ST is a good all rounder tourer n BM is a expensive creature to maintain...

u r right i am not a sporty bikey fans.... maybe becos i kia si to play corner... i ride safety... expressway i go 80max on left lane... why regret thought s4 vtec is a good bike???

why regret thought s4 vtec is a good bike???

this s4 is never a regret. i mean the past, last time i gian bikes then rush to buy one. :D

my vtech and ver s were the best buy thru out my riding history.

why go 80 on the left of the hiway??? izzin't it more dangerous to be among the big lorry buses? views infront all obscured. hate the crap signs that says ' Motocylces and slower vehicles keep left' :? bikes nowadays with 50 bhp and above slow??? :lol:

pos·er (pozr) n.

this s4 is never a regret. i mean the past, last time i gian bikes then rush to buy one. :D

my vtech and ver s were the best buy thru out my riding history.

why go 80 on the left of the hiway??? izzin't it more dangerous to be among the big lorry buses? views infront all obscured. hate the crap signs that says ' Motocylces and slower vehicles keep left' :? bikes nowadays with 50 bhp and above slow??? :lol:

i usually go about 70-80 on left lane expressway.. cos i riding a slow bike magma 125.... with pillion i try to maintain @ 75 sometime 70 if cant... cos my bike no power wan.... for pt A to pt B...i know it dangerous but what to do... bike slow...

that why i promised myself to get a touring all rounder bike after i got my class two... really sick of left left all the way... now it time to ride freely...

:(

i usually go about 70-80 on left lane expressway.. cos i riding a slow bike magma 125.... with pillion i try to maintain @ 75 sometime 70 if cant... cos my bike no power wan.... for pt A to pt B...i know it dangerous but what to do... bike slow...

that why i promised myself to get a touring all rounder bike after i got my class two... really sick of left left all the way... now it time to ride freely...

:(

With those Super4 bikes (400,750,1000 or 1300), you wont be 70-80 anymore...... just beware that, check your blind spots before overtaking..... ;)

P/s: and watching out for speed cameras, and Uncle Sam..... :shades: Riding above the legally permited speed can bring fine and demerit points..

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

chris: i thought you've always longed for Africa Twin? Guess the wide variety of Class 2 has changed your mind. :lol: There are many road bikes out there, take your pick.

i always long for AT now i still love that big monstor.... but OTR is hefty 18500... no money... that why looking @ Fazer6 @14500 cheaper....

if given me the money i will definately go for AT... and also road bike seems to be a more practical buy for long usuage at least for 5 years... :smile:

• 3 years later...

AT is a very gd bike. I been using it for daily transport as well as long trip up to ko samui and never fail me for almost 4.5yrs. Moreover, low maintanence and cheaper/available spare parts comparing to other brands/models. Only problem is its fuel pump. But once chg to after mkt one, problem solved.

Currently, riding a nighthawk 250. But still miss my beloved AT.

Back to the actual qns. If I will to choose, I will take CB750. Reason: Air-cooled and simple design.

There r 2 type of CB750. Jpn ver and Eur ver. Jpn max speed is 180 whereas Eur max speed is 220. If we talk abt brand new CB750, only Jpn ver in production.

Qns: If travel in NS highway, what is an ideal speed? Fyi, AT max is 185 only. Anyone try to ride in NS highway >220km/h? How long u can tahan in this kind of speed if using a nake bike even with a windshield?

Talk abt pick-up and cornering, bike plays a critical part. But impt is the rider.

Jun 99 - Sep 00: Phantom 150

Sep 00 - Oct 01: Super4 Vtec1 400

Oct 01 - Apr 06: African Twin 750

Apr 06 - Present: Nighthawk 250

• 7 months later...