SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do you know how to break in your new Bike (Engine)

johntan

Originally posted by slowpoke@Jan 31 2006, 12:13 PM

hi there... i also jus happen to get a new bike...so i guess im in the same situation as u..

i did my run in on the rd.. n its somewhere between hard n soft..

my 1st 300km was spent rollin on and off the throttle n up n down thru the gears.... minimal cruising

rev was below 7.5 to 8k with throttle varyin from nothing to abt 80% of it

according to manual, its very important to load the rings so as to seat properly n to prevent glazing...

i guess since it says tat, im guessing going by the manual is not soft at all.. motortune also dun recommend redlining the motor... but to load the rings with varyin load... n tats very similar to the manual..

run in procedure takes ard 1600km to 2000 km as seen in various sites n manuals

so im guess u cant go terribly wrong with tat..

in motortune n the manual alike, the highlight is to load the rings repeatedly during acceleration n deceleration, not to cruise with minimal load, n to run thru the revs n gears alike.... oh ya n to change the oil n filter asap... i did mine after 300km in one day...

as for the rest of the remaining mileage, jus ride like normal n u'll be fine..

jus sharing wat i jus did.. hope this helps..

pls no flaming hor

enjoy ur new baby...

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :thumb: :thumb:

Hey, thanks bro. I'll make sure to read the manual Thoroughly and do some research of the choice of Run-ins that i believe is the right one for my r6. Thankz again.

Btw, covered 300km in one day? How the hell did u do that??..hohoh. :bow:

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by slowpoke@Jan 31 2006, 02:09 PM

kopi time.. anyone? great pics by the way... seems like this r1 thread is expandin to all makes n models..

:thumb: :thumb:

We go by the philosophy, 'Regardless of what make or model your bike is, as long as you ride a bike, you are welcome to join us.' :cheer: :cheeky:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by Phryford@Jan 31 2006, 02:14 PM

Hey, thanks bro. I'll make sure to read the manual Thoroughly and do some research of the choice of Run-ins that i believe is the right one for my r6. Thankz again.

Btw, covered 300km in one day? How the hell did u do that??..hohoh. :bow:

no prob bro.. enjoy ur nride... 300 km a day.. hmm maybe to machap plus a little local bendys? hehe... cos not only engine.. but other aspects need to break in too.. like clutch, chain, tyres, gearbox n some minor adjustments to suit the rider...

take it easy...

:cheeky: :cheeky:

no matter how.. cant go wrong one.. load the rings n u'll be fine.. cos i know some people from a long time ago.. during break in stay at 4k rpm n never open thorottle... slowly pick up n change gear the sooner the better.. speed below 80km...

i tink tats wrong.. even by manufacturer standards.. haha

:thumb:

My rides since 1994:Nsr Hornet 125/Yamaha LC125/RD125/Suzuki RG125 Light Sprinter/CBR400 Hurricane/Suzuki GSXR 750/Honda XR250/KAWA ZXR750/Yamaha R1 03/Gilera Runner Fxr/ Suzuki GSXR1000 K6/Harley Sportster 1200S/Yamaha 04R1/BMW R1100r/Suzuki SRAD GSXR750/KTM 640SM/Harley VRod VSRCAW/HOnda Fireblade 929/R6'04/St1100V/DRZ400Sm_K8/Current-Aprilia RSV Tuono 1000R

Originally posted by Aie@Jan 31 2006, 02:15 PM

We go by the philosophy, 'Regardless of what make or model your bike is, as long as you ride a bike, you are welcome to join us.' :cheer: :cheeky:

good one dude

:thumb: :thumb:

My rides since 1994:Nsr Hornet 125/Yamaha LC125/RD125/Suzuki RG125 Light Sprinter/CBR400 Hurricane/Suzuki GSXR 750/Honda XR250/KAWA ZXR750/Yamaha R1 03/Gilera Runner Fxr/ Suzuki GSXR1000 K6/Harley Sportster 1200S/Yamaha 04R1/BMW R1100r/Suzuki SRAD GSXR750/KTM 640SM/Harley VRod VSRCAW/HOnda Fireblade 929/R6'04/St1100V/DRZ400Sm_K8/Current-Aprilia RSV Tuono 1000R

Originally posted by slowpoke@Jan 31 2006, 12:13 PM

hi there... i also jus happen to get a new bike...so i guess im in the same situation as u..

i did my run in on the rd.. n its somewhere between hard n soft..

my 1st 300km was spent rollin on and off the throttle n up n down thru the gears.... minimal cruising

rev was below 7.5 to 8k with throttle varyin from nothing to abt 80% of it

according to manual, its very important to load the rings so as to seat properly n to prevent glazing...

i guess since it says tat, im guessing going by the manual is not soft at all.. motortune also dun recommend redlining the motor... but to load the rings with varyin load... n tats very similar to the manual..

run in procedure takes ard 1600km to 2000 km as seen in various sites n manuals

so im guess u cant go terribly wrong with tat..

in motortune n the manual alike, the highlight is to load the rings repeatedly during acceleration n deceleration, not to cruise with minimal load, n to run thru the revs n gears alike.... oh ya n to change the oil n filter asap... i did mine after 300km in one day...

as for the rest of the remaining mileage, jus ride like normal n u'll be fine..

jus sharing wat i jus did.. hope this helps..

pls no flaming hor

enjoy ur new baby...

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :thumb: :thumb:

think i will go by this way when i get my bike... been dwelling on which way to do it... sigh... :confused:

Iron Horses... Let's Rock and Roll!!!

Originally posted by retro@Jan 31 2006, 04:03 PM

think i will go by this way when i get my bike... been dwelling on which way to do it... sigh... :confused:

dun worry abt it bro.. meant to be enjoyed.. not pondered over.. hehe ride a sports bike like a sportsbike n u'll be fine.. not hell rider hor... :cheeky: :cheeky:

Originally posted by slowpoke@Jan 31 2006, 10:21 PM

dun worry abt it bro.. meant to be enjoyed.. not pondered over.. hehe ride a sports bike like a sportsbike n u'll be fine.. not hell rider hor... :cheeky: :cheeky:

Spoken like a true si fu... :cheer: :thumb:

Originally posted by slowpoke@Jan 31 2006, 10:21 PM

all right, i will just ride it like any other sportsbike lah.. should be no prob lah.. :cheeky:

Originally posted by retro@Feb 1 2006, 03:05 PM

all right, i will just ride it like any other sportsbike lah.. should be no prob lah.. :cheeky:

That means, ride it hard and ride it fast... :thumb:

one dark n stormy nite in melaka Rick and gucci......in grasscutter hse......rick and gucci saw slow_sp giving penske a blowjob. all of a sudden, penske gave out a loud "ku niang scream"... "WO LAI LOR!!!!!" And his sperm spit onto GUCCI's face.

slow_sp mumbled something like "wat a tiny diick" But it can shoot so far. It's incredible! And soooooo much supply some more... It is more than a mouthful for Gucci. Short and Powerful, Rick proclaimed.

Gucci trying to swallow the love juices smeared on his own face... Taste yummy! he thought to himself. "Can i have more, Penske?" he asked. then suddenly rick barged in and in desperation and jealousy, sucked penske's diick until he ejaculated a mountainful of poisonous sperm into rick's mouth. the poison starts to take effect and before rick dies, his last words were, " i'm sorry slow_sp that i cant die with ur penis in my mouth." Slow_sp was so sad tat he cant eat or slp for days.

Then, along came Aie, he was so shocked that wat we were doing then. He quickly charged to where the rest were and with his chest heaving and his breathing heavy, he shouted...

"OIIIIII!!! WHY YOU ALL START WITHOUT ME AH???!!! Then quickly he put down his pants and start massaging his thighs cos he got cramps from all that charging earlier. Once he felt OK, he turned and walked out the door, shaking his head & promising himself not to arrive late the next time.

After leaving, he sensed that something was not right so Aie went back through the door, saw slow_sp bending down, and decided to poke slow_sp's ass with a nice green cucumber he just bought for himself... but what the heck he thought... And then...along came phryford who took pity on slow_sp and substituted the green cucumber with.. his head. Miraculously, it fitted right in as slow_sp got a huge asshol*. phryford then realised how shitty it felt like to be in an asshol*... Wet and slimy is the feeling.. Yucks he thought, this assshole must have had been through soft run-in... if only hard run-in was applied...

Sensing the opportunity to profit from this new phenomenon, a number of shops bought dyno machines in case anyone wanted to 'improve' their butts through the different types of run-in.

Slow_sp stood up turn around with the Wide grin on his face.. He ripped off the mask.... To our surprize it was RICKTM..!!!!!! no wonder that BIG HUGE pimpled a$$ looked so familiar...!!!!

THE ONE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS !!!

Originally posted by retro@Feb 3 2006, 04:51 AM

yeah... ride her hard and fast!!! :thumb:

But not too fast. Scared that the bike can't take it, being new and all... :smile:

Originally posted by Aie@Feb 6 2006, 06:07 AM

But not too fast. Scared that the bike can't take it, being new and all... :smile:

so now wat? you said fast then i say ride fast then now you say not too fast? how much is not too fast? :confused:

been hearing abt this 299km/h thingy... hmmm... would love to see it on my speedo... :lovestruck:

Originally posted by retro@Feb 6 2006, 01:48 PM

so now wat? you said fast then i say ride fast then now you say not too fast? how much is not too fast? :confused:

been hearing abt this 299km/h thingy... hmmm... would love to see it on my speedo... :lovestruck:

150km/h to 200km/h is fast. Anything above 200km/h is too fast. Besides, some rider at the 06 R6 thread said that he suffered tankslap at 220km/h to 240km/h. So before you get to throttle happy with your new bike, better ride it and get use to it first before revving it way up high and speeding on it like a bat out of hell... :goodluck:

Originally posted by retro@Feb 6 2006, 01:48 PM

hmm.. well it takes some time to get used to the handling of the gixxer... especially if this is ur first cl2 bike... as for me... from a yammy to a gixxer.. it sure takes some getting used to cos of the big difference in weight distribution...

so far.. i keep her under 8k rpm for the 1st 1000km althou i do go WOT at times.. then its 11krpm for the next 600 km.. then its done.. time for fully syn EO... everything seems ok.. brakes suck thou.. so do change the pads..hoses n fluid too if u feel like it.... n get the suspension set up too... cos its kinda harsh by stock setting...

think tat shld render u much fun in riding around.. fast or slow.. its ur choice

hope to meet up fellow gixxers.. have fun bro

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Originally posted by Aie@Feb 6 2006, 06:05 PM

150km/h to 200km/h is fast. Anything above 200km/h is too fast. Besides, some rider at the 06 R6 thread said that he suffered tankslap at 220km/h to 240km/h. So before you get to throttle happy with your new bike, better ride it and get use to it first before revving it way up high and speeding on it like a bat out of hell... :goodluck:

of course need a few dates to get to know her better before i try anything funny... i no balls to try her on my first date... cos i POSER only lah.... :sweat:

Originally posted by slowpoke@Feb 6 2006, 08:52 PM

hmm.. well it takes some time to get used to the handling of the gixxer... especially if this is ur first cl2 bike... as for me... from a yammy to a gixxer.. it sure takes some getting used to cos of the big difference in weight distribution...

so far.. i keep her under 8k rpm for the 1st 1000km althou i do go WOT at times.. then its 11krpm for the next 600 km.. then its done.. time for fully syn EO... everything seems ok.. brakes suck thou.. so do change the pads..hoses n fluid too if u feel like it.... n get the suspension set up too... cos its kinda harsh by stock setting...

think tat shld render u much fun in riding around.. fast or slow.. its ur choice

hope to meet up fellow gixxers.. have fun bro

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

maybe can try ya way to run in her... anyway wats WOT???

gotta meet up someday lots to learn... :thumb:

Originally posted by retro@Feb 7 2006, 02:51 AM

When meeting up, don't forget to bring along a notebook and a pen. Wanna learn must write down notes mah... :cheeky:

Originally posted by retro@Feb 7 2006, 02:51 AM

WOT = wide open throttle

u got ur bike yet?

actually a good place to run in ur bike n familiarise will be on track...

keep the revs below 8k and everything should seal well with the constant variations in throttle position n load in both acceleration n deceleration..

Originally posted by Aie@Feb 7 2006, 07:04 AM

When meeting up, don't forget to bring along a notebook and a pen. Wanna learn must write down notes mah... :cheeky:

haha i tot pple now use PDAs? hmmmm:cheeky: :cheeky:

Originally posted by slowpoke@Feb 7 2006, 10:30 AM

WOT = wide open throttle

u got ur bike yet?

keep the revs below 8k and everything should seal well with the constant variations in throttle position n load in both acceleration n deceleration..

If you have the experience of riding a big sportsbike before, then it is OK to run in your brand new bike at the tracks like my bro, slowpoke. However, if this is the first time that you have ever ridden a litre sportsbike, then best to familiarize yourself on your brand new bike on the roads rather than the track. With zilch experience, running your bike on the track may be disastrous cos the chances of you buanging your bike is great. Like what my siggy says : First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rule. Not mine... :goodluck:

Originally posted by Aie@Feb 7 2006, 07:04 AM

ya lor nowadays use PDA liao ma... you still behind times... :sweat:

Originally posted by slowpoke@Feb 7 2006, 10:30 AM

WOT = wide open throttle

u got ur bike yet?

no not yet... bike still in shop cos i wanna register it on a day i want.. so gotta wait lor.. free parking under shade.. :cheer:

should be going on track if possible lah... but gotta run in on the roads first.. so if ya see a silver grey in the middle of the night up and down the highway.. could be me!!! :cheeky:

Originally posted by retro@Feb 7 2006, 03:46 PM

ya lor nowadays use PDA liao ma... you still behind times... :sweat:

How I know you got PDA??? Didn't realize that you are a rich boy mah... :confused: