SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Procedure at Tuas 2nd link?

Shanghai

Hi all,

I'm new to travelling to Malaysia and the procedure at the Tuas 2nd link.

From what I can understand tolls etc. on the Singapore side can be paid with a NETS Cash Card but what about on the Malaysian side?

I don't have a "Tap 'n Go" card.

Can I pay cash and if not how do I buy a Tap 'n Go card before the Malaysian toll gate?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shanghai,

After you clear the Singapore customs at the Second Link, you will reach the Malaysian customs where you just need to produce your passport. Another 1km down the road you will reach the toll plaza. You can purchase a Touch n Go Card from the first booth (if it is manned) or at the last counter. There will normally be a staff at the counter during working hours. Hope this helps.

My Rides:

020307-050408: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU9253X)

030508-170115: Honda Shadow Slasher (FV5149K)

010213-010415: Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic (FBC822E)

090313-121113: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU2004U)

310315-present: Harley-Davidson FLHTK Ultra Limited (FBJ-----)

Hi Shanghai,

After you clear the Singapore customs at the Second Link, you will reach the Malaysian customs where you just need to produce your passport. Another 1km down the road you will reach the toll plaza. You can purchase a Touch n Go Card from the first booth (if it is manned) or at the last counter. There will normally be a staff at the counter during working hours. Hope this helps.

Thanks Aloha,

I managed to borrow a friends Touch n Go Card and then purchased my own at a Petrol Kiosk.

Another stupid question. This time I went by myself but next time I will have a pillion with me. How does the automatic passport scanning and thumb print check work at Singapore Immigration for 2 people? Do we both scan our passports, then proceed to next gate and then process both sets of thumb prints?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Shanghai,

Yes that is correct. You are supposed to remove the helmet at both counters as well.

My Rides:

020307-050408: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU9253X)

030508-170115: Honda Shadow Slasher (FV5149K)

010213-010415: Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic (FBC822E)

090313-121113: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU2004U)

310315-present: Harley-Davidson FLHTK Ultra Limited (FBJ-----)

No need remove helmet at Passport auto-counters, especially at Tuas. Unless requested at Bike Check area.

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/