SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Q's about attending MotoGP @ Sepang

CoolieND

A couple of friends and I are going up to KL this weekend. As part of that trip, we are planning on going to Sepang to catch the Malaysian GP on Sunday. However, none of us have been up there before, so I thought I'd ask for some recommendations from others who might have done this in years past.

While we're going up with our bikes, we're a bit concerned about potential thievery at the circuit, having hears some horror stories about people bikes getting jacked. So, we had been planning on taking taxi up to the track in the early-mid morning. However, on the return we want to get back to the hotel in the Mines area no later than 7pm. Unfortunately, we heard that last year the jam meant it was 3hrs+ to get into KLCC, so...

Anyway, a few questions we've been trying to clarify on:

1. Is a 7pm arrival from Sepang Circuit to Mines even feasible? What time must one leave to meet that schedule?

2. Is it safe to take larger bikes (Monsters, Harleys, etc.) to Sepang Circuit, would those automatically get into the 'VIP' parking areas?

' a. How easy would it be to ride in the post-race traffic? Much more difficult than normal KL riding?

3. If not riding, what is the best mode of transport: Taxi, train, bus?

4. If taxi, how is best to arrange? We've heard to arrange beforehand, meet across the street @ a PETRONAS gas station?

5. If train, how would one get to the train station from the circuit, shuttle bus? Would shuttle buses get stuck in the traffic jam as well?

6. Bonus question, for the race itself... where's the best spot to sit in the Main Grandstand? :)

Thanks for any tips you might be able to share on this or any useful general pointers you might have. Cheers! :cool: :thumb: (here's hoping for a good race!)

(PS. Mods: Sorry if this is not in the right place, please move it to any more appropriate section as you see fit.)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For bigger bikes...der will be an allocated parkin space. Those smaller bikes will be a different area. Price for parkin is 15rm iirc. Dey will issue u 2 tickets..1 stick to ur bike..e other u hold. When exitin dey will ask for dat ticket u were holdin to make sure u r on e the rite bike. Juz an added security, u shud also bring sum locks. Not to worry, der will also be other big bikes from sg my n thai.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/16/2366334/art_stoner-200x0.jpg

Thanks for the tip Fredd! Will definitely keep it in mind. We have some Pulsar / Duke 200's along with us, but they've already indicated they're OK with the general parking lots. ;)

Just wondering, are the 'big bike' lots more spacious than the general parking area? More space would just mean less chance of the bikes being knocked over, something dropped or damaged on them, etc.

Edited by CoolieND

Thanks for the words of advice guys, but in the end, we didn't take our bikes in, just kept them at the hotel instead; just too much what-if to do so... Plus, doing that gave us a place we could all meet, keep our bags, stretch a bit and grab a quick bite before shifting the road.

Wasn't too hard getting a cab both there and back, but the 1.5-2hr trip in to the track was a bit much (granted, we should've left much earlier); traffic was at a standstill for a while. Getting out was surprisingly easy, if a tad bit expensive. 4 to a cab made it reasonable tho, and we headed the other way from the rest of the traffic so missed all the gridlock.

Might've been more fun hitting the track on bike, but even tho we had a somewhat firm schedule to keep to, we still ended up back in Singapore eventually by 11:30ish. Overall a fun trip.

(Still, the Sepang organisers really need to do a better job logistically, both in terms of getting there as well as on food / drink / etc., saw some places were completely empty by the MotoGP race.)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yep I am riding up on Friday midday with another bike. Bikes are Ducati 848 and CBR600

staying there?

coming back on Sunday or Monday?

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg