SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bike Trip in Viet (2006) -Special thanx FB666Y

YZFx

Originally posted by khit@Sep 4 2006, 09:46 PM

The airport tax in Vietnam: 14 $US for international flights.

At the airport, U can exchange US$ to Vietnam dong to use.

I live in Hanoi (Vietnam), i can share experience to all of u. :goodluck:

Thanks YZFx for your nice pics! :thumb:

really?

are u still staying there? u singaporean?

haha... maybe next time go there again can meet up and be friends.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it true that Vietnam do not allow bike > 175cc to enter? But how about say, MY or SGP registered bike of

DA NANG DMZ here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Wah guys!!.........Looks like U 2 had fun. I also rented the Minsk to solo up Hanoi and then plan was to make it to that north place and detour to Dien Bien Phu in east side. Wah lao eh, I crashed near Mai CHau/Moc Chau there and my pillion rider, this girl from Holland chicken out and took bus back to Hanoi!

Maybe it was wet season but the roads were damn slippery and I skidded afew times on the Minsk. Don't you guys find that it is a damn terrible machine? Damn heavy and go up hills is quite a problem right?

I don;t like the MINSK.................

Guys who interested going, better take the best bike Cuong has to offer. Coz' I dunno if true lah, I notice he always keep the good bike to rent to the Ang Mohs only, the one I got was the red ricketty and noisey one.

Give 100% of yourself......................10% of the time!!

Originally posted by mamaqye@January 22, 2007 01:30 pm

Wah guys!!.........Looks like U 2 had fun. I also rented the Minsk to solo up Hanoi and then plan was to make it to that north place and detour to Dien Bien Phu in east side. Wah lao eh, I crashed near Mai CHau/Moc Chau there and my pillion rider, this girl from Holland chicken out and took bus back to Hanoi!

Maybe it was wet season but the roads were damn slippery and I skidded afew times on the Minsk. Don't you guys find that it is a damn terrible machine? Damn heavy and go up hills is quite a problem right?

Guys who interested going, better take the best bike Cuong has to offer. Coz' I dunno if true lah, I notice he always keep the good bike to rent to the Ang Mohs only, the one I got was the red ricketty and noisey one.

Wah... where did u find this holland girl from??

i find that the bike is ok leh... juz that cannot go fast... but it is fine....

Originally posted by razin@January 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Is it true that Vietnam do not allow bike > 175cc to enter? But how about say, MY or SGP registered bike of

DA NANG DMZ here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

if i nv remember wrongly it only 125cc max... although some rich ppl there got their ways of having a bigger cc bike... i see i myself b4...

but overall, no foreign reg vehicle allow to enter

Originally posted by mamaqye@January 22, 2007 01:30 pm

the minsk i got from cuong has a gear that's hard to engage, otherwise still ok la, ridable condition. however, when going up the hills, i do find it struggling a bit. regarding the skids, maybe the tyres were worn out? it rained during my first 2 days of the loop, and i didnt encounter this problem. but then, you had a pillion, which seems double siong to me.

what happened after Mai Chau then? anyway, at long as you are not injured, falling is part of the fun:sweat:

Originally posted by belgarathc@January 22, 2007 09:25 pm

the minsk i got from cuong has a gear that's hard to engage, otherwise still ok la, ridable condition. however, when going up the hills, i do find it struggling a bit. regarding the skids, maybe the tyres were worn out? it rained during my first 2 days of the loop, and i didnt encounter this problem. but then, you had a pillion, which seems double siong to me.

what happened after Mai Chau then? anyway, at long as you are not injured, falling is part of the fun:sweat:

u can say tt again... i fell too... :sweat: