SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ica for career

ggc9898

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICA officers,like my friend,earn a lot.can take home $3k due to the high OT.but be prepared to work in a stressful environment.if you read in the papers recently,ICA experienced quite a high staff turnover rate.the work hours are flexible but you must be mentally and physically prepared for the daily rigours of the work.

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

• 3 weeks later...

Let me tell u frankly u going to meet all kinds of people, attitude problem like throwing passport at u, some turn to their friend say very slow & vulgar start to come out, officer's call their name out they dare to say face not same meh? or even best just kept quiet.. Rude ppl.. n they love to ask officer why jam? seriously i will say many trallvers are singaporean i tink they go jb just to pump petrol.. not all are bad, some are very nice & polite driver's.. this job is a low-respect repuitation by member's of public.. just join career prospect heard is gd, promotion wise not too sure..

guys, you can work ICA if u know how to entertain yrself know how to slack manage yr time well. Cos normally they work shift work. SOmetime they do need to do OT. OT pay is Double AS much as $9 or $15 per hour. COs i use to be a checker in checkpoint, use to chat with those ICA people. if u plan to work long till 60s go ahead. haha. attitude people like those ****er saying why jam so long. Yet i alway reply next time u take helicoter there no jam. Cant wait right spend more money then. haha.

If you diploma holder if i not wrong u join ica start pay is 2k already. plus ot u can get home 3k or mroe then that.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally find that it's nv a good idea to join civil service without a degree.

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

so many different point of view from prospect to working environment and to the OT of ICA officers. well it looks to me like this may be a bit stress but the $ can be good.

so can consider for a career.

i see many staff sergeant around. i wonder if this is the terminal rank ( the rank you end up B4 you retire) for most ppl in ICA.

but i hear for SSGT pay is also good.abt $3K. can any one enlighten this point?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any one had attend the interview and not yet received any news as yet?

I went for the interview last friday and about 15 to 20 people attending too.

Kind of unconvincing by the way the interviewer ask questions. Also feel like no hope like that but praying hard will be accepted.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...