SINGAPORE - A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of stealing three motorcycles, and is due to be charged in court on Friday (May 7).
The motorcycles were reported stolen from estates in Woodlands, Canberra and Redhill on Tuesday and Wednesday, said the police.
The suspect was identified through ground inquiries and images from police cameras, and was arrested on Wednesday, they added.
All three motorcycles have been recovered.
The man will be charged with theft of motor vehicle, which carries a prison term of up to seven years and a fine.
The police advised motorcycle owners to adopt measures like:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle box.
Over the past couple of years, there have been more instances of motorcycle theft happening within Singapore so always keep your prize possession safe and make it less attractive for thefts to target!