SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MDIS (Management Development Institute of Singapore)

AlvZz

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why u all wanna complained?

its good enough such an organisation wanna accept poor 'O' level results or "something went 'wrong' along the way" as their student..........

blah...blah...blah...

the only setback,MORE MONEY is SPENT....

so,just thank GOD that u are lucky enough to hav a rich parents that willing to sponsor tat MASS COMMUNICATiON or watever certificate ..........

and yeah,STOP improving the image and concentrate more on the studies!!

speed thrills smoking kills

Originally posted by Marlboro@May 11 2005, 05:41 PM

why u all wanna complained?

its good enough such an organisation wanna accept poor 'O' level results or "something went 'wrong' along the way" as their student..........

blah...blah...blah...

the only setback,MORE MONEY is SPENT....

so,just thank GOD that u are lucky enough to hav a rich parents that willing to sponsor tat MASS COMMUNICATiON or watever certificate ..........

and yeah,STOP improving the image and concentrate more on the studies!!

unfortunately, not everybody are fortunate enuff to have rich parents to support themselves financially. true, we should be thankful if organizations are 'willing' to accept our 'poor' grades or so, but it may not necessarily mean that all the students came frm the same background with similar results.

it would not be fair to be selectively shrewd of the whole cohort. true more money is being spent, but we are not here to judge how each student end up at the organizations' doorsteps.

we are not complaining. the thread here is for those students from the same organization to discuss and share their thots and opinions. i'm not really sure what/which complaint is being referred to here. but as to the one that i've mentioned, it is the truth with sentiments that not only one or two students share.

in fact this issue has been discussed with the course coordinator involved and even she agreed that the students should be raising it up to the management. it may not be pertaining to just one issue but to any issue that we student feel is unjust.

Who's the Hoodwinked now?

Originally posted by Narada@May 11 2005, 06:51 PM

unfortunately, not everybody are fortunate enuff to have rich parents to support themselves financially. true, we should be thankful if organizations are 'willing' to accept our 'poor' grades or so, but it may not necessarily mean that all the students came frm the same background with similar results.

it would not be fair to be selectively shrewd of the whole cohort. true more money is being spent, but we are not here to judge how each student end up at the organizations' doorsteps.

we are not complaining. the thread here is for those students from the same organization to discuss and share their thots and opinions. i'm not really sure what/which complaint is being referred to here. but as to the one that i've mentioned, it is the truth with sentiments that not only one or two students share.

in fact this issue has been discussed with the course coordinator involved and even she agreed that the students should be raising it up to the management. it may not be pertaining to just one issue but to any issue that we student feel is unjust.

cool off narada... tat guy didn't even had a clear idea b4 he started ranting...

i didn't had rich parents, i paid off my studies with part time work over the years. my grades 4 my Olevels ain't tat bad although it wasn't tat fantastic. at least i hv got straight passes.. :mad: anyway, i ended in SP with some engineering course b4 heading to NS then MDIS.

Malboro, try not to stereotype private sch students as rich brats. cos not are.

yeah.. i saw the 'new' campus at queenstown. supposedly we're to properly shift in by june 2005. but from what i see.. i dont know.. can make it or not. cos they bot over another school or building and doing reno works on it.. frm what i see.. like no difference leh.. :giddy: but i tink some of the facilities are alredy working.. cos some of the modules for certain courses are being held there alredy.. anw.. they've started to close down certain centres alredy.. Somerset UOL bldg and Middle rd Bylands Bldg alredy ceased operations.

Originally posted by Narada@May 12 2005, 02:47 AM

yeah.. i saw the 'new' campus at queenstown. supposedly we're to properly shift in by june 2005. but from what i see.. i dont know.. can make it or not. cos they bot over another school or building and doing reno works on it.. frm what i see.. like no difference leh.. :giddy: but i tink some of the facilities are alredy working.. cos some of the modules for certain courses are being held there alredy.. anw.. they've started to close down certain centres alredy.. Somerset UOL bldg and Middle rd Bylands Bldg alredy ceased operations.

oh well... i didn't noe the campus was actually a bought over.

btw, bylands & UOL ceased operations?? i juz had my exams there like last week..

ok thats wierd.. bcos when i wanted to pay my fees they say not to go there bcos of that.. and that was like last mth or sumthing... maybe for exams still open? :confused: my lessons was at UOL but exams at Dhoby Ghaut..

i'm wondering....

no pun intended watsoever...

if any RICH tom,######,harry can enrol for MDIS..

(the word is MONEY ... intelligence secondary(as if needed in tis case),entry is based on "if the PRICE is RIGHT")

don we all feel that the certificate is nothing compared to other gahment institute?

correct me if i'm WRONG....Ngee Ann Polytechnic(gahment) has Mass Communication,right?

Yes,its a diploma.......so,compare it with MDIS's Degree in Mass Communication..

which hav a higher chance of securing a deal of getting that JOB?

and yeah.....MDIS's Mass Communication's degree can even be obtained abt plus minus 2 years?

"to think outside the BOX".....tats wat i believe PRIVATE or OVERSEAS education trying to make the society believe......well,wat i believe is try to make that ATTENDANCE COMPULSORY by NOT SKiPPING school!!

seriously i dont see the objective of your post in this thread. we are all aware of the consequences of our choices made. external factors that doesnt enable one to enrol in a govt school doesnt make him or her a less likely candidate for job opportunities.

personally i've known several NP grads frm the same course who are still jobless and end up in non-related jobscopes. it also depends on one's preception and definition of what Mass Communications is all about.

attendance is of course compulsory as much as pte students are concern. truancy has always been prevalent thru out time no matter if one is in a govt schl or not. in fact it is quite strict here as well. anything less than 80% attendance w/o valid reason will automatically bar you frm examinations. no excuse.

as mentioned before, kindly define yr purpose of posting in here. are u in MDIS as well?

seems like u have an issue wif truancy here. prejudgment on a students' attendance is relatively irrelevant.

having a pte or govt education has both its pros and cons. its how u weigh it and how u choose to accept it. why the particular focus on this MDIS issue and the Mass Communications course itself?

there are good JC students or O levels students who just refused to go to local polytechnics but choose to take a different path. stop dissing at people's choices.

intellectuals do have problems with the world around them. but what differs them frm the typical 'all-but-rant-intellectual-seems-to-be' is that they try to something to make a change about what is not right.

Originally posted by Marlboro@May 12 2005, 11:22 AM

i'm wondering....

no pun intended watsoever...

if any RICH tom,######,harry can enrol for MDIS..

(the word is MONEY ... intelligence secondary(as if needed in tis case),entry is based on "if the PRICE is RIGHT")

don we all feel that the certificate is nothing compared to other gahment institute?

correct me if i'm WRONG....Ngee Ann Polytechnic(gahment) has Mass Communication,right?

Yes,its a diploma.......so,compare it with MDIS's Degree in Mass Communication..

which hav a higher chance of securing a deal of getting that JOB?

and yeah.....MDIS's Mass Communication's degree can even be obtained abt plus minus 2 years?

"to think outside the BOX".....tats wat i believe PRIVATE or OVERSEAS education trying to make the society believe......well,wat i believe is try to make that ATTENDANCE COMPULSORY by NOT SKiPPING school!!

i m really interested to know if u r a student of MDIS as well... cos it seems like u aren't contributing much to this thread..

u're not tat bright from wat i see....

my reply doesnt seem tat i'm from MDIS,right?

cant blame ya....u from "think out of the BOX" so called school....

why?cant a non MDIS personnel enter this thread?

anyway...wat i recalled,MDIS doesnt owned this thread...

or am i too POOR to enter this thread?

or am i not HIP enough to enter tis thread?

if u choose to think that way then let it be. i pity those who simply enjoy going around judging on the intellects of others.

nobody says whether u can or cannot enter this thread. of course MDIS doenst own this thread. as do other institutions represented by the forumers of other threads. that would be silly.

if u feel that u're having the last laugh, then hats off to you.

Originally posted by Narada@May 12 2005, 01:15 PM

if u choose to think that way then let it be. i pity those who simply enjoy going around judging on the intellects of others.

nobody says whether u can or cannot enter this thread. of course MDIS doenst own this thread. as do other institutions represented by the forumers of other threads. that would be silly.

if u feel that u're having the last laugh, then hats off to you.

well,i'm not the one judging.....

from wat i see....

USUALLY....i say USUALLY,not GENERALISING....

MDIS student are usually potentially ITE student....

too paiseh to enter such sch...

so,from tat senario.....wat hav we learned?

another senario,

MDIS student look differently at ITE student as human being....

as if they are intellectually better....

and i'm not even an ITE student...

so,wat hav we LEARNED here?

Originally posted by Marlboro@May 12 2005, 01:01 PM

u're not tat bright from wat i see....

my reply doesnt seem tat i'm from MDIS,right?

cant blame ya....u from "think out of the BOX" so called school....

why?cant a non MDIS personnel enter this thread?

anyway...wat i recalled,MDIS doesnt owned this thread...

or am i too POOR to enter this thread?

or am i not HIP enough to enter tis thread?

hey wat happened?? no one is discriminating u.. seems like u can't read between the lines?? & y r u capitalising on the 'think out of the box' phrase?? its funny. :D

but although we r in a public forum, it doesn't warrants u to unleash personal attacks on me.. :nono: the part being bright or not is totally not needed. but then again, how do u rate someone's intellect & cultivation if he could quote something like this?? u really need to ponder on this.. :smile:

this thread, though not crowded, has always been a peaceful one for fellow schmates to acknowledge each other.. then mr noseypoker came along in a bandwagon & started posting subjective craps & personal attacks..

neither u, me nor mdis owns the thread but posting in a forum requires substantial mindfulness & rules to follow. u r free to post but take note. :thumb:

regarding the POOR & HIP, i seriously dun understand a word of it. its confusing, did u had a bad childhood??

well.. not really.. not all of them are like that.

by saying usually its albeit generalising alredy..

personally i dun tink ITE is embarassing. why the focus on MDIS students' perceptions on ITE students.. u seem to keep raising issues one by one. tsk tsk.. alot of bitterness is resonated in yr postings..

cool it man.

Originally posted by standlee@May 12 2005, 01:29 PM

wow.. me had them at bylands, then somerset, then changi hq... :giddy: but i remember attending my last revision class at UOL like 2wks back..

i tink they're slowly phasing out the centres.. thats why..