SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Will NCD be reset to zero when buying new bike?

ex-vtec

Dear all, I recently enquiry a bike shop on a new bike. When I ask that if will my NCD be transfered, the salesperson said no because I'm buying new bike.

My friend also encounter the same issue when he bought his new bike.

Can anyone clarify?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have you not been riding?

Quote from http://www.gia.org.sg/public_type_motor_caq1.php#caq8:

8) Will I lose my NCD if there is a break in ownership of my vehicle?

Most insurers in Singapore will allow you to keep your NCD should there be a break in ownership for up to 24 months. Some insurers set the timeframe at 12 months. You should contact your insurer for details.

My bike is stock! Please don't jio me! :angel:

Super lightweight lithium batteries for sale! http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/347746

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you buy new bike & still keeping old bike, the new bike need to pay insurance with 0 NCD.

Only after your sell your old bike, cancel the insurance policy, then transfer the NCD to new bike policy.

Usually done by insurance agent or insurance company.

If you can cancel your old bike insurance before new bike register, the NCD can be transferred to new bike.

'79 - AM Yamaha YB100

'82 ~ '85 - FA Honda VT250

'04 Feb 28 - FQ Yamaha DragStar Classic 400

'05 Jan - FY TDM 900

'06 Mar ~ 2009 April - FY HD Dyna Low Rider

'10 Sept ~ 2011 Dec - KTM 690SMR

'12 Apr ~ 2013 Apr BMW F650GS

'13 Jun ~ 2016 Apr K1300R

'17 Apr - Yamaha MT-03, '18 Mar - HD XL1200 CX, '19 Mar - Nmax 155

Non smoker since 28 Feb '04, have enough "smoke" on the road on 2 wheels...

Dear all, I recently enquiry a bike shop on a new bike. When I ask that if will my NCD be transfered, the salesperson said no because I'm buying new bike.

Can anyone clarify?

I am currently owning and riding.

Think the salesman cut throat.

If you can buy your own insurance, that's the best. Else you're pretty much at their (the shop's) mercy...

Usually, as long as you buy the bike under some form of instalment plan, i.e. its not paid in full cash upfront, you will be at the mercy of the shops' preferred insurance provider. I'm guessing they get to makan some commission... Usually they don't allow you to buy your own insurance until after finish the repayments.

Just my $0.02 :angel:

Edited by SimpleRider

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

Can anyone clarify?

No, it would not be reset to ZERO, if bike shop do not provide this service , you could DIY by visiting the insurance company. Then again, if I were you I definitely has to think carefully whether to buy bike from this shop....

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...

• 2 months later...

depends on the classes of new bike u are referring to..... if u co-owned class 2, begin to take in new class 2A bike, definitely no NCD given.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

• 5 months later...

hi guys im planning to get another bike for my dad as a sub rider, but i will keep my current bike, so my NCD cannot transfer?? how about if the insurance is under my dad and im the sub rider, i heard you have to pay the more ex premiums, meaning me, because younger, but NCD can use my dad's one??

• 4 weeks later...

i recently just got another bike, so i think i got this, lol

rider or sub rider doesn't make a difference, they will charge the insurance plan according to the more inexperienced or, in other words, they will always give u the more expansive plan.

as for new bikes or old bikes, it doesn't make a difference, 1 rider only 1 NCD i think, u can only choose to allocate the NCD to whichever bike u choose that u currently have in your possession,

therefore if u get a new bike, u can transfer NCD to your new bike, however u need to backpack your NCD of your previous bike back to your insurance company. so allocate NCD to the bike which has high insurance la, i did all these in NTUC income, hope it helps