SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SMSA Racing License

Everyone I know just gives money for their race licence, kind of like buying it.

It's very similar to 3rd world countries where you just walk in, pay for a driving licence, walk out and buy a car. No tests, no briefing, no information given, nothing, zip, zilch, nada.

You know what, it's just as easy as buying a Big Mac. I think they should do home delivery, you know just call and order, wait for the delivery dude and pay.

Many racers out there get more information on racing knowledge like flag colours and the meanings, track ettiquette, preparation...etc from their friends.

Maybe we should pay their friends instead of paying for the licence? I think it's more worth it that way.

Goes to show what some people care about.

Besides, this adds to the danger since new riders have no idea what to do or expect.

I learnt the flags and basic rules online for free,

Hartholomew Mamola

Edited by Hartholomew

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys..i want to be a racer..

but how?

where do i need to go for training?

do i need to buy that race suit?

do i use my own bike or i can rent?

i need some advice on how to be a racer..and thanks

Bro every1 oso wan 2 b a racer BUT....

1) Go practise more @ PG n try to get a 1.42-1.45 timing or even faster then tat....

2) Cfm u need to buy a race suit, if u r going 4 a normal ride n get e feel yes jacket can liao but 4 race no.......

3)No 1 will rent u bike n every racer gt 2 have their own bike cuz u gt 2 use to ur own bike cuz every1 is nt Pro......

Lastly is get recoginse but other with ur timing so tat can get a bike shop 2 sponsor u n finally u gt 2 learn all e rule on track......

http://media5.fliptrack.com/d/photos/CB/iCBGkMEtrQ39B0SAinDSt.jpg

Really miss riding hope i gt a bike now..........:sian:

I guess it's a free-for-all kinda deal to begin participating in races, and there's no hard and fast rule for one to participate; timing is definitely not exclusively one of them.

Each and every one has their own skill...however, since everybody is fast, racers usually find training to keep up with others.

However, as a race participant has mentioned to me when I asked him, before and during the race it's better to respect other racers by (eg)

1. Keeping your bike clean and leak-free; keeps the track clean.

2. Mirrors and signal lights absolutely a nono. Chain/sprocket, fairings, and parts intact.

3. Knowing what the coloured flags are for (as mentioned by Hartlo...erm..thomew, difficult to pronounce leh)

4. Adhering to other requirements that a sanctioned race may have when you sign the paper.

It's essentially basic courtesy...racetrack style.

Lastly is get recoginse but other with ur timing so tat can get a bike shop 2 sponsor u n finally u gt 2 learn all e rule on track......

This is based on pure luck that a bikeshop takes a racer under its wing.

I have seen one that simply and wholeheartedly participates in races without any sponsorship assistance. Now that's dedication indeed!

Any frequent racers here? Do feel free to leave comments or corrections, if you find any :)

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Everyone I know just gives money for their race licence, kind of like buying it.

It's very similar to 3rd world countries where you just walk in, pay for a driving licence, walk out and buy a car. No tests, no briefing, no information given, nothing, zip, zilch, nada.

You know what, it's just as easy as buying a Big Mac. I think they should do home delivery, you know just call and order, wait for the delivery dude and pay.

Many racers out there get more information on racing knowledge like flag colours and the meanings, track ettiquette, preparation...etc from their friends.

Maybe we should pay their friends instead of paying for the licence? I think it's more worth it that way.

Goes to show what some people care about.

Besides, this adds to the danger since new riders have no idea what to do or expect.

I learnt the flags and basic rules online for free,

Hartholomew Mamola

A toast to that...

[

• 2 months later...

Im not sure either. My personal feeling is that if you are ambivalent about racing you probably shouldnt. Like Jay and Fister, I like going out and working on skills and BS-ing without the pressure of trying to win anything. I would like to apply for my license and do the two race weekends just to get the official license one day though. Mostly just to say I did it.