SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Wet Weather Advisory For Malaysia

redbeacon

Heya guys,

Sunday I had the opportunity to be in ruthless weather and felt that I had to conclude its experience by starting this thread.

Be very careful when doing touring rides to Malaysia. Always check the weather online before you go and do preempt yourself for rain -- bring a durable raincoat.

Whilst you only need to be wary that the roads are wet on the North-South expressway (NSE) and you have to simply keep a safe braking distance from the cars in front of you, riding in town roads and federal highways aren't as forgiving as the properly mainained tar the NSE offers. Take a look:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3643/pic0001u.jpg

While I was traveling to my friend's place, there were a few stretches -- on the road that I was on -- that was flooded with water. Most of the time the water level was just up till the spokes of my rim. However, as with the above picture, one stretch was so flooded with water, presumably up to 1/3 of the total diameter of my wheel. Cars were seen making detours. Even the bikers were seen proactively U-turning by the side of the road, me included.

Take care guys, ride safe, and get back home in 1 piece, bike and all.

Edited by redbeacon
Replace broken link in picture

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya guys,

Sunday I had the opportunity to be in ruthless weather and felt that I had to conclude its experience by starting this thread.

Be very careful when doing touring rides to Malaysia. Always check the weather online before you go and do preempt yourself for rain -- bring a durable raincoat.

Whilst you only need to be wary that the roads are wet on the North-South expressway (NSE) and you have to simply keep a safe braking distance from the cars in front of you, riding in town roads and federal highways aren't as forgiving as the properly mainained tar the NSE offers. Take a look:

http://i14.tinypic.com/87n98vr.jpg

While I was traveling to my friend's place, there were a few stretches -- on the road that I was on -- that was flooded with water. Most of the time the water level was just up till the spokes of my rim. However, as with the above picture, one stretch was so flooded with water, presumably up to 1/3 of the total diameter of my wheel. Cars were seen making detours. Even the bikers were seen proactively U-turning by the side of the road, me included.

Take care guys, ride safe, and get back home in 1 piece, bike and all.

wow, that's pretty bad from the looks of it. :faint:

perhaps i'll rethink about my trip to Genting in Dec. :sian:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

• 3 weeks later...

you can still go genting. the floods mainly affect the east and central parts. karak highway is flooded at between lanchang and termerloh, which means you cant cross from kl to kuantan but you can still go genting, tinggi, frasers, etc.

eastern side: route three and most trunk roads are flooded at some point. dont waste time and effort trying to go anywhere in the eastern part of peninsular msia.

• 1 year later...

u can check the NEA website? or type weather cast in google

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• 1 month later...
u can check the NEA website? or type weather cast in google

NEA's website weather reports and rain maps are only good up until the Causeway, Larkin, and to a certain extent, Pasir Gudang.

The closest offer that I can find is Wunderground.com - It's a worldwide weather website that pulls weather data off of land-based weather stations all around the world.

Weather for Senai Airport, Johor Bahru:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=WMKJ&wuSelect=WEATHER

There's even a Google-powered animated rain map there too, for those who are map-savvy. Those are all that I depend on at the moment.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...