Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster


Guest Azman79
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Azman79

Hey ducatarians out there... I need ur help....

I just got my 2A and looking forward to buy a second hand ducati....

U guys know roughly how much does it cost and where to buy oso....

Thx a million...

 

 

 

 

:confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Ducatisi la. :D

 

Anyway, depends on plate and condition. A very good FP or FQ plate Monster fully stock might be worth around 4k. Accessories and parts (bigbore kit, performance parts, carbon parts etc) add to the value of the bike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by stylomilo@Oct 28 2004, 01:40 AM

lower a bit...

the last time i was going 2 buy a s4, saw a few monsters for sale also~ generally cheaper by 500 bucks

eh... S4..u mean monster S4 or Super 4??? :confused:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

 

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

 

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by shoei@Oct 28 2004, 02:10 AM

monster s4 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

hmm... saw one at GP on the seopang weeek.... ting the owner is sellin at yahoo... hmm.. down by one S4 monster again... haiz... :weep:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

 

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

 

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theres a MOnster S4 at Motorsales.

 

Anyway, for 400cc Monsters, its generally cheaper than Super4s of the same age because

 

1) Lower demand

2) Lower power (Compared to the Inline4s)

3) Lower top speed

4) Honda engines are bulletproof while Ducati's are, well, fussy.

 

You get the idea. The Monster is a great street bike, good torque and all. But put it on an open road it will struggle to keep up with most of the 2A bikes out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ayuluv@Oct 28 2004, 02:18 AM

hmm... saw one at GP on the seopang weeek.... ting the owner is sellin at yahoo... hmm.. down by one S4 monster again... haiz... :weep:

u have the link?

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

 

在绝望中坚强

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by shoei@Oct 28 2004, 10:46 AM

u have the link?

here it is shoei... hehe..

 

Ducati Monster S4 for sale

 

the bike luks great.. but a pity is the grey wif red rims one.. i like the red rims thou... hehe....

btw.. care to tell me on ur previous monster??? :cheeky:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

 

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

 

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by stylomilo@Oct 28 2004, 11:24 AM

opps, i meant super4, :sorry:

hehe.. no prob... i heard ur bike gg to settle liaoz wor.... :smile:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

 

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

 

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Know someone seling a 2-year old Monster400. Yellow. PM me for the contact. About 38k mileage. Good condition.

 

Cheers

 

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Jade@Oct 28 2004, 11:07 AM

generally, how more expensive are the parts compared to Honda's Super 4?

 

Air filter, oil filter, tyres etc?

Air filter, get a KnN washable filter, wash every 10,000km ($10 per wash)

Oil filter costs about the same, depends on brand. Oil filters are universal, as long as they fit.

Tyres, aren't they all the same?

 

Here are some areas you can save $ on -

 

Spark plugs, 2 instead of 4, so you save $ here. (Very easy to change, DIY)

Engine oil, 2.5 litres, less than Super4, so you save $ here.

No coolant/radiator, so you save $ here.

No Vtec, no complex variable valve system, so you save $ on servicing. (Carb Ducatis have very little engine management actually)

Two carbs, so you save $ on tuning (very easy to tune and balance, DIY)

Torquey V-twin, better consumption on the street, highways and track than Super4s, Vtec or non V-tec (Tried and proven, I pump significantly less petrol everytime when touring)

 

So, if your Ducati doesn't fail you, then it might actually be cheaper to maintain and live with than a Super4. But then again, its build quality is not as good as Hondas. Just look at the wiring, all over the place! Super4 ones are in nice bundles, not in the open like Ducati's, allowing the connectors to be exposed to the elements... Not good. Also, servicing intervals are shorter for Ducatis. The desmo valves need to be serviced deligently, or the bike will not run well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by nE0@Oct 30 2004, 03:49 AM

Air filter, get a KnN washable filter, wash every 10,000km ($10 per wash)

Oil filter costs about the same, depends on brand. Oil filters are universal, as long as they fit.

Tyres, aren't they all the same?

 

Here are some areas you can save $ on -

 

Spark plugs, 2 instead of 4, so you save $ here. (Very easy to change, DIY)

Engine oil, 2.5 litres, less than Super4, so you save $ here.

No coolant/radiator, so you save $ here.

No Vtec, no complex variable valve system, so you save $ on servicing. (Carb Ducatis have very little engine management actually)

Two carbs, so you save $ on tuning (very easy to tune and balance, DIY)

Torquey V-twin, better consumption on the street, highways and track than Super4s, Vtec or non V-tec (Tried and proven, I pump significantly less petrol everytime when touring)

 

So, if your Ducati doesn't fail you, then it might actually be cheaper to maintain and live with than a Super4. But then again, its build quality is not as good as Hondas. Just look at the wiring, all over the place! Super4 ones are in nice bundles, not in the open like Ducati's, allowing the connectors to be exposed to the elements... Not good. Also, servicing intervals are shorter for Ducatis. The desmo valves need to be serviced deligently, or the bike will not run well.

Wow, that's informative, thanks a million!

 

:smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ayuluv@Oct 28 2004, 12:51 PM

here it is shoei... hehe..

 

Ducati Monster S4 for sale

 

the bike luks great.. but a pity is the grey wif red rims one.. i like the red rims thou... hehe....

btw.. care to tell me on ur previous monster??? :cheeky:

wahaha so sweet s4!!

i love monster on the street and city riding

 

however i hate it on the NSH...

 

my monster got nothing much to say one.normal looking yellow monster400.

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

 

在绝望中坚强

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by shoei@Nov 1 2004, 10:38 AM

wahaha so sweet s4!!

i love monster on the street and city riding

 

however i hate it on the NSH...

 

my monster got nothing much to say one.normal looking yellow monster400.

hmm.. izzit bcos of the wind blast??? when travellin to fast?? keke...

cos i saw one purple one lyin at rosli there....... wonder was dat ur previous one.. hehe....

 

:cheeky:

i oso wanna try a monster wor.. me frend workin wif minerva say 800 monster is more den enuff liaoz... keke... :lovestruck:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

 

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

 

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • DAIS_ShellBAU_SingaporeBikes Banner_Motorcycle_300x250.png
×
×
  • Create New...