SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

~~~Never Buang B4~~~

limpeh

Buang B4?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Buang B4?

i buang my bike 2wk after bought my SP. ran too fast at about 70+ down at TPE exit to Jalan Kayu when cornering!!! Heads up, there i go bang mytself to a curb! not yet build cornering confidence but wanted to try in good speed. unluckily, buang my bike! so sad, medical one thing, bike no cover insurance!

kNowWiNg WwHat ItT MeAansS bBouUT dThiS!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raining day jammed a bit of my rear brake cos car in front of me changed lane abruptly.

Skidded and fell not injuries but continue to ride the bike with bended handler bar to work.

Don\'t Ever race with me and you will not win me. Cos i don\'t like to race and not a good racer.

i buang my bike 2wk after bought my SP. ran too fast at about 70+ down at TPE exit to Jalan Kayu when cornering!!! Heads up, there i go bang mytself to a curb! not yet build cornering confidence but wanted to try in good speed. unluckily, buang my bike! so sad, medical one thing, bike no cover insurance!

Prono, check your PM please...

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

u guys take care please, bikes are a very convenient and fun mode of transport....but most ppl (including myself) tends to push our luck until something happens and scared the shit out of us! Only then we respect the road.......we bikers are at disadvantage as sometimes even we dont speed and are careful, we are still the most unprotected of all the motorists, so ride safe and keep the percentage (of accidents) down....

take care and remember our loved ones and good friends if tempted to speed......

at corporation road...filtering into jjc tat filter....was pillioning my then gf...then too fast....after cm out of the filter....lost control of bike...and knocked into the right kerb...then both of us flew onto the grass patch (heng got road divider) she flew over me...and landed infront of me....not much injuries cept for sm blue black...and a piece of flesh hanging from my inner lip...cos i bua my face on the grass and my teeth scraped out a piece of flesh....but imagine if we were to fall on tarmac....could hv been much more worse....

always rem...ur pillion will always fly further than u...and most probably suffer more serious injuries....i felt damn guilty tat morning...sm more its juz her 2nd time sit my bike....i was sending her to work...in the end got to take leave....

after tat i refuse to take any pillion....its better to die alone....than if u survive and ur pillion die.....the guilt whd be too much to take...

and fat nerd...dun look forward to ur 1st buang...cos its really scary when u lose control of ur vehicle....u know tat ur goin into a buang...but theres nothing u can do....ppl always say like how and wat to react when u abt to buang....but trust me.,..during those split seconds....ur mind cant process one...unless u really buang many times b4...then mayb u can adjust accordingly....

cry me a river that leads to ur ocean...

Guest kingkong

I 'buanged' during Practical 7 OTR lesson (SSDC) at the T-junction near Ang Mo Kio community centre. While coming to a stop at the stop line, a car kissed into my rear at low speed, I fell off the bike, scrapped my ankles a bit.

First reaction was, "SHIT!!! I'm going to fail!!!"... got up immediately, yanked the L-plate out of the car bumper(!), secured it under the rain poncho... was about the pull the bike up, that was when I saw the instructor (who was already on the otherside of the junction at the time of the 'accident') arriving on his bike to assess the situation. The car driver kept apologising and I kept saying I was ok.... I still remember telling myself, must impress the instructor by being able to pick up the bike and continue... that day when i picked up the fallen CB125, it felt damn light (must be the adrenaline) and i almost dropped it on the other side as i yanked the bike from the road.

meanwhile the instructor told the car driver everything's ok, bike light damage (brake light smashed, turn indicator dangling) while the car sustained no damage and I'm still in one piece. i'm already on the bike and trying to start it... but the bike refused to start, and I damn bloody kan chiong, but somehow managed saw that the engine kill switch was flipped to 'OFF'...

anyway, alls well ends well... reached the centre without further mishap, and I actually passed the lesson... hahahahhaha.... the instructor must either pity me, or scared I go lodge report and then they must do paperwork liao.

can't help suppressing a grin when i'm typing this... quite farni come to think of it, but it was a valuable experience learnt and i'm fortunate to have paid only a small price to learn it.

now on my X9 i'm always in full face, armoured jacket and gloves...

I’ve kissed the roads quite a few times some years back, but thankfully I’ve not done so in recent times. Maybe I’m learning the virtue of restraint and being careful.

Off hand I can recall the 2 more serious accidents that I have, which in both incidents I got away with relatively minor injuries.

The first major one involved me and a van. I was coming around a bend just a little too fast along Jurong Road outside SAFTI MI. It was just after the rain, and the road was still damp. I noted that the lanes 1 and 2 (out of 3) were closed due to roadworks. Limit was 60, I was at 80 rounding the medium bend, keeping left (lane 3). At the end of the bend, there was a break in the divider used for right-turns for vehicles on my side of the road. Note that vehicles from the opposite were not allowed to make U-turns. Directly before that right turn, there was a parked excavator, blocking off view of the divider break.

Unlucky me. A van from the opposite direction decided to make an illegal U-turn as I completed the bend. He didn’t see me, I didn’t see him… ‘cos of the parked excavator. He appeared in front me at what I estimate to be less than 5 car lengths… just out of the blue. I reacted immediately, hitting the brakes. At that instant I knew I wasn’t gonna make it, so I twisted the handlebar hard left and jumped off right just before impact. I rolled and slid along the damp road for perhaps 30 meters. Got up and saw that the bike had lodged itself into the underside of the van’s ass-end. Head fairings, dashboard, side fairings… all smashed in. Remarkably, forks were intact as they went under the van. The van itself lost his entire exhaust muffler and his spare tyre was lying somewhere on the road. Big bang.

I looked at my hands and saw my left pinkie bent laterally. Broken finger at the joint. Ouch. Called for a friend to come help me negotiate with van driver (He had a TP case, so he settled with me in cash for my repairs and injuries) and take me to A&E. Turned out to be a joint fracture of the pinkie and some cracks to the meta-tarsal. I broke my fall the hard way. Bike was repaired at $2.3K+.

------------------------------------------------

2nd incident was less serious, but more potentially fatal. Was due to my extreme stupidity. Going in towards Marina South. The last left hand bend in… with the road divider. Was playing with a group of friends. Semi-competitive mood. One of the bikes was ahead of me approaching the final left-hander. He was abt to go on the brakes, and I shot past him. Too fast. At over 90kph, I had to bank the bike hard. Too hard, ‘cos my exhaust can hit the ground and lifted the rear wheel off the road. The bike just suddenly disappeared from under me.

Bike, followed by me slid into the divider curb. The most vivid thing I can remember was I sliding on my back down the road, the bike ahead of me. Sparks. Saw the bike hit the curb by the tires and “high-sided” onto the divider grass patch. Then I followed suit into the curb.

Survived with abrasions and bruises, ‘cos I hit the curb at a shallow angle and “bounced” up onto the grass patch.

Just goes to show you what bad luck and stupidity can do to you and your bike, eh?

I’ve kissed the roads quite a few times some years back, but thankfully I’ve not done so in recent times. Maybe I’m learning the virtue of restraint and being careful.

Off hand I can recall the 2 more serious accidents that I have, which in both incidents I got away with relatively minor injuries.

The first major one involved me and a van. I was coming around a bend just a little too fast along Jurong Road outside SAFTI MI. It was just after the rain, and the road was still damp. I noted that the lanes 1 and 2 (out of 3) were closed due to roadworks. Limit was 60, I was at 80 rounding the medium bend, keeping left (lane 3). At the end of the bend, there was a break in the divider used for right-turns for vehicles on my side of the road. Note that vehicles from the opposite were not allowed to make U-turns. Directly before that right turn, there was a parked excavator, blocking off view of the divider break.

Unlucky me. A van from the opposite direction decided to make an illegal U-turn as I completed the bend. He didn’t see me, I didn’t see him… ‘cos of the parked excavator. He appeared in front me at what I estimate to be less than 5 car lengths… just out of the blue. I reacted immediately, hitting the brakes. At that instant I knew I wasn’t gonna make it, so I twisted the handlebar hard left and jumped off right just before impact. I rolled and slid along the damp road for perhaps 30 meters. Got up and saw that the bike had lodged itself into the underside of the van’s ass-end. Head fairings, dashboard, side fairings… all smashed in. Remarkably, forks were intact as they went under the van. The van itself lost his entire exhaust muffler and his spare tyre was lying somewhere on the road. Big bang.

I looked at my hands and saw my left pinkie bent laterally. Broken finger at the joint. Ouch. Called for a friend to come help me negotiate with van driver (He had a TP case, so he settled with me in cash for my repairs and injuries) and take me to A&E. Turned out to be a joint fracture of the pinkie and some cracks to the meta-tarsal. I broke my fall the hard way. Bike was repaired at $2.3K+.

------------------------------------------------

2nd incident was less serious, but more potentially fatal. Was due to my extreme stupidity. Going in towards Marina South. The last left hand bend in… with the road divider. Was playing with a group of friends. Semi-competitive mood. One of the bikes was ahead of me approaching the final left-hander. He was abt to go on the brakes, and I shot past him. Too fast. At over 90kph, I had to bank the bike hard. Too hard, ‘cos my exhaust can hit the ground and lifted the rear wheel off the road. The bike just suddenly disappeared from under me.

Bike, followed by me slid into the divider curb. The most vivid thing I can remember was I sliding on my back down the road, the bike ahead of me. Sparks. Saw the bike hit the curb by the tires and “high-sided” onto the divider grass patch. Then I followed suit into the curb.

Survived with abrasions and bruises, ‘cos I hit the curb at a shallow angle and “bounced” up onto the grass patch.

Just goes to show you what bad luck and stupidity can do to you and your bike, eh?

You should have claimed even more from the van driver.

I would have hauled him to Boon Siew to get the bike repaired !!!

Not before checking myself into Geneagles first !

Heheh !

Take care bro !

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-3088.gif

You should have claimed even more from the van driver.

I would have hauled him to Boon Siew to get the bike repaired !!!

Not before checking myself into Geneagles first !

Heheh !

Take care bro !

That was an Aprilia. heheh

I think Boon Siew would have chased me off.

Got my bike for like 1 month now, haven't buang yet though i've tried testing my limit. (Heng) Come to think of it, i buang a lot of times esp my 1st lesson on Figure 8. But most memorable is my 1st u turn. I tot like fig 8, muz bend low and throttle enuff to keep speed. In the end rear wheel skid and im in the centre of the road. Lucky lorry behind never chong me. After that, instructor burst out lauging, kb i too fast and 1st time he see ppl buang u-turn.

my experience was on the road at the YMCA there towards the Park Mall that side and my speed was around 90... was playing the left corner initially and it went on smoothly until the right bend and i saw two vehicles in front of me and had no choice but to squeeze between them... i think skid cos its bending over its limit already... three mins after i stand up and run over to the side, a group of cars was also playing the corner there and their speed is very fast... luckily i had run to the side already if not can't imagine the consequence.... :sweat:

as a result, recover only after 2 mths... the first 2 weeks jia lat cos palm injured cannot bath... ;)

Guest leo__rider

my experience was at Jalan Kayu...

the bend tat leads for TPE towards punggol..

a cab tailgate me, then i pick up speed and hit kerb on the right side, then buang....

:weep:

hhmm... just had another expierence on 2 days ago.. had an assignment at south tuas.. and some bloody ars@h@le dropped my bike... man.. 11 days old paintwork kena scratched by the tarmac.. damn dulan.. sped on my way back.. and the long stretch of road was not particularly flat.. was with mini humps.. travelled at abt 90 until encounter a hump twice the height of the normal rd hump.. can feel my whole bike leave the ground and "bang" landed... had to grab the handle bars damn hard to avoid her suffering frm further injuries.. hai... anger took over my senses.. luckily this did not contribute to my list of grd impacts..

:shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

feb 2002 : NSR150

may 2003 : NC23

feb 2004 : TIBS

dec 2004 : Project Baby Thumper..

feb 2006 : SMRT (NEL)

jun 2007 : DRZ-SM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/519318032_48b2f76937.jpg?v=0

Go Public.... i dare you to....

haha...

buang on pandan road proceeding to AYE, unforgetable day and second time was attending 2A e-brake.

Memories of 1403 on 24/8/06

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2910/memoriesof1403tfkl2.jpg

Memories of Arai Helmets

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2710/helmetsdfbi0.jpg

• 8 months later...
Originally posted by armani717@Jun 8 2003, 10:07 PM

Well all the best and hope you become a true rider soon ! :sweat:

Cheers !

:slapforehead:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by leo__rider@Jun 21 2003, 03:59 AM

take it easy lah..

most pple will buang one..

i fu ar edestinated to, u will..

else, u will not..

Hahahaha...buang only once...this is only true if after the first buang the rider totally give up riding, then can admit buang once only...hehehe

If any rider were to carry on riding, surely will continue to buang one ( including me, of course lah) only that the more experienced the rider the less serious is the buang....kekekeke :D

Originally posted by fat_nerd@Jun 8 2003, 08:25 PM

never buanged b4

waiting for the day cos they say if u never buang, ur not a rider.

therefore, i don't feel like a true rider....

:sweat:

dun buang better...

some buang still alive,others buang first time n never to be seen in this world already... ride safely...

lucky loh...

A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows; Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last; To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rather die; You hope you've found that special rose, 'Cause you love and care for the one you chose.

best adivise is not to protect bike when buang..

usually last time when i buang i will always kick my bike away...

imagine if u buang at corner and still want to save ur bike..the impact and weight of the machine after buang hitting pole or railing will be much stronger..

bike can always sell or be repair or at worst scrap..but human body is fragile.

no body parts for sale.:bounce:

:thumb:

1st month to 6th month

1)Front end gave way ( IRC tyre)

Mistake : Jam brake when riding over fresh liquid form cement

2)Hit curb while filtering and checking blind spot ( IRC tyre)

Mistake : Concentrate too much on checking blind spot and hit curb

3)Front end gave way ( IRC tyre)

Mistake : Jam brake when going down slope when suddenly lights change to red.

4)Jam brake and did a "fail stoppie" unintentionally

Mistake : was day dreaming and nearly hit a wrx, jam brake and bike flipped foward like doing a stoppie... it was 180 degree the bike flipped

5)Hit my friend's pillion pegs

Mistake : was tailgating and suddenly he jam brake.

6)Taxi hit me

Mistake : He was turning right and i was going straight ( i was on the right of way).

A little bit slower im under the taxi.

7)Rear wheel jammed

Mistake : riding a skipper when the rear wheel bearing gave way and jammed the whole wheel. Was doing 60km/h and fish tail all the way till it stop as skipper got no clutch.

8)Front end gave way

Mistake : Raining and was doing a u-turn. when over the drain and fell.

9)Front end gave way

Mistake : This ang mo crossing the raod and he dance cha cha ( go to cross and went back) infront of me, jammed brake and skidded

ya you are right, just now only... damn....

Not counting i drop my bike in carpark + lending my friend the bike and he buang due to lack of experience..

Its a whopping 9 accident i got for myself in my 2 years of riding.

I must thank god that he gave me chances after chances for me to try again..

:thumb:

Hope i had learn from my mistake and so could you ...

Actually, most of the above accident can be prevented i had been more alert, going at a slower speed and using correct and recommend equipments..

The more I think of it, the more I hate you.

Originally posted by Dracon@Jun 9 2003, 01:31 PM

it was the big left bend from bke entering bukit panjang...

the roundabout bend issit? wah lau tt one is very hard, i dont dare go anything more than 80...

she's got a smile that seems to me // reminds me of childhood memories // where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky // woah... sweet child of mine // (guns n roses)