SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

INFO: Cambodia

Pauche

Originally posted by Pauche@January 20, 2007 09:22 pm

I rode to Hatyai and then put it on an overnight train to Bangkok, so that I can get it on the road right into Cambodia by the second day. I did the same for the return leg.

How many days you took/spent from BKK to cambodia and return to Bkk? Is 1 day enough to get from Hua Lum Pong to Siem Reap?

Approximately what distance BKk to Thai-Cambodia border?

great report, but just wana find out a bit more details. thanks!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by duckcula@March 14, 2007 03:22 pm

How many days you took/spent from BKK to cambodia and return to Bkk? Is 1 day enough to get from Hua Lum Pong to Siem Reap?

Approximately what distance BKk to Thai-Cambodia border?

great report, but just wana find out a bit more details. thanks!

Bangkok Hualumphong --> Aranyaprathet border = 300km / 4hrs

Poipet border --> Siem Reap = 160km / 2hrs

If road conditions are good, it takes about 6hrs (then again it depends on what bike you ride). I am riding a scrambler, hence can cruise comfortably on the bad/bumpy terrain.

If road conditions are bad, it takes as long as 12hrs during the wet season with broken bridges.... check for the latest road conditions at http://www.talesofasia.com.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by fatpigsociety@May 17, 2007 01:52 pm

Pauche,

do you still have the maps and such for your trip to cambodia? total how many days travelled??

total cost as well??

thanks.. :cheeky:

hi, i rely mainly on my GPS for navigation. nevertheless, u can order the Gecko map online as that is the best road map ever produced.

for more in-depth details, pls refer to this page

Originally posted by fatpigsociety@May 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Thanks alot pauche.. =)

will checkout all the sites listed in your blog..

hope to plan a good trip up either backpack or ride......:cheeky:

Fly there if you only have a week to see Cambodia. Rent a bike for about US$8-15 per day, but try to avoid going to Sihanoukville as there are some police roadblocks at the main roundabout as reported by fellow bikers. That roundabout is super huge, with 7 exits and it links the different ares of Sihanoukville together.

The law in Cambodia states that only people with a valid local licence can ride/drive a local vehicle. So even if you have an International Driving Licence, it's useless in Cambodia.

But if you have at least 2-3 weeks to spare, ride there with your own bike to explore different areas in Cambodia. You save more time with your own transport and you do not need to rely on bus timings or taxi to bring you around. Town/city maps are readily available at hotels/pubs. Alternatively, get a Gecko map from online websites. Mine was loaned from a friend and I had returned it to him months ago.

• 4 months later...