SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

daelim daystar corner ?

yifanz

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red.Sky...

• yifanz

• Black Skull

• Yoshimura83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

( Goober Scooter Rider. )

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/siriusjones/scooter.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello daystar riders, im new to here and have been reading a few of the posts in this corner.

i recently(3months ago) bought a daystar classic 125fi. sweet ride if i say so myself, but just wanted to offer a bit of advice with having changed a few bits on mine myself.

in my opinion changing the sprocket is a bad idea, did mine and it lost acceleration on the flat, so put original back.

removing the silencers however did make her sound deeper without being too loud, and my father helped me rig it so i could screw em back in for the servicing, by spot tacking nuts on the rivet plates so i can just bolt em in with machine screws.

mine is the fuel injection version and without the silencers i gained an extra 8bhp, not a lot but nice. even the locals who have harleys are impressed by her being a 125 lol. hope that helps some or not, be nice to speak with some other daystar riders, as i think she is a great bike at a very good price.

Hi Welcome to this thread. hope you enjoy ur ride. i'm a ex.daystar rider which had change to B-bone till current. i should say nice looking bike but heavy bike too come with heavy mantenance. changing sprocket is never a good thing as stock is the best. Bigger back sprocket good pick up but no distance. small back one very bad pick up and not much improve on distance.

Hello daystar riders, im new to here and have been reading a few of the posts in this corner.

i recently(3months ago) bought a daystar classic 125fi. sweet ride if i say so myself, but just wanted to offer a bit of advice with having changed a few bits on mine myself.

in my opinion changing the sprocket is a bad idea, did mine and it lost acceleration on the flat, so put original back.

removing the silencers however did make her sound deeper without being too loud, and my father helped me rig it so i could screw em back in for the servicing, by spot tacking nuts on the rivet plates so i can just bolt em in with machine screws.

mine is the fuel injection version and without the silencers i gained an extra 8bhp, not a lot but nice. even the locals who have harleys are impressed by her being a 125 lol. hope that helps some or not, be nice to speak with some other daystar riders, as i think she is a great bike at a very good price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

daystar more look like fat boy compare to phantom and daystar is more comfort than phantom speed in singapore road is not suitable see all the traffic jam in sg rd even you got the fastest bike in the world it going to be usless if you hang in the traffic jam well in this case comfort is the key and unless you use your bike very often or use it to delivery pizza hut than it spoil change is higher

i read a lot of post about daystar vs phantom and most say phantom is better it all depend.phantom is too common. Daystar more look like fat boy compare to phantom and daystar is more comfort than phantom, speed in singapore road is not suitable see all the traffic jam in sg rd even you got the fastest bike in the world it going to be usless if you hang in the traffic jam well in this case comfort is the key, and unless you use your bike very often or use it to delivery pizza hut than it spoil change is higher

• 3 weeks later...

Are you riding a daystar ? or plan to have one ?

i read a lot of post about daystar vs phantom and most say phantom is better it all depend.phantom is too common. Daystar more look like fat boy compare to phantom and daystar is more comfort than phantom, speed in singapore road is not suitable see all the traffic jam in sg rd even you got the fastest bike in the world it going to be usless if you hang in the traffic jam well in this case comfort is the key, and unless you use your bike very often or use it to delivery pizza hut than it spoil change is higher

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

good and bad point phantom got only one way start and only side stance just imagine if your battery spoil or run out of battery you need to push like hell to the workshop, and just a uncareful dude have a light hit from his car from the car park your phantom will fall and talking about look daystar look more like herley than phantom which is look cooler now a day there is no more new ta200 phantom so the parts will with hold back and no more parts for phantom

Bro,

All bikes got good and bad. If you ask me Phantom is lighter then daystar but CC is bigger then daystar. i use to have a daystar which i find it too heavy. now riding Bone no problem liao.

good and bad point phantom got only one way start and only side stance just imagine if your battery spoil or run out of battery you need to push like hell to the workshop, and just a uncareful dude have a light hit from his car from the car park your phantom will fall and talking about look daystar look more like herley than phantom which is look cooler now a day there is no more new ta200 phantom so the parts will with hold back and no more parts for phantom

Phantom

cons:

lousy Material because made in Thailand

Daystar:

Pros:

better Material because made in korean

hi there! saw your avatar pic.

very cool paintwork!! may i know how much you and where you got that done?

for me, sigh, still taking 2b lessons now haha!

cant wait to get a daystar when i pass (at least next year lol!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adair69

Hi guys

Currently riding the s3 and about to upgrade.

Test drove a roadwin 250, and the daystar 250 on the same day.

Roadwin is very quick on the take off, seems almost too eager to take off, but I have to say is very light with excellent feel on turn and throttle....and unfortunately for me I think it will encourage me to ride it like a hooligan!

More appropriate to this thread I rode the daystar 250, which I know due to licensing is not likely to be the most popular choice on the roads of singapore due to its cc, only kicking out the equivalent bhp of a duke 200. Before going down I must say I looked into this new bike and found the most information on the Brazilian sites with the Dafra version.

Well, it's the same engine as the roadwin a single four stroke, but outside of this the similarity ends. Where the roadwin feels like a 100m runner and dare i say it really like an old 2 stroke, the daystar is a grunty much more torqy beast, leaving me wondering if its got another cylinder hidden somewhere. If you weren't convinced these bikes were not designed for completely different styles of riding (i know just looking at them should leave you convinced)you are left in no doubt when you go from being pointed headlong down the road on the roadwin, to a soft wide, low seat that just oozes padding for aging backsides like my own.

I think that what surprised me the most about the daystar is how well it sits, it feels light, nimble and yet surprisingly substantial in its feel. I think the light wheels and the wide bars help that feeling and of course the really low seat certainly helps your sense of control. The rear suspension felt a little firm, and again with hardly any fuel weight I think would smooth out a little, the front was quite progressive over the bumps and if anything was a little soft.. Not necessarily bad on this kind of ride.

Going back to the engine, it's not a revvy type, and of course this was a tight engine hardly any run in, has a nice note and touching on the grunty feel, I felt that if you had pillions this is a bike which would scoot along at a fair rate without trying to rip your pillion off the back of the bike.

Gearing I think will be good for the commuter with a nice piece of pull in the gears and I believe you could likely sit in 5th without having to move up and down too much, with the 17.3l tank I also think you can go along way without having too many trips to the petrol station.

The brakes actually seemed (short circles around park) to bite reasonably progressively, however I think you'd need to be a little careful as this is still not a hugely heavy bike and they are big dual rotors.

I would say there are some required customization with the rear pedal brake angle which I felt was a little too steep for me to use comfortably, the front is adjustable for reach also, however I had no problem with this.

Cosmetically nicely finished, lots of little details which really made the bike look like a heavy weight cruiser, and available in a wide array of colors...... That is if its Black lol.

As we always say, bikes are a subjective choice based on objective figures (bee haitch pees, torqs) with a feel and sense of image which is individual from person to person.

I think the power of the daystar is adequate for singapore, it's grunty engine ideal for the roads here, hopefully it will be also frugal. Now visually it's an attractive bike, the fenders have a Hardly Davidson feel to it, wide bars good foot pegs and beefy grips.

As an older rider I'm likely going to go for it. Happy to answer any other questions anyone has on the ride.