SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

daelim daystar corner ?

yifanz

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red.Sky...

• yifanz

• Black Skull

• Yoshimura83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro,

Where do u service ur bike ?

speed depend on the rider i can go up to 140km/per hour with my 140cc daystar

( Goober Scooter Rider. )

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/siriusjones/scooter.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi owners

my dad is interested in buying a brand new daystar but i have no idea about this bike, not even who is the distributor. he wants a chopper/cruiser coz he claims already old man he wants relaxed position. after the TA200 went out of production, there is hardly any sub-400 chopper/cruiser anymore.

he will be using it as his work bike, he works as dispatch, so it will involve heavy usage. i understand there is a new 250cc version, interested in any info about that too but ultimately my dad's concern is not power but:

1)Price

2)Maintenance costs

3)Reliability in heavy usage (assume regular maintenance)

4)Petrol consumption

whether its the 2b or 2a version, if it meets his criteria above he wants to buy. not interested in second hand. please tell me which shop sells them. any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Mech. actually at the cruiser section under Daystar 250, the TS actually invited people to discuss about it. I wrote but he never asnwered back. I used to rode the 125. it felt big . but lacking in power but yet I kept holding on to it for a long time. much longer than my other bikes. i am very interested to get the 250 because it looks nice and perfect to me. the distributor is of course CKA. chong kok agency. but i am not too sure it will fit the bill of a despatch bike. normally i see despatch ride spark, wave , rxz , a little cb4.

thanks for the reply, at least now i know which shop to bring my dad to.

like i said, power is not my dad's concern. his current 15 yr old TA150 honestly the engine now makes less power than a 4 stroke yet still drinks petrol like a 2-stroke. frankly any new 2b bike is an improvement, and i suggested CB150F or FZ150 but he's dead set on a cruiser so its either the daystar or the bajaj intruder.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

• 4 weeks later...

Mech,

is better to inform your dad to test ride it first.

thanks for the reply, at least now i know which shop to bring my dad to.

like i said, power is not my dad's concern. his current 15 yr old TA150 honestly the engine now makes less power than a 4 stroke yet still drinks petrol like a 2-stroke. frankly any new 2b bike is an improvement, and i suggested CB150F or FZ150 but he's dead set on a cruiser so its either the daystar or the bajaj intruder.

( Goober Scooter Rider. )

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/siriusjones/scooter.jpg

• 2 years later...
Phantom

pros:

abundent supply of replacement parts

faster pick up and better top speed.

cons:

cornering less stable

too common

prone to theft

Daystar:

Pros:

Bigger in size

Nicer design

More stable

Unique

Cons:

Spare parts damn expensive

Feels under powered

One man's meat is another man's poison. Lets not judge another person by the bike he rides. Afterall, its not about the bike, its about the ride.

what you mean under power? my daystar x5 140cc can run 140km per hour

Hi folks,

i've just got a pre-owned Daystar 140 two weeks ago and getting used to it.

Have a couple of concerns on my bike's gearbox operation.

Could you please advise me if it in common for Daystar:

1. On other bikes i rode , when on the first gear , gear lever cannot be pressed down. On my Daystar being on the first gear , gear lever became "empty". You can kick it down without any resistance.

2. To go from neutral to 1st on a stationary bike, i have to release a clutch a bit. With clutch fully depressed the gear lever skips down with no gear engaged. If i release the clutch a little bit (still very far from biting point) 1st gear gets engaged perfectly.

3. The same with shifting down while stopping. If clutch is fully depressed from time to time it might not go from 2ng to 1st. With clutch released a little bit everything is fine.

Hi folks,

i've just got a pre-owned Daystar 140 two weeks ago and getting used to it.

Have a couple of concerns on my bike's gearbox operation.

Could you please advise me if it in common for Daystar:

1. On other bikes i rode , when on the first gear , gear lever cannot be pressed down. On my Daystar being on the first gear , gear lever became "empty". You can kick it down without any resistance.

2. To go from neutral to 1st on a stationary bike, i have to release a clutch a bit. With clutch fully depressed the gear lever skips down with no gear engaged. If i release the clutch a little bit (still very far from biting point) 1st gear gets engaged perfectly.

3. The same with shifting down while stopping. If clutch is fully depressed from time to time it might not go from 2ng to 1st. With clutch released a little bit everything is fine.

you need to get use to it, in the beginning i also not get used to it, now i been riding for more than 2 years i get used to it, however wanna to join my team i use to gather at coffee and bean in orchard there lot of harley rider and some harley rider look at my daystar however never see any harley rider look at phanton, interested to join me contact me at 62518579, give you some tip how to increase it speed, legally modify

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Vincent.

I actually had the same thoughts , but as always with a pre-owned machine concerns are taking place.

I'm pretty much satisfied with my Daystar Performance. But good advise is always appreciated.

May be you can advise some mechanic to serve the baby?

Heres my knowledge and thoughts on the daystar:

I have been riding the 2006 Daystar (carburettor version) for 3 years and counting. Very problem free/ low maintenance bike when maintained well.

Do a quick wash with water and wipe dry esp the exhaust and the chrome handlebar (for me) after the rain, if you dont do that the rust will come out fast.

Maintainable Top Speed without engine struggling: 87km/hour (CAR EQUIVALENT) (My speedometer shows 15km/hour slower than actual car speed).

RPM at 87km/ hour (Car equivalent): 6.3 - 6.5k RPM.

Dont bother doing more than that, the engine struggles and most likely will get damaged fast.

Not sure why one of our biker friends say this bike can go 140km/hour, which is impossible for my 2006 daystar. I am only 71kg. The fastest I have have pushed this bike to is about 110km/ hour and definitely not recommended. That was 2.5 years ago. The last I tried. The engine vibrates so much that till it seems like its gonna break into pieces/ break down.

You get this bike not for the speed, but the style and stability.

Full Tank :16.8L

Distance when it reaches reserve: 380km - 420km/ Liter

Never dare try before how far it can go after reserve. If I am not wrong, theres about 1.4L +- of petrol left, which you can go for another 30km +-.

Average consumption: 28- 31km/ Liter , depends on the road and how you ride.

Go to Jurong East Choon Kok for service, try not to go to the Bukit Batok Choon Kok branch because the mechanics are dishonest. Experienced that and lucky I was smart enough not to fork out $300.

Jurong east choon kok mechanics are honest and trustyworthy. Forgot their names but there is a young mechanic wearing specs and another mechanic that is slightly balding/ balding. Both are Malaysians so you can ID them from the way they speak. They are good and honest people, will not ask you to pay for parts that are working properly.

Engine oil change u can go bukit merah biker shop area. Its way cheaper, or johor. The EO at CK are not cheap.

Anything feel free to ask me at my mobile : 9456 Three Three O F0UR

Edited by JoeWest

• 2 weeks later...
To bro Kakarow, bro Yifanz and bro red.sky.

How have you guys been? wanna meet up for kopi soon? so long never see you guys already. wonder how's everyone...

dont know if you guys still remembers me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]332050[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]332051[/ATTACH]

Hello, i forget who are you btw.

who are you?

Have A Nice Day.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.

I'm trying to get more information about the daelim daystar bikes. Can't find much out there nor in the forum that is recent. I intend to buy a 2b cruiser firsthand. Right now it's between the daystar and the bajaj avenger (don't even know if the distributor still carries it)

Can anyone give advice on

1) the daystar?

2) the avenger?

3) other 2b cruisers

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Looking at getting a new-ish Daystar 125 and I have a few questions regarding the handlebars, forks, etc. I know this thread is old, but I couldn't find a whole lot of other Daystar info and I figure you guys are the most knowledgeable.

I'm planning to run new bars with 9 to 10" risers. Either T-bars, or risers and a tracker bar. The threaded bases on Murdock risers are on 3.5" (89mm) centers to fit most stock and aftermarket H-D triple trees. Does anyone know the measurement of the centers for the Daystar? I read somewhere it was 4" but that seemed to be an odd size which would be (101mm) and that can't be right.

Also, can anyone confirm the stock handlebars on the Daystar are indeed 1" (25.4mm) inch bars? Or are they like harley's that use a 1-1/4 (31.75mm) inch bar that tapers to 1" (25.4mm) at the grips.

If anyone can has these measurements or is willing to measure their bike, I'd be most thankful.

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

For those that know Roy from K.B CKA is no longer with the company. If anyone having bike issue and CKA can't resolve it. You might want to look for him at the address below.

13 kaki bukit Road 4 #01-16 Bartley Biz Centre S417807

Company name: JC Motor (Pte Ltd)

Kindly note for servicing/ maintenance of bike he is having an discounted rate with better service. Cheers 👍

I need a bike to ride