SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SMSA Racing License

Hi, Guys & Gals:

For those who are interested in racing, below are the tips on getting SMSA license in order to take part legally for race events conducted locally or overseas.

Fees are as follows:

1. Entrance Fee (One Time Payment) - S$80

2. New Ordinary & Renewal Membership - S$ 40.00 / Year

3. Race License - Depending on class / catergory applying for.

Steps to apply:

A. Application for SMSA MEMBERSHIP

1. Bring along 2 x passport size photograph.

2. Go to SMSA @

Singapore Motor Sports Association,

20 Maxwell Road,

#10-18 Maxwell House

Singapore 069113

3. Fill in the form as provided by Janet.

B. Application for RACE LICENSE

1. Fill in form as provided by Janet.

2. Take Medical Record log from Janet and see a doc of your choice for annual checkup & Tetanus Jab.

3. Bring the Medical Record log to Janet.

4. Pay for race license and your race license will be sent to u by post.

C. Steps in Taking part in RACE if you are a member of SMSA holding valid RACE LICENSE.

1. Must take note that the race must be SANCTIONED by SMSA or affliated FMNs, ie AAM.

2. Read SR of race. SR provides you with the race schedule, date / time / place of a race. It also provides you with rules & regulations, DOs & DON'Ts, restrictions... etc.

3. The class which you are taking part must be the class which you applied for in your race license, ie SUPERMOTARD = Dirt Bike & Motorcross class as indicated in your race license.

4. Go down to the place as indicated in the SR to fill in participation form, idemity form and pay money for the race.

5. Make sure your race license is valid. If it is not, u must go down to SMSA at address as indicated above to renew your licenses. There are some cases of license not able to be handed over to u on the day of renewal or application. U can show the receipt to proof when registration for race.

** Pls take note that there are 2 different things to apply. 1 is for SMSA Membership, 2 is for Race license. U must be a SMSA member before you can apply for race license.

*** If u just want to be a member of SMSA, u can just apply for SMSA membership. There are SMSA events where u can participate like SMSA AGM, where u have voting rights too. But pls take note you have to renew it annually. Calender date for SMSA is 1st of Jan - 31 Dec every year. A reminder letter will be sent by post to renew.

**** If u wanna race overseas, ie PG or Sepang, u need to purchase race insurance.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by faris@Sep 15 2006, 03:07 PM

whats international and nation? i'am abit blur thanks.

Just the grade of licence and that sort of sets the perimeters of which events you can compete in and what type of insurance needed(also depends on event).

National Licence Events

1. Johor Clubman

2. Malaysian Superseries

3. Kallang Cub Prix/Motard

International Licence Events

1. Asia Pacific Grand Prix

2. Any other event(Club or otherwise) taking place outside of Malaysia and Singapore.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by boy_nemo@February 12, 2007 01:35 pm

Whats the age limit for racing?i mean minimum age...

In Singapore, riders and drivers are NEED to have a Government Issued driver's licence before you can apply for a competition licence. So in that sense, the age limit is limited by the government. The exception to the rules are:

(1) Already racing abroad e.g. 15years, too young to have a road licence but have results from abroad.

(2) Has ever been trained or can show some proof of decent closed circuit riding expertise to competition secretary who will appeal on your behalf and on a case-by-case basis.

• 3 weeks later...

so guys just wanna check wif u.. so renewal of membership is 40, how bout licence? i was told 60? so total 100 plus medical check up 110?

so is it 40 plus licence or without?

but that is not wat i was told the first tyme.. haiz smsa...

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Originally posted by skazuz@February 28, 2007 05:40 pm

so guys just wanna check wif u.. so renewal of membership is 40, how bout licence? i was told 60? so total 100 plus medical check up 110?

so is it 40 plus licence or without?

but that is not wat i was told the first tyme.. haiz smsa...

cheers

skazuz

$40 for renewal ONLY.

$60 for NATIONAL LICENCE.

I think $100 for International.

All seperate items and need to be renewed yearly.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
but got track events in singapore meh? sport bike i mean....anyway...i now onli p plate but i interested in racing....can anot? is it allowed?

information not applicable anmore.

Edited by redbeacon
Added some more information.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Is there any procedure for People from other countries getting a race licence in sg? I've found the notes on getting Malaysian race licence -

"If you are not a Malaysian Citizen, you will have to get a release letter from your home race authority (a fax will do) to say that they have no objection to you getting a Malaysian Race license. British passport holders can get in touch with the Auto Cycle Union.

Please contact the AAM Motorsports department for details on this. Singaporean Citizens will have to go through a similar process with the Singapore MotorSports Association (SMSA) and get in touch with SIC officials for an Invite to join the race.

You are now allowed to race in the MSS! "

Which is absically be enough- as there arnt any road races in SG... - but this is dataed 2003... any further tips is appreciated....

Ta.

"There are three things that smell of fish. One of them is fish. ..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The person who stands up and says:

'This is stupid,'

either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful:

'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!':thumb: F.Z.

AND -

How do i email the SMSA?? the is no contact email on there site! Hoe 'rerto'.

"There are three things that smell of fish. One of them is fish. ..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The person who stands up and says:

'This is stupid,'

either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful:

'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!':thumb: F.Z.

Is there any procedure for People from other countries getting a race licence in sg? I've found the notes on getting Malaysian race licence -

"If you are not a Malaysian Citizen, you will have to get a release letter from your home race authority (a fax will do) to say that they have no objection to you getting a Malaysian Race license. British passport holders can get in touch with the Auto Cycle Union.

Please contact the AAM Motorsports department for details on this. Singaporean Citizens will have to go through a similar process with the Singapore MotorSports Association (SMSA) and get in touch with SIC officials for an Invite to join the race.

You are now allowed to race in the MSS! "

Which is absically be enough- as there arnt any road races in SG... - but this is dataed 2003... any further tips is appreciated....

Ta.

AND -

How do i email the SMSA?? the is no contact email on there site! Hoe 'rerto'.

as per above, u just need a release letter from ur country of origin' race association. then i guess u may be able to apply for a race license locally.

but if i'm wrong, u'd better contact janet from

SINGAPORE MOTOR SPORTS ASSOCIATION

20 Maxwell Road,

#10-18 Maxwell House

Singapore 069113

TEL: (65) 62277889 • FAX: (65) 62270911 • EMAIL: [email protected]

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/abm_shafiq/IMG_6747.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Where do I find information on the rules for the race classes

1. supersport

2. superbike if any, or the m'sia rules

History:

CB550 - CB900 BolDor - GT550 - GPz1100 - ZZR1100 - NicoBakker ZX11 - Yamaha OW01 - GSXR 750 SRAD

RM250 99 - R1 98 - R1 00 - KTM 620 SM 00 - KTM 520 SX 00 - GSXR 750 01 - KTM 520 SX 01 - KTM 525 EXC SM 03 - XV1100- Ducati 749S - KTM 525 SX - Honda CR 450 05 - Ducati 999S - H-D NightRod - H-D FatBob - Hypermotard S - Yamaha R1 2009 :thumb: :thumb:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

for a start, u need to get ur own suit, bike and train urself...

its a long way if u really wan to be a racer..

U have to be recognized b4 anyone will be willing to sponsor unless gt some rich ppl whose money overflowing go sponsor u....

b4 tat..u r on your own..

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

• 1 month later...
guys..i want to be a racer..

but how?

where do i need to go for training?

do i need to buy that race suit?

do i use my own bike or i can rent?

i need some advice on how to be a racer..and thanks

Haha. Thanks for making my day

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/h4hahak1m/DSC01047-1.jpg

Spark 135 and x1r riders!

Add yourself into our new FB page now!

Or if u're and ex-spark/x1r rider.

No registration fees :)

https://www.facebook.com/yamahat135sbf

• 1 month later...
so...basicly ur juz pay for the license??? not like they teach u???

Nopes bro.... Dey dun teach... The license is to allow you to participate in races, dats all. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs070.ash2/36850_1470125683300_1538350120_1195063_2800798_n.jpg

http://www.familylobby.com/common/tt2764229fltt.gif

Lives To Ride Another Day.