SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

salary of a car sales exe

vtec88

If people doing sales are on fixed pay, where is the motivation ?

:)

You still can set monthly targets for fixed pay + incentive.

Really, motivation for what? Gone were the days when Car SE do cold calls. The majority just sit in the showroom and wait for walk-ins & durians.

You set a high basic, I am sure it will be motivational.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people doing sales are on fixed pay, where is the motivation ? :)

:thumb: I cannot agree more.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Hi guys! I just went for an interview for car salesman. I was told basic ranges from $300 ~ $1000. $300 is if you sold 1-2 cars, and if you hit 5 cars and more then it's $1k basic. But I'm not sure how the commission works there. I heard like if you sell above the selling price, eg. $30 price set by company, you sell it off at $32k, the extra $2k will be shared 50-50 with you and the company. My question is, do car sales man need to hit a certain quota to earn commission? Or maybe, say, you only sell 1 car this month you still get to earn that commission from that 1 car for the month? I'm a little confused. 'Coz the guy told me something about commission but only if I hit 5 cars or more or something. Didn't get to ask properly during the interview. Anyone knows?

Oh btw how do you guys think about the business at automobile megamart? Good or bad?

Anyone able to answer my question?

:cheers:

I am not sure about the pricing. I don't do sales. But based on the circumstances on the automotive industry in Singapore, I will advise you to join a prestigeous authorised agent first.

Cycle And Carriage & Sime Darby are good ones you can join. Get yourself structured to the framework of the industry and move on from there. Also, do get yourself trained in the automotives you sell. If it is OK, you can go and enrol in the automotive course in ITE Balestier and learn something properly. It is a disgrace to have your mistake pointed out by a client. You lose your credibility and possibly also your sales.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Cycle And Carriage & Sime Darby are good ones you can join.

These companies, including Borneo Motors, are almost impossible for newbies because they only want those good track record and a good network of customers.

Most would have to start with PIs or with less established brands like Skoda, and the Chinese cars, and work you way through the systems.

:)

I am not sure about the pricing. I don't do sales. But based on the circumstances on the automotive industry in Singapore, I will advise you to join a prestigeous authorised agent first.

Cycle And Carriage & Sime Darby are good ones you can join. Get yourself structured to the framework of the industry and move on from there. Also, do get yourself trained in the automotives you sell. If it is OK, you can go and enrol in the automotive course in ITE Balestier and learn something properly. It is a disgrace to have your mistake pointed out by a client. You lose your credibility and possibly also your sales.

i had a bmw sales person (noob) tell me that bmw is front wheel drive for 525 lolz pengz

This is to protect the company from hiring idle king who just want to makan basic pay. This is also to encourage you to sell the car at high price.Seems to me that you went interview at car times if i'm not mistaken. If you want to be car salesman it is prefered that you don't have any installments or very little installments to pay every month or else if the market turn against you, you will DIE!! Just an advise

Edited by ZZR600

These comments may vary from company to company but this is the general practice.

Hi guys! I just went for an interview for car salesman. I was told basic ranges from $300 ~ $1000. $300 is if you sold 1-2 cars, and if you hit 5 cars and more then it's $1k basic. But I'm not sure how the commission works there. I heard like if you sell above the selling price, eg. $30 price set by company, you sell it off at $32k, the extra $2k will be shared 50-50 with you and the company.

The price of the car is fixed by the company to avoid under-cutting. However the SE can sweeten the deal by throwing in more freebies, and some of these are paid with their commission.

That's why it's best to close the deal nearest to the COE bidding date because you can squeeze them the most especially to those SE who are short of target for the month.

My question is, do car sales man need to hit a certain quota to earn commission? Or maybe, say, you only sell 1 car this month you still get to earn that commission from that 1 car for the month? I'm a little confused. 'Coz the guy told me something about commission but only if I hit 5 cars or more or something.

Yes, your commission is pegged directly to the units sold. The basic pay is barely enough, and kept low to avoid freeloaders. You have to sell in order to stay alive.

Besides their commission, the SE can also earn side income from used car dealers when they help customers to trade in their car.

Previously the SE gets alot of side income in commissions from banks, insurance companies, car accessories when they referred them customers. Now all these are tied up directly with the car distributors but the SE do get a cut.

Didn't get to ask properly during the interview. Anyone knows?

You should have a list of questions for your prospective employer because policy does vary from company to company.

ZZR600 is trying to tell you, if you have high monthly commitment, it would be unwise to join the car trade.

just to share, when I interview prospective car sales ppl. I ask, why do you want to join the car industry? I will give immediate failure for answers like, "oh, I love cars!" Passion for cars won't feed your pocket.

How does a customer's instalment plan affect the salesman's salary? Please advise.

If I'm not wrong, the longer the duration of installment and the higher the amount of amount loaned will mean more money for the company. Not sure if the salesman's salary is affected. I think it depends on company policy.

*~/dReAm aS |f yOu'|| |iVe fOreVEr, |ivE As |f yoU'|| d|E toDAy\~*

ZZR600 is trying to tell you, if you have high monthly commitment, it would be unwise to join the car trade.

just to share, when I interview prospective car sales ppl. I ask, why do you want to join the car industry? I will give immediate failure for answers like, "oh, I love cars!" Passion for cars won't feed your pocket.

Oh I see. I thought he was referring to the customers about the instalment.

I realised that different interviewers have different perspectives, regardless of what kind of job. For example, for some interviewers when you say "Oh I love cars!" They would think, "Good! You're the kind of person that we want." But for some when you tell them the same thing they will go, "Yaaaah, right. Don't give me that bullshit!" So what kind of answers would you more prefer to hear from interviewees?

If I'm not wrong, the longer the duration of installment and the higher the amount of amount loaned will mean more money for the company. Not sure if the salesman's salary is affected. I think it depends on company policy.

Is it? I thought whatever loans, etc. are from the bank, or am I wrong? Btw you share some similarities with me. You're borned 85 and staying at Toa Payoh? Same here.

:cheers: