SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tottenham Hotspur

Scarab

Spurs really need a commanding center back, a holding midfielder to keep up wif the defense n attack n of coz the goalkeeper. to b wif the top 4.

Life is like a shooting star, it don't matter who you are,

If you only run for cover, it's just a waste of time.. :thumb:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/warriorconp/MyRide2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all Spurs fans out there! This thread has been quiet lately. Let me just lighten it with some transfer new/gossip. :D

http://l.yimg.com/i/i/uk/sp/totte2.jpg?x=94&sig=7Iw0fW.HQIZeaJ5wz0IH1A--

Tottenham Hotspur

In (signed):

• Luka Modric (Dinamo Zagreb, £16.6 million);
  • Giovani Dos Santos (Barcelona, £4.7 million)

In (rumours):

• Heurelho Gomes (PSV);
  • Diego Milito (Zaragoza);
  • Ruben de la Red, Daniel Diaz (both Getafe);
  • Emiliano Viviano (Brescia);
  • Aaron Spear (Plymouth Argyle);
  • Diego Capel (Sevilla);
  • Dani Guiza (Real Mallorca)

Out (signed):

• None

Out (rumours):

• Dimitar Berbatov (Barcelona, Manchester United);
  • Kevin Prince Boateng (Stuttgart);
  • Pascal Chimbonda (Aston Villa, Rangers);
  • Darren Bent (Celtic, Everton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Blackburn Rovers);
  • Younes Kaboul (Portsmouth);
  • Michael Dawson, Aaron Lennon (Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers)

Regardless Of Bike Class, Colour, Make Or Model

Live To Ride Bike While We Still Can

Always Ride A Honda :thumb:

Lennon looks forward to new season

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080516/13/3789173133-soccer-barclays-premier-league-tottenham-hotspur-v-portsmouth-white-hart.jpg

Aaron Lennon is back in training and desperate to return to competitive action alongside Tottenham new boys Luka Modric and Giovani dos Santos.Lennon is excited by the prospect of playing alongside the club's new arrivals and expects Juande Ramos' men to be challenging towards the top of the Premier League table next year.

The England international is also delighted at the mood within the White Hart Lane camp and believes that there is an air of expectancy among the players.

"It has been good to have a break but now I'm back and feeling fresh and it's great to see the lads in training after a long time off," Lennon told the club's official website.

"It seems as though everyone has looked after themselves over the summer. We all knew that we'd be in for a hard pre-season, but everyone's up for it and looking forward to the coming campaign.

"We're all excited about the new season and it's also good to see new faces joining the club as well. It's a really strong squad and everyone's buzzing."

Spurs head to Spain next week as they look to step-up their preparations for the new season, and Lennon accepts that training in the Mediterranean heat will help to ensure that the squad are in the best possible condition heading into an opening day contest with Middlesbrough on August 16.

"Now we go to Spain and that will be a real test of our endurance because the climate will be hotter," he said.

"It won't be easy but we're all up for the challenge."

Spurs really need a commanding center back, a holding midfielder to keep up wif the defense n attack n of coz the goalkeeper. to b wif the top 4.

agree wit u bro..:thumb:

THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FAILURES:

THOSE WHO THOUGHT AND NEVER DID,

AND THOSE WHO DID AND NEVER THOUGHT.

Liverpool want Keane, not Villa

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080710/25/6725ed93c880541dba8cc0fea4af56f1.jpg

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has revealed his interest in signing Robbie Keane, but has ruled out a move for David Villa.

Benitez is in the market for striking reinforcements with Peter Crouch on the verge of a move to Portsmouth and has been linked with moves for Tottenham star Keane and Valencia forward Villa.

Keane's future at White Hart Lane has been the subject of speculation in recent weeks, with reports suggesting Spurs would listen to offers for the Republic of Ireland international.

Villa has been a long-term target for Benitez, but the former Valencia boss admits it is unlikely the Reds will be signing the Euro 2008 top scorer.

"I said the other day that he is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us," said Benitez.

"We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names, but at this moment, not our target.

"Keane is one of the other names and okay we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now."

Berbatov agent confirms United interest

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080712/25/bfcaef73fb510e798a0daaf7c65a58da.jpg

Manchester United are interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov, according to the Bulgaria captain's agent.

Reports had suggested that the European and Premier League champions had made a £20 million bid for the gifted marksman, saying United were prepared to offer Berbatov £80,000 a week to move to Old Trafford.

"I know for certain Manchester United have shown interest in signing Dimitar Berbatov," agent Emil Danchev told Bulgaria's Darik radio. "But I'm not entitled to make any more comments."

Last year, United also made enquiries about the possibility of signing Berbatov but he stayed with the north London club.

The striker turned down an offer from United when he joined Spurs from Bayer Leverkusen for 16 million euros in 2006.

The 27-year-old has been linked with some of Europe's other top clubs following excellent performances in his first two seasons in England. He was instrumental in helping Tottenham win the Carling Cup last season - their first trophy since 1999.

Poyet and Bento reject United link

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080715/25/456a0f4d94fae7a18b13c64dccdd180c.jpg

Tottenham assistant manager Gus Poyet and Sporting Lisbon head coach Paulo Bento both denied they are set to join Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson's number two.

United are reportedly keen to employ a young, multi-lingual assistant with an extensive knowledge of foreign players to replace Carlos Queiroz, who left last week to take the Portugal job.

Former Chelsea and Spurs midfielder Poyet - who hails from Uruguay and has also played in Spain and France - would fit the bill, but he insisted he wants to stay alongside boss Juande Ramos at Tottenham.

"It's nothing," Poyet told the Spurs website. "It was a surprise to read it.

"I want to stay at Spurs, I want to stay with this manager, this group of players and this club because I'm very happy.

"When you are in England and you are lucky enough to be with one of the big teams you are always going to get speculation.

"It happens, that's football - I've been around long enough to ignore it!"

Sporting tactician Bento, meanwhile, dismissed the link as speculation.

"I only know the news from the papers. I have not spoken with anybody," he told Antena 1.

"I have a deal with Sporting until June 2009 and now my head is only focused on this project."

Bento, who is only 39, played alongside a young Cristiano Ronaldo at the Lisbon club and is widely regarded as one of the top coaching talents on the continent.

Chimbonda in Sunderland talks

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080719/25/bb8f2232470e6638bca2150663b6a241.jpg

Sunderland target Pascal Chimbonda is on Wearside to open talks over a possible transfer from Tottenham.

The 29-year-old France international is understood to have arrived in the north-east with his representatives after the Black Cats were given permission to talk to him.

Chimbonda is one of four Spurs men - Steed Malbranque, Younes Kaboul and Teemu Tainio are the others - who were the subject of a joint bid by Sunderland which was approved on Thursday evening.

Manager Roy Keane, whose squad flew out to Portugal for a pre-season training camp yesterday, revealed earlier this week that he is yet to sit down with a player this summer to persuade him to join the club.

Sunderland are hoping for similar responses from the three remaining Tottenham players, although Kaboul's agent Rudy Raba has insisted there is no chance of the Morocco-born player signing while Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp maintains an interest.

Redknapp, however, has warned Tottenham he will only do business for a "fair price".

Kaboul is expected to leave White Hart Lane during the summer after struggling to establish himself at Spurs last season.

His agent has ruled out a move to Sunderland, but Portsmouth have been mooted as favourites to sign the France Under 21 international.

Redknapp is willing to take the defender to Fratton Park, but is reluctant to pay over the odds for any player.

"I like him, Kaboul," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"He's a young player I tried to sign before and I'm interested, but the price has got to be right.

"We can't be paying over the top, you've got to pay what you consider to be a fair price for players.

"I think clubs, like us, need to do a deal where if you go and play games and they're successful, great, you pay the money.

"If players come and they don't do the business, I think you've got to be more creative with doing transfers.

"If they're successful you don't mind paying. That's the type of deal we need to do with one or two players - pay a decent up front fee and more money if they're successful and more money if you sell them on, that type of deal."

Tainio Completes Sunderland Switch

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080724/25/cd1aa4e091b5a36ab62154b5d5fb282b.jpg

Sunderland have announced the signing of Tottenham midfielder Teemu Tainio, with Pascal Chimbonda's arrival also expected to be confirmed in the coming days.

The pair were on Wearside on Wednesday afternoon to undergo medicals, which Finland international Tainio passed.

The 28-year-old becomes Black Cats boss Roy Keane's first summer signing and has penned a three-year contract.

Tainio and Chimbonda were among four Tottenham players, along with Steed Malbranque and Younes Kaboul, to speak to Keane in the north-east on Saturday after the two clubs agreed fees for the quartet.

Keane intimated last night that personal terms had also been finalised with two or three of the players.

Versatile midfielder Tainio and full-back Chimbonda have both revealed how impressed they were with Keane at the weekend.

Chairman Niall Quinn and chief executive Peter Walker have managed to push through the first of the deals ahead of Keane's return with his squad from their pre-season camp in Portugal on Thursday.

Keane said on the club's official website: "I'm delighted to sign a player of Teemu's experience and quality, he'll be a valuable addition to our squad.

"Teemu has showed versatility, playing in different midfield positions for both Tottenham and his previous club, Auxerre.

"But his experience in particular and the fact he has played more than 40 international games shows he has a lot to offer Sunderland."

Robinson joins Blackburn

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080725/25/18170c16bf52554ea194ce5a3c779754.jpg

Blackburn Rovers have signed goalkeeper Paul Robinson from Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur for £3.5 million on a five-year contract.

The 28-year-old international, who has 41 England caps but recently fell out of favour with club and country, becomes manager Paul Ince's first signing since he took over from Mark Hughes a month ago.

Spurs had already signed PSV Eindhoven's Brazilian keeper Heurelho Gomes as their first choice for next season, while Blackburn shot-stopper Brad Friedel is in talks with Aston Villa.

Robinson spent four seasons at Tottenham after joining the north London club from Leeds United for £1m, making 175 appearances.

He was England's number one at the 2006 World Cup in Germany but lost his place to Scott Carson in the final Euro 2008 qualifier against Croatia last year and was also demoted at club level. David James has since taken over as England goalkeeper.

Robinson made a number of errors after missing a kick from a back pass, leading to an own goal, in a 2-0 defeat in an earlier qualifier against Croatia in Zagreb, back in 2006.

He was restored to the squad by new manager Fabio Capello for the friendly with France in Paris in March but was then left out of a 30-man party for the friendlies against the United States and Trinidad & Tobago in May.

Robinson played in Tottenham's League Cup final win over Chelsea at Wembley before finishing the season as his club's first-choice keeper.

Black Cats Snap Up Chimbonda

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080727/25/36792b0248f5c093346d373e2979f3f0.jpg

Sunderland manager Roy Keane has strengthened his defensive options by completing the signing of Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda.

The 29-year-old versatile full-back has agreed a three-year contract at the Stadium of Light after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee for the player.

Chimbonda, who moved to White Hart Lane from Wigan for £4.5million in August 2006, is the second Spurs player to move to Wearside this summer following Teemu Tainio's switch.

And Keane believes Chimbonda, who was a non-playing member of France's 2006 World Cup squad, will be a useful addition to the squad.

"He'll give us more options at the back, creating more competition for places there, so all-in-all it is a fantastic signing for us." he told the club's official website.

"Pascal is one of those rare players who can play anywhere across the back line and that will be invaluable to us, so naturally we are very pleased to secure his services.

"He has a lot of Premier League experience which can only be a plus for us."

Chimbonda began his career with French outfit Le Havre and then had a two-year spell at Bastia before he was signed by Wigan boss Paul Jewell for £500,000 in July 2005.

After an impressive debut season with the Latics he was linked with a number of Premier League clubs and handed in a transfer request at the end of the 2005-06 season.

He began the 2006-07 season as a Wigan player but after declaring his interest in leaving the JJB Stadium he was sold to Spurs on transfer deadline day.

Chimbonda, who has been capped once by France against Denmark in May 2006, went on to make 97 appearances for the club before his move to the Stadium of Light.

Keane joins Liverpool from angry Spurs

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080728/25/fd3eebe9629a5009baeb802beeca0663.jpg

Robbie Keane has joined Liverpool from Tottenham for £19 million on a four-year deal after passing a medical at Melwood - but the selling club remain unhappy with the manner the transfer was conducted.

The deal could rise to £20.3m in total, but Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy claimed the sale was "enforced" and the result of "behind the scenes" work.

"I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard, not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and he submitted a transfer request," Levy said.

"I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction. I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade."

Spurs withdrew their official complaint to the Premier League after Liverpool acknowledged their public interest in Keane was inappropriate, however, and it is understood the Merseyside club made a donation to one of Tottenham's preferred charities.

The 28-year-old Republic of Ireland striker had been linked with the Reds since the beginning of July and replaces Peter Crouch, who was sold to Portsmouth for £11m earlier in the pre-season.

"I would like to place on record my thanks to the board, players and fans of Tottenham for the past six years, which were the best and most enjoyable of my career to date," Keane said.

"I will never forget them. I would specifically like to thank chairman Daniel Levy for understanding, that, as a fan, joining Liverpool is a lifelong dream of mine and one I couldn't let pass me by.

"I hope one day the Spurs fans, who have been brilliant to me, can understand this too.

"I have only good things to say about my time at Tottenham and expect them to go from strength to strength under Juande Ramos and Daniel Levy."

Keane spent six years at Spurs, scoring over 100 goals for the North London club since joining from Leeds in 2002.

The Ireland captain - who holds his country's record for international goals - started his professional career at Wolves before spending a season at Coventry and six months at Internazionale.

Keane is the fifth signing this summer for Rafa Benitez, joining David Ngog, Diego Cavalieri, Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena at Anfield.

Liverpool have also declared their interest in Aston Villa captain Gareth Barry, although their reluctance to meet Villa's £18m asking-price has seen the move stall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

09/09 UEFA Cup draw:

Spurs in Group D with Spartak Moscow, Udinese, Dinamo Zagreb and NEC Nijmegen.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/fba8485c/PGMIV250.jpg

• 2 weeks later...