SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Question] Road tax / Insurance issue

fat-lip

Hi, so I bought an RX-Z in February this year. I received a letter from LTA mentioning that my bike is required to be inspected by 17 October 2015.

My bike was registered in 04 October 2007. I logged into Onemotoring and it indicated that my Current Road Tax Expiry Date is 17 October 2015.

I heard that the road tax and insurance have to be together, or rather, aligned? As in, it has to match?

But my question is, what is the next step upon completion of vehicle inspection? Do I immediately renew my road tax first (for 6 months)? Or wait till my insurance expires next year February and then renew my road tax together?

Because my insurance expires on 26 February 2016.

Please advise. Thank you very much!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just extend ur insurance to 17april 2016 or 17 oct 2016 so after ur inspection u can renew ur road tax 6 mths or 12 mths respectively depending on ur budget.....since u cant renew 6mths road tax on ur current insurance expiry date....cheers...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

So that means, now I will have to extend my insurance first to either 17 April 2016 or 17 October 2016? Only after the insurance is extended, I can have my road tax renewed for -

- 6 months (Till April 2016), or,

- 12 months (Till October 2016)

Isn't it? As long as the insurance is not extended, it is not possible to have the road tax renewed?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So that means, now I will have to extend my insurance first to either 17 April 2016 or 17 October 2016? Only after the insurance is extended, I can have my road tax renewed for -

- 6 months (Till April 2016), or,

- 12 months (Till October 2016)

Isn't it? As long as the insurance is not extended, it is not possible to have the road tax renewed?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can try going with your road tax disc to lta to have your road tax renewed with your current insurance...cheers..never try never know

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Hi just tagging onto this thread. My bike is currently was registered in July 2012 and was on lay-up since June 2015. However, I'm the 3rd owner and took ownership of the bike in June 2015. I checked with the previous owner and he said that he did not receive any letter from LTA. If I want to renew my road tax do I have to send for inspection or just do it online?

Hi.. If your bike was registered in July 2012, and if it's less than 3 years, there is no need for inspection yet. Unless your bike is more than 3 years old only then LTA will send you a letter to notify regarding the vehicle inspection.

To the rest, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Hi just tagging onto this thread. My bike is currently was registered in July 2012 and was on lay-up since June 2015. However, I'm the 3rd owner and took ownership of the bike in June 2015. I checked with the previous owner and he said that he did not receive any letter from LTA. If I want to renew my road tax do I have to send for inspection or just do it online?

hi boss....since ur bike is from LAY UP condition since june 2015....buy insurance...den send for inspection den renew ur road tax at lta since u dont have the road tax disc.....cheers

Edited by pufferfis