PCX (Pearl Jasmine White)
PCX (Candy Raster Red)
PCX (Poseidon Black Metallic)
PCX (Matte Dim Gray Metallic)
PCX (Matte Cosmo Silver Metallic)
PCX160 (Pearl Jasmine White)
PCX160 (Candy Raster Red)
PCX160 (Poseidon Black Metallic)
PCX160 (Matte Dim Gray Metallic)
PCX e:HEV (Pearl Jasmine White)
The PCX is a newly designed water-cooled, 4-stroke, 4-valve, 124cc single-cylinder engine "eSP +" that achieves improved output and further fuel efficiency in a newly designed frame that pursues light handling and ease of handling in daily life.
The front and rear disc brakes are equipped with 1-channel ABS that operates only on the front as standard equipment, and Honda Selectable Torque Control is newly adopted, which contributes to a sense of security on slippery road surfaces. It is a two-up moped scooter that has a high level of environmental friendliness. In addition, Honda has enhanced the equipment that is easy to use, such as adopting a luggage box with expanded capacity and equipping it with a USB socket that is convenient for charging mobile terminals, etc.
The PCX160 is based on the PCX and expands the engine displacement to 156cc to achieve more powerful and comfortable driving performance. It is a light motorcycle scooter that provides plenty of room and fulfillment in a wide range of driving situations, from driving in the city to commuting via the highway and touring to the suburbs.
PCX e:HEV adopts a hybrid system based on PCX, which uses a high-power lithium-ion battery as an energy source and adds a drive assist function to the ACG starter (motor) that is responsible for starting the engine and generating power. It is a two-up scooter and a moped. By combining the newly designed engine "eSP +" with improved output assisted by a motor, torque is improved in the low rev range, and agile throttle response and high power performance are realized while maintaining high quality such as quietness.
Main features of PCX / PCX160 / PCX e: HEV
Newly designed engine "eSP +" that achieves both high output and environmental performance
- Achieved high output by expanding the valve area by increasing the valve mechanism to 4 valves and increasing the intake efficiency of the air-fuel mixture and the exhaust efficiency of the combustion gas. Furthermore, in addition to reducing the sliding resistance and increasing the compression ratio by shortening the stroke of the cylinder inner diameter X stroke, the piston that injects engine oil to the back side of the piston enables efficient cooling and advancement of the ignition timing. It contributes to the improvement of power output by adopting an oil jet.
- By adopting a hydraulic cam chain tensioner lifter, both friction reduction and noise and vibration suppression are achieved at the same time.
- The intake path from the air cleaner (intake) to the inlet pipe has been expanded, and the throttle body diameter has been increased to improve intake efficiency. In addition to optimizing the internal structure of the muffler and reducing exhaust resistance, we have optimized the placement of the catalyzer to improve the exhaust gas purification performance, achieving both powerful driving and excellent environmental performance at a high level.
Body and suspension that provide comfortable and high-quality driving
- By redesigning the frame, the weight of the frame body alone is reduced while maintaining the rigidity balance. The body packaging is a more advanced version of light handling and ease of handling.
- A rubber mount structure handle holder is used to reduce unpleasant vibration transmitted from the vehicle body to the rider's hands. It contributes to comfortable riding.
- The wheels have been redesigned to increase the size of the tires, and the rear axle travel has been extended, contributing to light handling and a comfortable ride.
- Disc brakes are used for the front and rear braking devices. In addition, a 1-channel ABS that operates only on the front is standard equipment.
Fully advanced equipment and various functions pursuing convenience in daily life
- Newly adopted Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). Based on the signals from the front and rear wheel speed sensors and throttle position sensor, the engine torque is controlled by controlling the fuel injection amount to suppress the slip of the rear wheels.
- A USB socket is newly standard equipment in the front inner box. It makes it possible to charge mobile terminals such as smartphones, further enhancing convenience.
- The capacity of the luggage box has been expanded to 30L for the PCX / PCX160 and 24L for the PCX e: HEV. The loadability is improved and the convenience is further improved.
- Uses Honda SMART Key system. By carrying the smart key and approaching the vehicle, the main switch knob can be unlocked without removing the smart key itself.
- "Top Box 35L Smart Key System Type" is newly added to the separately sold genuine accessories. By linking with the Honda SMART Key system, the top box can be unlocked more conveniently.
Flowing and high-quality styling design
- By combining the horizontal proportions with a simple and elegant surface composition and the edge line that makes you feel the dynamic flow, the appearance has been renewed to emphasize the advancedness and high quality of the PCX.
- The color variation of PCX / PCX160 is "Candy Raster Red" that expresses high-quality clothing. "Poseidon Black Metallic" with a fearless and calm impression. "Pearl Jasmine White" with a clean and elegant impression. In addition to the four colors of "Matte Dim Gray Metallic" that gives a powerful impression of metal, the PCX is also available with "Matte Cosmo Silver Metallic" that gives a fresh and youthful impression. The PCX e:HEV is available in one color, "Pearl Jasmine White," which expresses an advanced image with a combination of white and blue.
Main features for PCX e: HEV
Efficient and compact e: HEV system that fits in the PCX body packaging
- By combining the newly designed engine "eSP +" with a motor assist that uses a high-power lithium-ion battery as an energy source, agile throttle response and high power performance are achieved while maintaining a high-quality feel such as quietness.
- Switching between two motor assist characteristics, "D mode" that achieves both comfortable driving and moderate assist according to the driving situation and rider's preference, and "S mode" that enhances assist and enhances sportiness. It makes it possible and provides "fun to drive" according to the driving scene.
- In addition to the bracket on the back of the signature lamp of the headlight and the inner lens of the tail lamp lighting part in blue, the seat in black and blue two-tone color and the emblem dedicated to e:HEV are adopted to further enhance the advanced and high quality part of the body is accented to enhance it.
That's the complete launch deck from Honda Japan's information desk. What do you think about the 2021 Honda PCX and its entire range? Do you think it makes sense for Honda to launch a PCX 150 and PCX 160 with such a small difference in engine displacement? Or the new PCX e:HEV which brings hybrid technology to mainstream motorcycles.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!