SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

I am a more 40s aspiring motorbike learner and wonder if I should learn it at CDC or BBDC. I stay in the east side of Singapore but BBDC seems like a more "friendly" place with less industrial vehicles. 
Also, I like the naked Honda bikes at BBDC. (call me frivolous). Appreciate your opinions. 

Im currently at SSDC.. Not too sure abt BBDC but i was at CDC before and have friends waiting for their TP now.. hearsay their TP is harder to pass there. ssdc now have TP weekly but cdc is still monthly.. so if u wan fast maybe u can consider ssdc? They uses the same bikes as bbdc anyway n probably easier to travel there from the east

Edited by Nakuru

8 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I am a more 40s aspiring motorbike learner and wonder if I should learn it at CDC or BBDC. I stay in the east side of Singapore but BBDC seems like a more "friendly" place with less industrial vehicles. 
Also, I like the naked Honda bikes at BBDC. (call me frivolous). Appreciate your opinions. 

CDC is pretty flooded with Learners.. Especially the lessons are quite hard to book.. even for 2A.. Even if you pass one lesson, need to wait for 1 week later for your next lesson.. 

But again.. it's all depending on your preferences since you need to travel quite a distance to learn and could put you off if it's not along the way.. For me, I lazy to travel or go to places where I'm not familiar... 😛

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Hi Nakuru-san, adesmond2

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I would rather a place not to crowded and while pump prices are pricer now, I think that this is something that I am willing to go the distance (hahaha -pun) 

Not familiar, just go often enough and the area would be familiar… :D

The only good thing now is that there is virtual learning… for the theory… Now I need to find a helmet and actually sign up for the course. Work as been pretty busy at the moment but this is something which would be done. 

Many thanks and I welcome your thoughts.. Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Hi Nakuru-san, adesmond2

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I would rather a place not to crowded and while pump prices are pricer now, I think that this is something that I am willing to go the distance (hahaha -pun) 

Not familiar, just go often enough and the area would be familiar… :D

The only good thing now is that there is virtual learning… for the theory… Now I need to find a helmet and actually sign up for the course. Work as been pretty busy at the moment but this is something which would be done. 

Many thanks and I welcome your thoughts.. Nice to meet you all!

👍A place not too crowded will be SSDC as what Nakuru proposed.. Got aircon some more at the waiting area..  50-80% sheltered.. No need to worry about rain/sun..

Unlike CDC, weather prone and we just ride as per normal.. 😂

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

:) hihi

anyway, traffic wise.. i think CDC most has the worst.. especially during peak hours.. it is like forever jam there. SSDC also has a lot of learners n u can only book 1 session at any one point so most of the time its 1 lesson per week also. for theory, both driving centers would require u to go down for physical classes for defensive riding theory. the rest can do e learning. 

u can get helmet from such packages too.  https://carousell.app.link/Ar0EMxQJwqb can check out other shops around in carousell too. or this with delivery https://carousell.app.link/CcWxaxZJwqb

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:19 AM, adesmond2 said:

CDC is pretty flooded with Learners.. Especially the lessons are quite hard to book.. even for 2A.. Even if you pass one lesson, need to wait for 1 week later for your next lesson.. 

But again.. it's all depending on your preferences since you need to travel quite a distance to learn and could put you off if it's not along the way.. For me, I lazy to travel or go to places where I'm not familiar... 😛

Why CDC so flooded huh ? Easier to pass ?

10 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

Why CDC so flooded huh ? Easier to pass ?

LOLOL... I just ask Nakuru over the weekends if she got check passing rate before enrolling SSDC or CDC.. She mentioned no differences in passing rate... her friend is in CDC.. but fail also...

i think both side sama sama la... 1 week wait actually quite good already.. SSDC oso got alot of learners.. oso avg 1 week per lesson.. lesson 5 can have like 20 ppl taking test together.. but the other lessons are like 5pax only but at least now SSDC's TP is on Mon n Thurs so it is easier to book now even if u fail the test.. CDC still once per month i heard.. somemore if u fail, u probably need like 2 months to rebook test since its a 1 month wait to some retraining thing then can book TP.. 

3 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

i think both side sama sama la... 1 week wait actually quite good already.. SSDC oso got alot of learners.. oso avg 1 week per lesson.. lesson 5 can have like 20 ppl taking test together.. but the other lessons are like 5pax only but at least now SSDC's TP is on Mon n Thurs so it is easier to book now even if u fail the test.. CDC still once per month i heard.. somemore if u fail, u probably need like 2 months to rebook test since its a 1 month wait to some retraining thing then can book TP.. 

waaaa... 5 pax per instructor... now I know why can fail... LOLOL... 

CDC about 2x-3x - 2-3 instructors... LOL...

But of cuz... at cdc.. when you need to ask for some help/specific instructions.. Either infront of everyone (2x-3x listening in).. or wait till everyone ride out then you can ask...

Depends la.. lesson 1 got 3 parts so got 3 instructor taking each part lor.. then lesson 2-4 got 1 instructor.. lesson 5 got 5 instructors.. lesson 6 n 7 got 2 instructors.. lesson 8 got 5 instructors.. 

• Like 1

I guess the most important is to try to master riding the bike and just do the best for passing. I will register only tonight… need to order the guards from Carousell… Maybe I should post updates here… :D

• Like 1

U dun need wait till u get the guards then register.. u need to go for orientation 1st b4 actual lessons n do the photo id / eye test etc oso. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

I guess the most important is to try to master riding the bike and just do the best for passing. I will register only tonight… need to order the guards from Carousell… Maybe I should post updates here… :D

Yes yes.. please do.. at least something to cross reference.. 😛

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

U dun need wait till u get the guards then register.. u need to go for orientation 1st b4 actual lessons n do the photo id / eye test etc oso. 

ohhh.. still need to do eye test? They didn't do eye test for me for my 2A.. LOL

2 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

ohhh.. still need to do eye test? They didn't do eye test for me for my 2A.. LOL

Izzit cos u went to the same driving center? They need mi to take the eye test n snap a new id photo when i enrol for 2B thou.. even thou i have an existing license liao... Lolol. I was like "huh? I got license n is driving already leh?" N they say its SOP so juz follow lor 😂

27 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Izzit cos u went to the same driving center? They need mi to take the eye test n snap a new id photo when i enrol for 2B thou.. even thou i have an existing license liao... Lolol. I was like "huh? I got license n is driving already leh?" N they say its SOP so juz follow lor 😂

Maybe? Dunno.. LOL...

Just now, fizasulton said:

if ur last licence is more than 2 years ago u need to redo eye test 

not for me.. maybe covid period when I sign up.. got restriction that time ba..

Ok, I'm likely to sign up for BBDC, reason of distance, they are pretty the same distance from my place in the east, but if reference point to my stop over in the West, BBDC is really close. I'll just enroll and see how I go.. ok, I'll start posting once I make it even for the HBTL... It's gonna be a heck of a ride from east to west but I'll not go CDC for sure as close as it might be... ☺️

• Like 1

Bbdc sounds really far if u have to travel from the east.. everytime u got lesson u have to journey to the west sia.. haha good luck.. cant wait to hear ur experiences learning bike (y) 

• Thanks 1

Yes... no choice, CDC seems far and the acronym not so nice.. just type in "CDC Singapore" in a search engine.. 😅 

The key is, BBDC seems like a good place to learn bikes. I was reading through the T&Cs tonight...... signing up as I'm typing this.... 

30 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Yes... no choice, CDC seems far and the acronym not so nice.. just type in "CDC Singapore" in a search engine.. 😅 

The key is, BBDC seems like a good place to learn bikes. I was reading through the T&Cs tonight...... signing up as I'm typing this.... 

Ok, so signed up online on BBDC, image.thumb.png.f8d4ab7e8bbb227fd18095b933bda298.png

credit card charge went through interestingly enough... :D .... Ok, first step done I guess. 

Looking at this, hope it went through...

image.thumb.png.0fd57d016defc51f22a16fccc58ffd8b.png
Ok, so first step done; putting $$ where the mouth is... as promised.. will update here as soon as I continue the process....  thanks much to all for journeying with me.. in some way.. :) 

14 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Ok, so signed up online on BBDC, 

Yay~ another rider to be.. do update ur progress.. faster go book ur lessons n start ur riding :D 

14 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

thanks much to all for journeying with me.. in some way.. :) 

Im still taking my lessons.. haha.. could have passed today but i did stupid things so have to repeat.. 🌚

Oh! So in the end u went with BBDC?
My hb and I just enrolled with CDC! 

Now i’m suddenly trying to see if I can get the UTAP funding from NTUC 😂 so don’t wanna book anything yet. Anyway, the CDC booking quite bad. For the Circuit orientation programme only have dates for the coming 1 week. Cannot book further in advance?!? 

Let’s see how this thing goes… I read that it can take up to 27 lessons to get a 2B license. 

2 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Anyway, the CDC booking quite bad. For the Circuit orientation programme only have dates for the coming 1 week. Cannot book further in advance?!? 

its actually about the same for all 3 schools imo.. like SSDC just release their booking for lesson 8 at 11am n its already all gone by now.. those who never get to book it earlier either have to wait for people release if not need to wait for next week's release already. CDC allows multiple booking so if ur schedule allows, book at least 3 for lesson 1 if not u have to wait very long for the next 1. then lesson 2 onwards u can book at least 2 sessions per lesson. try to keep 48 hours apart so that in case u pass, u can cancel ur existing booking. 

6 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Let’s see how this thing goes… I read that it can take up to 27 lessons to get a 2B license. 

i have booked 21 sessions so far from lesson 1 - 8.. excluding revisions..